Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Xx9mmPreacherxX
    Original poster 2 posts

My Anno sandbox game has crashed 3 times today with a Direct X error. This has not happened to me before, is anyone experiencing the same and is the crew aware? Perhaps something I can do to fix on my end? TIA

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Nicholas_Steel
    69 posts

@xx9mmpreacherxx If you're playing in DirectX 12 mode, that's why (it's completely random when it'll occur during a game session). Switch to DirectX 11 mode and restart the game application.

• baraterek
    22 posts

@xx9mmpreacherxx
    For me it only crash when I keep game paused for more then couple minutes. It's like this since I remember and noone cares.
    I also send report via UConnect teach time it occurs but I'm unsure if someone is analyzing this data.
    Now, when I know that if break could take more then 5 min I just close the game instead of pausing it.

I also had a problem at the game premiere - I had to reduce GPU/CPU/Ram overclock since game was crashing.

• johnukguy
    3 posts

@baraterek It may be that your Ram timings/settings are off if overclocked. Are you running a Ryzen system?

• Asterix201252
    168 posts

@xx9mmpreacherxx
    One thing that I have noticed playing in DX12 rather than DX11 is that, if you leave the game alone and your Windows screen saver kicks in, the game crashes.
    Also with DX12, older NVIDIA cards (GTX1xxx and RTX2xxx) crash quite frequently. In fact, GTX1xxx might not even run at all. So, if this is the case for you, DX11 would probably be better.

• baraterek
    22 posts

@johnukguy
    Indeed it's Ryzen 3800x with x570 Mobo, but Ram is just on XMP profile (32GB 3200MHz) + RTX2080 (not overclocked)
    I don't have crashes during the game, just if game is paused for a longer time.

• johnukguy
    3 posts

@baraterek What are your temps like? Any sign of throttling? Also, even if the RAM is at XMP settings, it may be worth looking at things such as procodt, which is sometimes set higher than it needs to be in the BIOS and that can affect stability. I'd also definitely support those saying to avoid DirectX12. It's just way too buggy.

• baraterek
    22 posts

@johnukguy
    Temps are fine (Noctuna NH-D15 does great job) and I can do OCCT all day long same as 3DMark, Furmark or Unigine or Memtest.
    My memory is G.SKILL Trident Z 2x16GB CL14 and XMP settings are nothing for them.
    Also - I can play 3-4h no problem at all - only when I leave game paused for couple minutes it'll eventually crash.
    It was same when I had i5 4570k + GTX 1060 6GB, so I assume that there's a bug while game is paused.

• Asterix201252
    168 posts

@baraterek
    When you say it only crashes when the game is paused for a long time, this may be similar to what I have seen. When you say paused, do you mean that you have pressed P key (or whatever key binding you have). My crashes are when I press ESC and get the save/load/exit menu. This also causes the game to pause. I noticed that I got crashes if I left it for long enough for my screen saver to kick in (20 minutes), but maybe it's just that I am seeing exactly the same as you and it's just a long pause (maybe 30 minutes) that's causing it.

• baraterek
    22 posts

@asterix201252
    I mean "P" button, but probably "ESC" might be same thing since in background - pause is applied.
    It must be something with pause, since - as I wrote - I had it on Intel platform as well, and also before I bought RTX (so I had 3800x + 1060).
    I don't want to switch to DX11 since DX12 is faster, and because I pplay on 3840x1600px every FSP is valuable since I'm often way under 50FPS already.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1437 posts

Hello everyone, thank you for posting about this.

We are aware of error messages with DirectX, if you have been affected by this, would you be able to screenshot the exact message you receive?

At the moment we know some players who have played the game for some time, who then go to start a new campaign may be greeted with this error, but knowing that this can also happen when the game is paused for a time, is something we can pass onto the team.

If anyone could provide a screenshot of this DirectX error code message, that would be grand.

Before I ask anyone for their system files I would like to ask you to >

1.Make sure not to overclock your system and run your system at stock values, disabling any overclocking software whilst playing
    2.Swap between DirectX 11 and 12 in the game's settings, to test the stability of the game
    3.Run through all the steps in our troubleshooting guide >
    https://www.ubisoft.com/help?article=000061047

Official Response
  • kostya1926
    1 posts

Honestly speaking it's really trash. I had crashes when I used to play with Nvidia 1080 GTX, but today I have RTX 3080 Ti and this crash occures more frequntly, for example, in five minutes. Developers have not resolved this issue for year at all. It's pity because indeed Dx12 improves performance.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1010 posts

@kostya1926 Hello there.

Sorry to hear about these crashes you've been seeing, and how frequent they appear to be!

Following on from Ubi-Milky's post, would you be able to help us diagnose the problem by providing the following:

If anyone could provide a screenshot of this DirectX error code message, that would be grand.

Before I ask anyone for their system files I would like to ask you to >

1.Make sure not to overclock your system and run your system at stock values, disabling any overclocking software whilst playing
    2.Swap between DirectX 11 and 12 in the game's settings, to test the stability of the game
    3.Run through all the steps in our troubleshooting guide >
    https://www.ubisoft.com/help?article=000061047

Thank you!

Official Response

Suggested Topics