ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 798 posts

So I've been playing exclusively solo since earlier this year, and now just passed SHD level 500 and I've tried several different builds... and here's my observation...

I started with an all RED DPS build using a rifle (Artist's Tool) and while it was effective, I can no longer play it... it's just not good.

My most powerful builds that make the game a lot easier are:

• Negotiators Dilemma with a full auto AR or even better an LMG (less reloading) - Kills multiple targets quickly
    • Pestilence build with Glass Cannon - Kills multiple targets quickly
    • Eclipse build using fire chem launcher and drone - Kills multiple targets quickly
    • Hunter's fury with Momento, shield and Scorpio - Kills multiple targets at close range quickly while being invincible

The key here is being able to eliminate a lot of enemies very quickly. Is that what you guys find as well?

Is there a build I've overlooked that also feels OP?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Adrian-11
    881 posts

@virtual-chris

A bit unusual, but this is my cheese for quick kills or tough targets:

• 3 pieces Striker (2 reds, 1 blue)
    • Zero Fs (BT blue)
    • Fox's Prayer
    • Memento
    • Scorpio + M1A CQB
    • Firewall spec with shield + reviver (jammer pulse for rogues, hunters and Keener)

• LateNiteDelight
    1017 posts

@Virtual-Chris any sniper build with Headhunter, when I'm clicking, feels silly OP.

My Memento PfE Crit build is OP. Doubly so if I cheese around with Pestilence or Scorpio. It doesn't mow as fast, but I have to actively try to die.

I actually find my Crit/Rifle/Boomerang build OP as well - but it's also fully god rolled. I stopped using it when I stopped playing Heroic [when the Optimization table dropped].

• xcel30
    691 posts

Well there is the usual full red M1A, shield and focus for big damage, using the usual suspects of Fox prayers, Hollow man masks and so on.

• Virtual-Chris
    Well there is the usual full red M1A, shield and focus for big damage, using the usual suspects of Fox prayers, Hollow man masks and so on.

I just don’t feel these type of red builds can compete with some of the gear sets and exotics that kill multiple enemies for you or make you invincible. They are effective but not OP.

• Virtual-Chris

@adrian-11

I need to give Strikers a try. That build sounds invincible… similar to my Hunters Fury build. How is your TTK though? I tend to favor builds that kill quickly vs slow but invincible builds. Although these kinds of builds are pretty much essential against tough bosses as you say.

The thing with Pestilence is you just drill into the toughest enemy in the room and while you’re reloading, the rest drop dead. It’s almost comical.

• Virtual-Chris

@latenitedelight

I think the PFE idea is great. I could switch my mods out on any build for an instant 33% protection from elites… more with improvised gear I guess. I should try that on the Wall Street mission. I seem to have the toughest time with that one. But I haven’t tried my Pestilence build there. I’m guessing that would be very effective.

And yeah, my Mantis Perfect Headhunter decoy build is lethal but I find I really need to be on the top of my game to make it most effective. It’s usually not OP as a result of me 🙂

• LateNiteDelight
    1017 posts

@virtual-chris yeah, mine has improvised gear, so I'm sitting at 72%. Belstone mask for extra armor regen, Ceska chest for the CHC.

Gunner gives me 10%AoK too, for some overkill..

• Oatiecrumble
    481 posts

Right now i'm using:

Sharpshooter with Revive Hive and Healing Drone

1 x Foxes Prayer
    1 x Ceska
    1 x Groupo
    3 x Providence

Vigilance (still looking for Perfect Vigilance) + Perfect Glass Cannon

1 x Bakers Dozen (Dunno why but i find over time it does better than Boomerang)
    1 x Carbine 7 with Optimist

I was always wary of glass cannon but now play with it, just requires a different playstyle.

60% CHC + 200% CHD

Enemies die at their spawns

But for OP i would say:

3 x Empress
    1 x Wyvern
    1 x Hana-U
    1 x Waveform

1 piece with armor due to technician extra skill tier.

All mods on gear: Skill Haste

Perfectly Combined Arms
    Glass Cannon
    Test Subject
    Capcitor

Turret & Drone

It's just silly how much damage it does.

• xcel30
    691 posts

@virtual-chris I mean they were the raid and legendary meta for a while, don't understimate how fast you drop anyone with that build

• LateNiteDelight
    1017 posts

@oatiecrumble I'm assuming you are over SHD1000, so why stick with Providence?

• Virtual-Chris
    Right now i'm using:

Sharpshooter with Revive Hive and Healing Drone

1 x Foxes Prayer
    1 x Ceska
    1 x Groupo
    3 x Providence

Vigilance (still looking for Perfect Vigilance) + Perfect Glass Cannon

1 x Bakers Dozen (Dunno why but i find over time it does better than Boomerang)
    1 x Carbine 7 with Optimist

I run this exact build with the Artists Tool and striker drone... it was suggested to me long ago for it's minimal sponge benefit. I do like it, and do appreciate that it does a lot of damage. It was the best build before I got gear sets and exotics. I find it's not nearly as effective as say an all-red Negotiators Dilemma build, or a an all-red build rolled for weapon handling using the Pestilence. What I'm saying is that the old meta DPS build can't compete with some other all-red builds that sting multiple targets or that leverage Momento. But maybe that's just me?

• Adrian-11
    881 posts

@virtual-chris

I get 10% STG damage from the Budger Tuff (BT) chest + 15% RoF and 15% Handling from Striker, makes the hits coming faster and more accurate, hence shortening the TTK. Under ideal conditions (read not missing shots), 15% RoF translates in 15% DPS, so 25% increase when you add the bonus from Badger. Handling ensures you are not missing the shots (we talking in-your-face CQB with shield, so better not miss). Not as invincible as HF, you lose the armor on kill by using Striker instead. Zero Fs give you the Perfect Unbreakable to compensate a bit.
    Me likes it better than HF 15% STG damage. You can improve the damage with Intimidate + Adrenaline, but you'll have to drop the Memento for that.

BTW, with Striker, LVOA-C RoF approaches the lower rates ARs if you can click fast enough 😂 . I would love to see an automatic LVOA-C in the new update.

• Oatiecrumble
    481 posts

@LateNiteDelight i stick with Providence because you can only get Perfect Glass Cannon & Perfect Vigilance on Providence......plus there ain't much of a reason not to use it.

• Oatiecrumble
    481 posts

@Virtual-Chris i use that build because all i do is CP4's, if i was doing CQB i would use a completely different build.

• LateNiteDelight
    1017 posts

@oatiecrumble I had put in an aside about those two, but apparently I cut more than I thought 🤷

Also makes sense if you run Concussion, for the extra HS damage. Otherwise though, W&H makes a marginally stronger build - if you get too deep in min/maxing like I'm wont to do..

• Oatiecrumble
    481 posts

@LateNiteDelight i have tried Walker & Harris and found Providence felt stronger, dunno why but when i went from 198% CHD too 200% CHD it felt like a massive boost in dps, maybe some in game threshold 😲

With Walker & Harris i cannot reach that level of CHC/CHD.

• LateNiteDelight
    1017 posts

@oatiecrumble weird, I can hit 60% CHC with just Ceska & Attributes & Gun thanks to the Watch.

5% WD + 5%DtA + 5%DtH seems to produce better results for me [on paper, and in play], but I don't use GC or Vigilance. Losing the Perfect Variants would be more than enough to nullify the boost I get from W&H.

• Metal_Greg
    119 posts

Negotiator's dilemma is probably the best all red gun build in the game. The fact that you can damage up to five enemies at the same time is just unparalleled and negates any more damage that you would be doing with any other gun build you could think of.

• Oatiecrumble
    481 posts
    @oatiecrumble weird, I can hit 60% CHC with just Ceska & Attributes & Gun thanks to the Watch.

5% WD + 5%DtA + 5%DtH seems to produce better results for me [on paper, and in play], but I don't use GC or Vigilance. Losing the Perfect Variants would be more than enough to nullify the boost I get from W&H.

Sorry i was meant to say 200% CHD only.....the 60% is easy.

Suggested Topics