Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DefiledDragon
    Original poster 6 posts

2 years on from release and multiple dlc's later.

Nice.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1823 posts

Hello @defileddragon,

Sorry to hear that your game keeps crashing.

Can you please provide us with more details regarding those crashes including your full PC specs against your in-game settings, so we can have a look?

Additionally, as you mentioned driver crash, can you confirm which exact driver version are you using? Have you tried changing the driver (updating or downgrading)?

Official Response
  • lennestal
    11 posts

Still getting the same freezing-into-crashes I've been having since release day. I've given the game a shot after every patch since without any noticeable improvement. AC Valhalla is the only game that does this. And seeing as I've been on like 10 different display drivers it's not a drivers issue...

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 809 posts

@lennestal

Hey there.

I'm sorry to hear about this.

If you haven't already done so please open a support case with us and provide your system files so we can investigate further and try to pin down exactly what's causing this to occur. Please ensure you have also attempted every step suggested here as well.

You can reach us either through the support website by opening  a live chat session or alternatively through our social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter and they will be able to create a support case for you.

After you've opened the case if I can also ask you to attach two system reports to the case that will assist us in identifying any potential cause. The reports we need from you are:

MSInfo
    DxDiag

Thanks.

Official Response
  • DefiledDragon
    Original poster 6 posts

@ubi-mark

Ok, give this a try. Get the engine team to contact nVidia and give them a list of all the calls they make to the driver and ask them if anything they're doing might cause issues. You never know, nVidia just might say "yeah, stop doing this like that because you'll crash the driver".

It's obviously an issue with the iteration of the engine in Valhalla. No other AC (or any other) game crashes my display driver unless I invoke known issues with it, like the gameworks volumetric smoke in Arkham Knight, or the gameworks volumetric fog in FarCry 4. This is clearly an engine/driver issue, not a consumer issue.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts

Thank you for your response, @defileddragon.

In order to investigate the crashes and performance issues that you are experiencing further with you, we will need you to complete our PC troubleshooting, as well as provide the information previously requested by my colleague @Ubi-Mark:

• Full PC specifications (including CPU, GPU, RAM and Storage)
    • Screenshot of your in-game graphics settings
    • Confirmation of the NVIDIA driver you are using
    • Copies of your MSINFO and DXDIAG files for analysis

We'll be happy to assist further once we have received the requested confirmation that the troubleshooting has been performed, as well as the requested details. Thank you. 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics