Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Fortyniners354
    Original poster 46 posts

I upgraded my Jomviking Hall to level 4. At first I was able to recruit some high-level Jomvikings. Then suddenly, all the Jomvikings in the hall became level 1. It's been that way for a few days now. What happened?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• azullFR
    1369 posts

@fortyniners354
    Usually, if you ring the bell, you should then find high level jomsvikings again
    Hope this helps a little 🙂

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1749 posts

Hello @Fortyniners354,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Have you tried the method provided by @azullfr, by any chance?

@azullFR - thank you for sharing! 🙂

Official Response
  • bielik01
    984 posts

@ubi-mark the difference in that is only other players' jomsvikings are Level 1. Refreshing the Hall will cause new auto-generated jomsvikings to appear, which will be higher than Level 1.
    I think it's worth reconsidering how this feature should work.
    Should refreshing the Hall result in appearing other players' jomsvikings or genereate new ones? (Other players' jomsvikings are only available upon arriving to Ravensthorpe, until the Hall is refreshed.)
    Should other players' jomsvikings stay on Level 1? If my lieutenant can level up, so can other lieutenants (I'm not saying they should level up after being recruited - that would be nice), but I think we should be able to recruit other players' jomsvikings according to their lieutenant level.
    But I guess the developers and architects didn't go so far, and information about player's lieutenant is not shared online - just stays in the player's local save.

• VegasHeart
    72 posts

@Ubi-Mark You should definitely put some attention into that and i explain why.
    After launching a game and visiting Jomsviking hall first time you can see players Jomsvikings there all lvl 1.After refreshing hall they change according to your hall upgrate lvl(mine is 4)but its not players Jomsvikings,its randomly generated mercenaries.In case if you have Ubisoft connect weekly challenge-hire others players Jomsvikings,when hiring any of them you cant complete this challegne,cuz progress stays into 0.You must hire only Jomsvikings which have player name under own name,only this way it works and all they are lvl 1.Any players Jomsvikings i met around England are lvl 1 and thats a problem.I usually hire them and then kick,cuz i dont need lvl 1 Jomsvikings and i never found players Jomsvikings with lvl higher then 1.That wasted silver,you know and need to be fixed.Hope you understand what i mentioned 🙂

• SpirantCrayon22
    637 posts

Some good points here. Should be checked over, the mechanisms for hiring these blokes and the payments for so doing.

To be honest, though, the only use for these guys that I've found is that hiring the one at the barracks is good for opal and any of them are useful for opening the big chests on river raids, not as if Eivor requires any assistance in dispatching armies by herself.

• Fortyniners354
    Original poster 46 posts

Ah, the bell. Thanks. Didn't know about that. Appreciate the responses.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 681 posts

Thanks for sharing your reports so far folks. I have passed these on to the team for further clarification on this.

Official Response
  • Kormac67
    821 posts

@ubi-orion It's nothing new though, it has been known to behave this way since the river raids launched.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1267 posts

I've asked for clarification on several topics further to my posts in this thread as you may be aware, @Kormac67 - as soon as I have any additional information to share, I'll be sure to do so.

For visibility in this thread, the topics I asked for clarification on are:

• Whether the extent of your Jomsviking's participation in the raids is what determines how quickly they will rank up, e.g. if they take out enemies on your behalf or help you with looting.
    • Whether recruitable Jomsvikings created by other players are always Rank 1 when hired, or if their rank can vary.
    • Whether the ranks of auto-generated Jomsvikings are limited to/by the upgrade level of your Jomsviking Hall.
    • Whether it is more likely that higher-rank auto-generated Jomsvikings will be appear if you have performed several updates to the Jomsviking Hall, but there aren't any higher-rank player-created Jomsvikings available at the time to populate the available selection.
    Official Response
  • JHandibode
    23 posts

Ubisoft,
    My friends jomsviking is level 5 now. Why is my friends jomsviking naned, "Yrr the Lawgivr". How do we get friends latest jomsviking level? Will friends jomsviking level 5 show up at jomsviking barracks? Or do I need to do something with friends lvl 1 jomsviking first?
    Stinks friends jomsviking doesn't update.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 829 posts

Hey @jhandibode

I have just merged your thread with this one and have chased up with the game team to see if we can get an answer about this. When we do, we will update this thread.

Official Response

Suggested Topics