Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Superfly_Boss
    Original poster 83 posts

Hey, guys. Is it just me or are the spears shrinking when they are on Eivor's back? I have noticed a similar glitch when you change Jomsviking loadout. The pointy end of the spear shrinks and it almost looks comical. They go back to being normal sized when they are being used.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Azhrei21
    46 posts

@superfly_boss It's EVERY weapon, even shields. But as you said it's really noticeable on a spear. I don't remember that happening in any other game and yes it looks completely dumb, but at least it's not game breaking or anything...

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1750 posts

Hello @Superfly_Boss,

Thanks for reaching out about weapon shrinking!

I just checked it for you and I can confirm that this is not a bug and it's working as intended 🙂

I hope it clarifies the situation and if you have any additional questions, please let us know!

Official Response
  • Azhrei21
    46 posts

@ubi-mark It's working as intended to shrink a spear half it's size and make it look like it's topped with an arrowhead instead of a spear tip when sheathed? lmao... >.>

• Superfly_Boss
    Original poster 83 posts

@azhrei21 Exactly. That is something I don't get either. It's like the tip of the spear got double shrinkage. This wasn't an issue with Odyssey or Origins.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts

Hey all,

I'll provide the official statement we have from the development team below with regard to weapon growth / shrinkage when unsheathed versus sheathed:

We can confirm that the weapon resizing is working as intended. Weapons becoming smaller as they're sheathed is done to help avoid major clipping issues during parkour, combat, and other common actions. As a result, this is not a feature that will be changed.

I hope that this helps clarify the perceived growth, and why this happens. I'm happy to pass forward any feedback you have on the visual elements of this process, however it is not something that is planned to be changed at present per the statement above. 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics