Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• QuakeBeard
    Original poster 2 posts

Hello,

I'm trying to pre-purchase Far Cry6 but the Ubisoft Connect service will not process any transactions. The checkout screen just keeps resetting to the payment options or gives me some weird error about taxes. None of my credit cards show any sign of an attempted charge. So far I've tried:

• 4 different credit cards (all current with plenty of available credit)
    • purchasing Wallet funds; just does the same endless transaction loop
    • Tried the help/support messaging service, it just hiccups and loops back without sending anything
    • reinstalled Ubisoft Connect; nothing changed

What am I missing? I'd prefer not to use the key reseller sites and try to get the game that way, but at this point I don't know what other options I have. Of all the things to have buggy in a game service, the means to bring revenue into the company seems like a pretty significant flaw in design.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Hawkn.
    1 posts

@quakebeard Same here! What the heck

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1102 posts

Hi there, sorry you two are running into the same issue with your purchase. Have you also tried your purchase on the Ubisoft Store webpage? If you continue to receive the same transaction loop, I recommend trying our browser troubleshooting steps to see if this may remedy the issue during the Checkout process. I would also ensure that all information matches the card that is used. If the problem persists, please create a support ticket here so our Store Support Team can take a closer look over this with you. You may also reach out to us through private message on your Facebook and Twitter Support page.

Official Response
  • QuakeBeard
    Original poster 2 posts

@ubi-smash Went to the Ubisoft Store webpage you linked to. Transaction went through on the 1'st attempt. Will use webstore for future purchases instead of Ubisoft Connect. Thank you.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1102 posts

@quakebeard No problem! Happy to hear the Store page worked for you! Sorry for the issue earlier, but if you need any assistance with anything else, please feel free to reach back to us here. 🙂

Official Response
  • archsh3riff
    72 posts

I have same problem, launcher, browser, nothing works .. nothing has changed for me, yet ubisoft is claiming i am in different country than i am set in .. but which country, i dont know .. in the setting its all the same, same country etc .. blah blah blah .. its stupid system.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1370 posts

Hey @archsh3riff ,

Sorry to see you're also having trouble with purchasing content via the Store!

As you've already attempted some troubleshooting, could you please send us a direct message via our Support Site or Facebook / Twitter so we can take a closer look into this?

Thank you!

Official Response
  • reanakhan
    3 posts
    Banned
    This post is deleted!
  • BreakingUFO
    6 posts

Hi, I can't purchase anything from the PC store. This is started after launching current discounts.
    Previously I purchased a lot of games with the same payment method with no issues.

I know this kind of problems should be solved through support and I already contacted to the support and did all what they adviced. Including:

1. Tried to purchase from different device.
    2. Tried to purchase from different browsers and ubisoft connect application.
    3. Waited 48 hours before new attempt to make a purchase.
    4. Tried different credit card.
    5. Tried to remove and renew billing adress.

Support said that they can't help. They just told me to make purchase from another store. But I like the official store for great discounts, rewards and ubisoft units system. Issue case just disappeared from my support page.

There are the things I already checked:

1. I have needed amount of money on my cards.
    2. Cards are working properly, just did purchase from Steam with local currency with no issues.
    3. Yes my location where I am is the same with my ubisoft accout location. My credit card also issued from this location. I'm making purchase from local store front.
    4. My billing adress is correct.

Probably there will be no help too, just wanted to give another try to know what is the reason of the problem. Seems support guys can only give basic answers and adivces rather than investigate the reason.

• BreakingUFO
    6 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1370 posts

Hey there guys,

Thanks for your updates, for us to be able to take a closer look into your purchasing issues, could you please contact us directly so we can discuss this further?

Support Site or Facebook / Twitter

Thank you!

Official Response
  • BreakingUFO
    6 posts

@ubi-theberry No thanks, I already contacted directly and wrote the result above. I'm posting here because support didn't helped to resolve the issue, they just giving basic advices. They deleted our conversation. It's not even showing in my "closed cases" list.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1359 posts

Hello breakingufo thank you for the follow-up on this.

I have looked through your cases to see what was advised, I am afraid there is no more troubleshooting we can give you to fix this option, other than use another payment method specific to your region or to use another retailer as advised.

Some players will experience issues with payment, due to the payment method, their regional location, and who they bank with. When all troubleshooting is exhausted, you may need to reach out to your bank for further help, my apologies we could not provide a solution for you, for this particular payment issue.

Official Response
  • Keszeg.
    2 posts

Hi there,
    I literally had the same issue BreakingUFO had, tried every possible solutions, and the reaction from support was the same basic advice that i already told them they didnt worked. This happened during the black friday sales and now again in the holiday sales. I realize you say that there are no more troubleshooting options, but my main concern is that as soon as the black friday sales were over the NEXT day i would have been able to purchase my product and now that there are sales again it wont work anymore. This is really fishy in my opinion. I suppose this cant be helped, but it is painful and laughable to see that this is the only store where i cant make a purchase especially during the biggest sales.

• nezroj
    1 posts

Been having the same issue,been trying to get Farcry 6 for the past week, ironically I went on a whim and tried buying it without using the HELLO22 code. Order confirmed straight away, so well done Ubisoft on giving out discount codes that don't even work, what a company.

• Ubi-Dino
    Ubisoft Support Staff 67 posts

Howdy!

@nezroj & @Keszeg - I'm sorry to see you both were having a similar issue while in the store. By chance were either of you trying to combine the sales/discount codes with the Ubisoft Connect 20% off promo code (where you spend your units to redeem it) as well?

Official Response
  • kat_sidhe
    1 posts

I am also running into this problem. 2 different credit cards and PayPal. If it's the sale and discount code that's really shady!
    Considering there's no way to contact ubi outside of social media or these forums it's really stressful.
    I just want to buy immortals fenyx rising gold edition.

• Ubi-Dino
    Ubisoft Support Staff 67 posts

Hi there @kat_sidhe,

Are you referring to the sale and the "HELLO22" code as well? I also wanted to let you know, you can contact us on our support page as well if you'd prefer to use that in the future.

Official Response
  • Keszeg.
    2 posts

@ubi-dino To answer your question, at first i used the hello22 code, then tried it without any code and at last i used 100 ubisoft coin, wich not only that it did not helped my purchase, but also i lost that 100 aswell, i never got them back after the failed attempt. I tried these in several different days but still no change. Im not desperate though, so if this wont change in the next few days i am gonna buy the product on another site but it would be nice if the ubisoft store would work properly.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 720 posts

Hey @Keszeg, if you have lost your 100 Club Units and were unable to use it as a discount on either of your purchases, we will gladly look at the possibility of refunding it for you, however as it's a matter that will involve discussing account related details, I would like to ask you to get through to us via one of the channels below, based on your personal preference:

1. Support website
    2. Facebook
    3. Twitter

Hope you have lovely holidays and should you have any queries in the future, feel free to reach out at any time! 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics