ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Oatiecrumble
    Original poster 440 posts

Platform: Xbox Series X
    Connection: Wired
    T.V: LG C1 with Dolby Vision ON - AMD Freesync Premium OFF - VRR ON (HDMI 2.1)

Never noticed this before but since TU13.2 there seems to be some really horrible reflections in the game, windows on buildings changing from mirrored windows to pixelated windows, the only way i can describe it is they look like their is billions of ants moving with a watery effect, this is mainly happening in the open world.

It's also happening on other parts of the game, flickering shadows on equipped weapons, flickering door frames.

I did do a video but the quality was not good enough, it seems Xbox has problems taking good quality videos/pictures that are shareable.

Sorry these are not the best quality, blame Xbox not me 😳

Short video, you will see that when i move to the right and aim at the building it looks ok but when i move to the left a bit and look at the building you will see what i mean.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/oatiecrumble/video/144138766

Also some screen shots:

Sorry about the quality, it's hard to show it unless you are in the game as it looks comeplety different.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2118 posts

Hey @Oatiecrumble, thanks for bringing this to my attention; I appreciate it! I understand you provided a clip earlier, but I am afraid that it is no longer viewable. Could you please try uploading it again for me? You have the option of directly uploading the clip to a linked Twitter or YouTube account. Alternatively, if you would prefer, you can transfer the video to your PC using a USB drive and then send it to us another way, such as through a file-sharing site like Google Drive or Dropbox.

Also, does this occur at a specific area of the map, or is it just most buildings?

If anyone else has noticed this, please let me know and also let me know what platform you are playing on.

Official Response
  • Oatiecrumble

@ubi-gizmo

Sorry dunno why but i deleted it, here is a new one, best played on full screen to notice the effects:

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/oatiecrumble/video/144338130

Again sorry for the resolution, xbox ain't the best for uploading videos.

p.s This happens on all mirrowed windows....the ant effect always happens on most shaded areas.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

@oatiecrumble Thank you so much for that! However, I'm still unable to view that video. Would it be possible to post it to YouTube as an unlisted video instead? Would you also give our basic troubleshooting steps for Xbox Series X/S: (https://support.ubisoft.com/en-US/Article/000080996) a try to see if this smooths things over for you?

Official Response
  • Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2211 posts

@oatiecrumble Thanks for the video. I'll forward this on to the game team to report it.

Official Response
  • Oatiecrumble

Thanks @Ubi-Froggard

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5617 posts

You're welcome, @Oatiecrumble!

Any future updates will be shared within the News & Announcements forum, so I recommend checking this place out regularly.

If you encounter any further trouble, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Oatiecrumble

@Ubi-Borealis @Ubi-Froggard @Ubi-Gizmo @UbiStorm

Another graphical problem that occures randomly:

😕

• lolol934
    15 posts

@oatiecrumble
    They are called screen space reflections. That is the way how they work, they're reflecting the rendered image. If a object like the other building moves out of the screen space in this case behind another object, it cannot be reflected anymore.

The second video shows a light shaft, the resolution obviously isn't great, but that's normal.

I know what you mean with your moving ants, it's similiar to noise on a camera sensor.
    On PC at least "The Division 2" uses TAA (temporal anti aliasing) to blur that noise, if you turn TAA off in the config file it will look the same, I don't know which setting the console uses. Maybe they turned it down or included the wrong settings in the latest Division patch.

• lolol934
    15 posts

Here you go, just normal behaviour. (This is on pc btw.)

• UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 909 posts

Hey there, Agents! I am sorry that you are encountering more graphical issues @Oatiecrumble and I appreciate the tip @lolol934. I will add you new video to the investigation about this. I appreciate your continued patience!

Official Response
  • lolol934
    15 posts

@ubisushivamp
    It isn't a problem. That's just normal, that's how Division 2 looks. No need to report something here.
    Really appreciate the attention on this, but there are a lot of other things that still need fixing. I mean like real bugs.

• Oatiecrumble
    @ubisushivamp
    It isn't a problem. That's just normal, that's how Division 2 looks. No need to report something here.

I'm not 100% sure about that, been playing since launch and have never seen it before in game, only started recently......and i have a very eagle eye for detail as i have always loved how detailed this game is.

Maybe it's my t.v because it a much better one than i had before and it's picking up things more than my old monitor:

Old monitor: BenQ 27inch 4K
    New T.V: LG C1 48inch with Dolby Vision ON - AMD Freesync Premium OFF - VRR ON (HDMI 2.1)

But if it is that's still no excuse imo.....games need to adapt to new technology.

• lolol934
    15 posts

@oatiecrumble

I've been playing since the alpha.
    I'm 100% sure, but I don't want to undermine you, at least from my side there is nothing to report. I just wanted to add something to the conversions in terms of comparison to pc gaming. It is 1080p and you can clearly see the noise, but like I said before, that's how division looks.
    I can downsample from 1440p or even 2160p and it's less recognizable due to the resize process of the picture.

Also YouTube does a great job choping all these details away in a moving picture because of the compression in the encoding process.

And you already mentioned your problem. You switched from a small 27" monitor to a 48" tv screen and I don't think the consoles can output native 4k while running division. Its using taa (temporal anti aliasing) to reconstrunct the image up to 4k, but rendering it internally at a much lower resolution. So stuff like this noise becomes more and more visible on a big screen.

Additionally my view for the light shaft, it isn't the same sun angle.
    But probably close enough.

(again nothing to report here from my side)

• Oatiecrumble

Just some info:

I run the game at:

• 4K (I believe that the Xbox runs native 4k at 3840 x 2160 but i think the PS5 runs at a lower res)
    • 3840 x 2160
    • 120fps (not that it matters as i believe it's capped at 60fps for consoles)

I know about the Youtube compression and how it messes with videos, the video i posted doesn't really show it well and that clip was just a small sample, i have seen much worse but i don't fancy taking clips all day, well not on Xbox anyway (PITA)

Just for info, ALL other games work perfectly, no graphical issues at all......zero.....nada.

Maybe it is the new t.v i dunno but it's annoying, especially considering it does not happen with other games.

If it was a cheap t.v maybe but it's probably if not the best t.v out there for consoles.

I dunno, i do try and ignore it but because i know it's there i look out for it....Damm OCD

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5617 posts

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback regarding the graphical issues that @Oatiecrumble has encountered, @lolol934. It's interesting to hear about your own experience whilst playing "The Division," especially regarding the graphics.

I'd like to assure @Oatiecrumble that your video has been passed along for a closer look by the development team. If we require any additional information from you, we will reach out within this thread. In the meantime, please keep an eye out for any future updates within the News & Announcements forum, or on our official platforms.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Oatiecrumble

@Ubi-Borealis @Ubi-Froggard @Ubi-Gizmo @UbiStorm @UbiSushiVamp

Another graphical issue i encounter a lot, if you look at the balconies you will see them flickering:

NOTE: BEST TO WATCH VIDEOS IN FULLSCREEN

Also graphical issues on random NPC's hair:

Not graphic related but also since TU13.2 i have been getting some serious lag spikes that last for ages, only real way to stop it is to quit out of the game and log back in.

I have done all the necessary stuff like hard re-boot with the xbox, un-plugged my router etc etc.

This also only happens with TD, all my other games work just fine.

Suggested Topics