Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• circatee
    Original poster 11 posts

I am searching for certain items, and thus using the map to play in those particular areas.
    While doing so, is there a way to do Matchmaking, BUT, for the particular area I am in?

Example, if I am looking for Kneepads, 'Foxes Prayer' in particular, I want to matchmake in the area on the map where Kneepads are listed. Thanks

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• dagrommit
    507 posts

@circatee no, there is not. However, try using "call for backup" instead. People who respond will generally follow you in whatever activity/zone you're running. It's a good idea to let them know what you're looking for, just in case they find it and don't need it.

• circatee
    Original poster 11 posts

@dagrommit ah, good point! Thanks.

• Noxious81
    305 posts

Or simply toggle your group's privacy settings to "open" – this way everyone searching for a group playing your current activity can join your group via matchmaking.

This way you can always choose the mission, area, difficulty, directives, and so on for your current session.

• N3mB0t
    266 posts

@noxious81

im pretty sure it doesnt work like that , the OP always need to engage in matchmaking or call for backup to have someone entering their session.

• Adrian-11
    572 posts

@noxious81

Where is this Privacy toggle? Thanks

• N3mB0t
    266 posts

@adrian-11

press social and above your name or to the right , same place where you press to leave the group or inspect someone, there is an option to set the group privacy , not at home now so i cant be precise about it.

• Noxious81
    305 posts

@n3mb0t

It does! That's exactly what an "open group" is meant for – your group is open to anyone searching for a group. If I had to actively engage in MM additionally to setting my group's status to "open", it would make this setting unnecessary, as I can also have my privacy set to "friends/clan" and have other random agents join my session after starting a MM search.

Fun "fact":
    I strongly believe that calling for backup originally was not intended to be used as a direct MM feature, but rather for
    a) downed agents to be able to be revived by agents answering their call in order to not lose their progress, and
    b) low-level agents to receive help from more experienced agents.
    That is also why often agents still playing the campaign get matched with agents already having accumulated loads of SHD levels.

In other worlds: calling for backup is all about bringing together low-level agents with agents on higher levels. And not about creating groups with agents that are roughly on the same level. The latter is rather what opening your group or actively engaging in MM does.

• Noxious81
    305 posts
    press social and above your name (...)

That's where it is! Not your name/gamertag, but the headline row at the top. Click it and the privacy settings will open.

• Adrian-11
    572 posts
  • N3mB0t
    266 posts

@noxious81

you are slightly wrong .

open group means that any agent that can see you in a safe place, hence name being in the social list ,can join your session WITHOUT an invite , friends and clan means that only friends or clan members can do the same , closed is pretty self explanatory but you can still have anyone you want in your group on a closed session as long as they are invited.

now , none of this states means that an agent will join you via matchmaking , that only happens if YOU matchmake for that activity , only then will someone who is also matchmaking join you or you join him if matchmake sends the invite to his session.

you can have a closed group and matchmake , lets say for a mission , and still have people join you or get invites to join someone else , same as it would happen with a open group.

TLDR , group preferences have no influence in matchmaking.

hope this was clear enough , not sure i expressed it well.

• Adrian-11
    572 posts

Asking about the privacy toggle because the Golden Bullet created a new kind of behavior in group play (which otherwise I enjoy a lot): everybody rushes forward to get the golden bullet buff, regardless of any tactical consideration, or even self preservation. I'm not innocent, got caught in the fever too. Because of this almost mindless rush, you can't even focus on the challenges, so the return is stars is very modest. Also had a few group wipes (which annoyed me a lot, for some reason), which hasn't happened in months!
    Star-farming went so much better and faster when I switched to solo.
    So, I'm thinking to "force" some solo play for myself during the golden bullet.

• Noxious81
    305 posts
    @noxious81

you are slightly wrong . (...)

TLDR , group preferences have no influence in matchmaking. (...)

Hum, so this really isn't clear to me. Not because of what you wrote, that was well written ;).

So I once changed my setting to an open group because we thought that might fix a problem we had with no agents joining a discovery raid (it didn't fix this issue btw). Afterwards I forgot to switch the setting back to friends and clan members only. So I started playing with only one clan mate like we usually do (so without activating matchmaking in any way) and all of the sudden an agent whom we both didn't now joined our group while roaming the open world. We didn't call for backup, we did not search for other players, he seemingly just joined our session. So I immediately thought about the privacy settings, changed them, and this never happened again.

• N3mB0t
    266 posts

@noxious81

yes that can happen , if you are in a public area where other agents can see you they can also join your group , open group is precisely that , it just doesnt matchmake anything , people who get in do it via social menu and your profile options.

• SuspiciousPixel
    44 posts

@circatee I was thinking about this a few months ago and wondered how it compared to Division 1's matchmaking in certain Districts where I'd always find players.

Maybe it's the games low playerbase or maybe the devs haven't filtered matchmaking for districts is the reason why I don't find players if I want to play missions, open world activities, bounties in Downtown East only if I search for players in a SafeHouse in that district for example.

• Noxious81
    305 posts
    (...) people who get in do it via social menu and your profile options.

Hum, ok. But how could they see me or my profile while we were in the open world, far far away from any public area? And the agent joining us was a complete stranger to the both of us? Strange... But I think this doesn't matter too much after all... and in case this question will linger on in my head, I can simply try it once more while farming the OW with the Golden Bullet 😉

• Dont...
    3 posts

@circatee

option 1:matchmake for open world exploration. press m, select matchmaking and then open world exploration. downside is you can get invited instead of people joining you.

option 2: as stated before by others, set to open group, that way people that are matchmaking for open world exploration or random activities can join you whenever and wherever you are. this is how i do it for cp4s

open group is also useful when already in a mission but matchmaking is not allowed (usually before a boss fight or certain checkpoints). we've had people joing us when we were about to kill the boss in legendary missions.

Suggested Topics