ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6075 posts

Hello there!

Thank you for continuing to share your reports with us regarding "Reda's Best Friend," and for letting us know if the challenge is tracking as intended for you or not. I'd like to assure you all that the development team have been notified of this issue, and that they are currently investigating further. I've passed on all the reports and additional images/videos that have been shared with us within this thread so they can take a closer look at these as part of the ongoing investigation.

We don't yet have any updates to share with you all regarding "Reda's Best Friend." As soon as we have any new information available to share with you, we will let you know within this thread or within the News & Announcements forum.

Additionally, I've noticed that several of you have reported issues with some of Reda's quests automatically completing after they have been accepted. We have a separate ongoing Megathread for this issue. If you have noticed that Reda's quests are completing automatically after they have been accepted, please can you share your report in the linked Megathread so we can investigate this separately to "Reda's Best Friend."

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • the_real_dna
    27 posts

@ubi-borealis thanks for the update. What about the time-limited reward? This weekly challenge is the Pharaoh's Horse mount, which is the horse from AC Origins. For those of us who like to collect all the weapons/armor/mounts, what are you going to do for all the people who cant complete the challenge because of this bug?!? So it needs to be addressed fast before the time expires.. and through no fault of their own, many players will miss out on it simply because the game (or Ubisoft Connect) is broken right now

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @the_real_dna!

The development team are aware of the time-limited nature of this challenge, and how this issue is preventing some players from successfully redeeming the Pharaoh's Horse within the time limit. Once more information becomes available about this challenge and the availability of this reward, we will let you know within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • ninjasan10
    43 posts

@ubi-keo hey Keo sorry I cant do any videos all I can say is I do these Reda's quest and Ive done them since the challenge was released and like many others it says 0 out of 5 and Ive done all the other challenges.

• OlmerGrey
    63 posts

Well, I actually got opposite problem to this topic: was able able to fill up quest bar and claim the reward, yet still no "Pharaoh's Horse" appear at stables.

Tried relaunch the game and Uplay as a whole - no result.

Haven't found any separate report on that subject, so I stick mine here.

• Wesly17
    6 posts

I'm experiencing the same problem, I've completed all of Reda's daily quests but in Ubisoft Connect the count remains 0/5. As a day 1 fan I assume that Ubisoft will find an appropriate solution for this to meet the fans if the quest expires and players have not received anything.

• Valkyreeee
    65 posts

Getting the same problem. I've done all my dailies since this quest appeared but it's not progressing. I still get my Opals and all that but the challenge still shows 0/5.

• ZKG0007
    17 posts

same thing happens to me 3 days does not count the challenge ohhhhhh Ubisoft

• TBone706
    1 posts

Complete 5 Rede daily quests for the Pharo's Horse in the weekly challenge.
    I've completed 7 since challenge was released and my count is still sitting at 0.

• the_real_dna
    27 posts

@everyone -- For the first time, today I was able to get the daily Reda quests to properly register in Ubisoft Connect for the Weekly Challenge "Reda's Best Friend" .. I'm not 100% sure which change I made is responsible for it working, but I can share with you what I did:

1. Loaded an old save from a completely different play-through.. (181h, 406 Power, 228 mastery pts, and was previously 100% completion prior to Druids and Paris DLCs being released)
    2. Upon loading, a ton of items were added to my inventory, items that are attached to my account (previous Connect challenge rewards, helix purchases, etc) .. maybe this helped establish a "link" from UC to my gameplay
    3. Went to Reda, accepted both daily quests
    4. Completed the first one (predator, near Ravensthorpe), and immediately after confirming the kill, when the completion notification was on the screen, I created a new manual save. I went back into the game world for a few seconds, then back to pause menu and loaded that new save.
    5. Fast traveled close to the next daily quest (assassination, Ledecestrescire, south of Repton). Confirmed kill, then made and loaded another new manual save, just as described above)
    6. Fast traveled back to Ravensthorpe, talked to Reda again, asked to see his contracts, confirmed there were none, exited the conversation
    7. I opened the in-game Ubisoft Connect overlay for the first time since before I even accepted the 2 quests. I saw that both had registered.

This is obviously very detailed, and most of the details are probably useless and have no impact whatsoever. But I figured that it would be better to include every detail, just in case. I will now go back to my current game/play-through and keep playing that as I have been for the past few months.

Tomorrow, however, I will load up the same older play-through and repeat the daily quests just as I described here, and hopefully they will again be registered.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2941 posts

Hello @tbone706,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Can you please provide us with a short video of this occurring, so we can investigate it further for you? If, by any chance, you're referring to Reda's best friend community challenge, we have a separate megathread for this issue that is currently being investigated.

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know!

Official Response
  • Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2941 posts

Hello @ninjasan10, @OlmerGrey, @Wesly17, @Nozgame, @ZKG0007 and @the_real_dna!

Thank you for your continuous updates on this thread. I can see that this issue is still being investigated and as soon as we have an update on this, we will let everyone know through this thread.

Thank you for your patience and apologies for any inconvenience caused by this.

Official Response
  • GLADI8ORDUDE.
    111 posts

@the_real_dna WOW! I followed these steps that you listed above it looks like it working for me too. The only thing different is since I saved on all 20 manual save files in-game. I saved it on top of an older one that I was no longer using. Thanks some much for these steps!

• the_real_dna
    27 posts

so.. i tried to repeat this today, but I instead used yet another old save from a different play-through, that hadnt been played in a while.. but not nearly as old as the one from yesterday. Long story short, I did the 2 daily quests from Reda, in the same sequence I posted, checked the overlay after the 2, and neither of them registered. So.... big [censored] fail there. That means I have only one more day to get this right.. GG

I switched back to the save-game from yesterday, did the last Reda quest (the weekly, 20 opal) .. same sequence as yesterday, and poof! just like that, it worked again.

So what does this mean? It means that some save-games/playthroughs work, and some do not.. likely depending on when the new game was started (i.e. which game version), which game updates has it gone through, and/or which choices/decisions/quests/storylines/arcs/etc/etc you made along the way. I can't come to any other conclusion. Ive now tried this on 3 save files that have completely separate lineage.. the only one that works is the one that was created as a new game long before the release of Druids and Paris DLCs (likely v1.1.1 or 1.1.2, and not played again until 1.3.0)

Take that for what you will. I hope you all get this worked out.. pretty frustrating, I feel like lately im in too many support/bug-report threads trying to resolve issues with the game. I seemed to always avoid the bugs early on after release, but my luck has ended and theyre now popping up all over

• Omninow
    3 posts

@gladi8ordude How did you get "older" contracts? I seem to only be able to get the daily requests and once completed are no longer available. I've been frustrated because I can't complete this challenge.

• Omninow
    3 posts

@ubi-smash I'm still having the same issue of not being able to make any progress for this challenge, although I have completed Reda's requests daily. I've tried to make the video clips, but apparently clicked something wrong and couldn't get it. I get credit with the opals on completion but nothing shows for the tally towards the challenge. I tried the work around with saving after each completion and still no count registered in the challenge. I'm showing my current version is 1.3.1 so apparently that has not resolved the issue... for me, anyway.

• Banshstar
    11 posts

I just saw this post and went on to get the challenge done and I got 1/5 after first job. Im on PC

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

@GLADI8ORDUDE - Thanks for sharing an update with us! I'm glad to hear that @the_real_dna's steps have helped you to get Reda's daily quests to register correctly. Can you let us know if this has allowed you to complete the challenge successfully?

@the_real_dna - Thank you for providing us with some more information regarding your experience with "Reda's Best Friend." We're aware that this issue doesn't seem to affect all players, though we would be unable to speculate on the cause. We've forwarded all of the reports that have been shared with us within this thread to the development team to see if these can assist in identifying what could be causing the issue.

@Omninow - I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered trouble whilst completing contracts as part of "Reda's Best Friend." Thank you for taking the time to share your report with us. I've passed this along to the development team as part of the ongoing investigation. I've also reached out to them to see if we can get any updates to share about this challenge, and the availability of the reward should the time run out before it can be redeemed. Once we have any further details to share, we will let you know within this thread.

@Banshstar - Just to confirm, have you only completed one contract from Reda? If so, it sounds like your tracker is updating as intended. With each contract you complete, the tracker should increase until you complete the required 5 contracts.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Banshstar
    11 posts

I couldnt edit my last entry because 10 minutes passed since I posted(lol?).

But I got 3/5 now for pc. Just waiting for more missions from Reda. Really dark kid by the way. Little kid handing out kill contracts.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for the update, @Banshstar! I'm glad to hear that your contracts are tracking correctly. Not many more until the reward is yours to claim! 😄

There should be some more contracts available following the daily reset later today, so I'd recommend checking back later.

Official Response

Suggested Topics