ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• PrinnerX
    Original poster 1 posts

First of all I LOVE that you guys brought back the superharbour construction options from a previous anno (I loved constructing a custom harbour). HOWEVER...none of the modules from the Docklands main wharf count toward the "Shopping Centre" mission in Trelawney; any module like depots, Harbourmaster's Office and piers need to be constructed in the PREVIOUS way via the 3rd population tier. I doubt this was intended as the NEW harbour construction is much better than the old way but building a new one AND an old one side by side simply to accomplish this "main" mission is superfluous if all you do afterwards is tear down the OLD buildings because the new buildings are more efficient AND at a smaller footprint to boot.

So in effect you build these buildings once and immediately upon completion tear them all down again.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Asterix201252
    274 posts

@prinnerx
    I agree, any sort of depot etc should satisfy the quest objective. There was a similar one where you have to have a Public Mooring, and they changed that recently to be either a Public or a Tourist Mooring. They should do the same with the harbour buildings, though it was probably easier for the Moorings because one is an upgrade to the other.

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 934 posts

Hey guys,

Sorry to hear you encounter this.

Would it be at all possible to share with us an image or even better a link to a video so we can see exactly what is happening?

Many thanks,

Official Response
  • Asterix201252
    274 posts

@ubi-wheelyduck
    Unfortunately, not from me. This only happens when the relevant quest is active, and from my point of view this was a week or two ago.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2605 posts

No worries asterix201252, thanks for contributing anyway.

We will wait to see if any other players are affected by this and can provide a video clip and their sav file, of how the harbor districts are not functioning for Trewlaney missions, before we can report on this further.

Official Response
  • Asterix201252
    274 posts

@ubi-milky
    I actually decided to re-build Cape Trelawney because I had taken the new High Life DLC as far as I could with the city layout that I had, and have just encountered this quest again.Video attached. You can see that as I add the modules to the Docklands, they do not register as progress against the Quest, whereas when I add old style buildings from the Harbour menu, the quest completes.

• Asterix201252
    274 posts

@ubi-milky
    This is the quest which was changed to allow old style (Public Mooring) or new style (Tourist Mooring). It doesn't make sense that one quest allows new or old, whereas the other only allows old style.
    undefined

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2366 posts

@asterix201252 Thank you very much for the video and image, these are most useful. Would you also be able to create a support ticket and upload your save files?

You can find the save game locations here.

You can find our contact options here.

Once done please reply back here with your case number.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • Asterix201252
    274 posts

@ubi-viral
    Hi. I have isolated the relevant save files for you, and started raising a ticket. However, when I went to attach the files I got a message saying that I can't attach files of this type (.a7s). Have you any suggestions? I would prefer not to put them on an open forum.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2460 posts

Thanks for sorting out your save files for us, @asterix201252 🙂 Please put it in a .zip file, and you should be able to upload it to your ticket that way. Here's Microsoft's guide on how to zip files in Windows.

Let me know if you run into problems with that 😎

Official Response
  • Asterix201252
    274 posts

@ubi-thrupney
    Sorry I didn't get back earlier, I was busy today.
    Chat seems to be down at the moment, I'll try again later. Zip seems to have worked fine.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

@asterix201252 Are you getting any specific errors when you attempt to upload those files? Or does the entire support site appear to be down?

Official Response
  • Asterix201252
    274 posts

@ubistorm There is a small font red type message at below the buttons that says that chat is unavailable and the Start Chat button is greyed out. It is still like that now.
    This happens even before I try to attach files or add text.

• Asterix201252
    274 posts

@ubistorm
    Chat's back up now.

Ticket number 15443600 

Old Style depot shows the example of the Depots etc attached to the Docklands not satisfying the needs of the Quest.
    Autosave 254 shows the choice between Tourist and Public Moorings being offered.

Please note that I am not complaining about the choice between moorings. I merely added that to show the inconsistency that the choice of old or new style buildings is available on that quest but not on the Shopping Centre quest.

Hope you can make sense of it.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2460 posts

Thanks for uploading your saves and coming back with the case number, @asterix201252 - I really appreciate all your help. I've sent your full report across to our team now to investigate further internally.

Let me know if you run into any further issues at all 😎

Official Response

Suggested Topics