Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 761 posts

I usually play Challenging but have to ratchet it back to Hard to deal with the Hunters. Although I found an effective strategy to deal with the two at the top of the Summit that might work on harder difficulty…

After getting my [censored] handed to me multiple times, I tried running into the observation room to trigger their spawn and then retreating back out to the hallway and teased them from there. None of their skills could reach me and only one came into the hallway after me, allowing me to finish him one-on-one. Then I could confront the other one-on-one as well. Worked great.

I used my HF, Zero Fs, Momento, Shield, Scorpio build that you guys recommended for me to use to survive the DZ and it worked well against these guys too.

What strategies have you guys employed?

ps. I now have to find two more to finish Ridgeways Pride… can I do the Schaffer mission hunter twice? Will that work? I’ve done all the other Hunters and I don’t want to replay 100 floors of the Summit anytime soon. I find it gets too repetitive.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Tobi_Continued
    1 posts

@virtual-chris You can join a lobby of a friend, which didn't do the hunters, and kill them again there. That counts too.

• Chunkie__Monkie
    35 posts

@virtual-chris Join a matchmaking session on summit hopefully you leave them on a higher floor level example join them on floor 67 leave them floor 70 then when you go on your own single player mode your floor level will be what you last had when you left IE floor 70. If you want to get to those 2 Hunters quick just join a Legendary group as most are usually high up the building

• Imagine_Brata
    238 posts

I have floor 100 if u use pc

• Virtual-Chris

Thanks guys, but I prefer playing solo. Does anyone know if the Schaefer mission hunter counts towards the Ridgeway Pride?

I'm also curious what tactics you use against the Hunters in the Summit?

• dagrommit
    789 posts
    Does anyone know if the Schaefer mission hunter counts towards the Ridgeway Pride?

Yes

I'm also curious what tactics you use against the Hunters in the Summit?

Basically the same as yours. Use a rifle to plink at them from cover, drop shock traps in the doorway to slow them down, and use Scorpio when they get up close and personal.

• Rodnaz
    70 posts

@dagrommit

My first time I used shock traps & finished them off with a turret & rifle. For the Ridgeway (sp) I tried the same but there was no cover at all past the entrance. There is a short counter thing but other than that it was wide open. As soon as the first hunter come thru the door I got hit with black slime & instant death.
    I've forgot exactly but I thought it was mentioned to switch the Coney Island to Shaffer but there was not an option.
    Not a big deal, maybe I'll finish it one day.

• dagrommit
    789 posts
    There is a short counter thing but other than that it was wide open

You may need to roll out of there if they fire a sticky bomb, but that's all the cover you need. Also, a turret is generally a bad idea as they will hack it and turn it against you. I find a healing skill is more useful.

• Rodnaz
    70 posts

@dagrommit

Ok good, will do

• Chunkie__Monkie
    35 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Chunkie__Monkie
    35 posts

@virtual-chris you only have to join via matchmaking and leave strait away then your floor level will be what you joined And yes im sure any Hunter counts for the Ridgeway but only after you have started the project. any Hunters you did before you start project wont count

All I did to kill them on floor 100 shock trap at entrance for 1st one pummel with either Scorpio or other hard hitting Shotgun then for the 2nd I took it to him went out into room using EB and the named Shotgun Mop shock traps and nades didn't take long got him in shock trap and let 2 mags from EB into him from about 40 yds

• Virtual-Chris

@chunkie__monkie

Thanks. That’s a possible idea on how to advance the Summit without actually playing in a group I guess. Your strategy sounds similar to mine. 😊

Suggested Topics