Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• longjohn119
    Original poster 769 posts

I'm all the way through the Quest lines through Lunden and so far I've only found 2 pieces of Fabric making it impossible to upgrade my arrows or health and it's getting kind of annoying especially with the arrows that are way too limited to begin with

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• TheNorfolkian
    600 posts

@longjohn119 I recently started finding more fabric out in the world in random chests, despite already having fully upgraded my quiver and rations.

• azullFR
    1302 posts

@longjohn119
    I thinks also that it's bugged :

in my "lowest" account (LVL 466 + 70 mastery points)
    I've just finished East-Anglie then building Valka's hut, then Oxenefordscire, all this week (not done Lunden)
    I've got only 1 Fabric found in the cave near Valka's hut in Ravensthorpe

During the days of the "Vinland quiver reset bug" (a long time ago) I made some tests, and I openned a little rectangular chest that had fabric inside, then I reloaded an older save to "revert" the tests : Now, this chest does not give fabric anymore !!!
    Seems that the patch for the missing materials erased, replaced some fabrics in the world...

@TheNorfolkian
    oops ! we where writing together 🙂

Great Thanks for your info 👍
    I'm less stressed now 🙂

• Kormac67
    803 posts

Long time ago...
    I believe fabric started dropping from small chests from Sciropeshire on or so. After Lunden. It was very common from then on.

• azullFR
    1302 posts

@kormac67
    Great thanks to you for confirming this 👍 : far less stress for me now 🙂

• longjohn119
    Original poster 769 posts
    Long time ago...
    I believe fabric started dropping from small chests from Sciropeshire on or so. After Lunden. It was very common from then on.

LMAO ..... That's EXACTLY what happened .... After I posted that I started the Sciropeshire chapter and by the time I got done raiding a monastery and 2 quarries I picked up 8 pieces of fabric which gave me enough to upgrade my arrows twice

• Kormac67
    803 posts

@TheNorfolkian

I recently started finding more fabric out in the world in random chests, despite already having fully upgraded my quiver and rations.

There is also a shrine asking for 10 fabric or so. There is exactly so much fabric in the game that you can fully upgrade and offer at the shrine. After that it stops dropping.
    At least that's how it worked on launch.
    Later they introduced that you can also buy it from vendors, but only until you reached the max number. And not sure if this really worked or still does, it was after I completed fabric.

• TheNorfolkian
    600 posts

@kormac67 I already completed that long ago, but it is a valid observation with the upgrading of the quiver and rations.

I actually didn’t start finding fabric again until the recent update. Let’s chuck this up with other inventory goods that have no further use beyond their intended use.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4112 posts

Hello there!

Thanks for sharing your experiences with collecting fabric in-game, @TheNorfolkian & @Kormac67! I'm glad that you've been able to find more fabric within small chests as you've explored more of England, @longjohn119 😄 As shared by @Kormac67, you can also purchase additional fabric from Yanli once you have reached Settlement Level 6, if you are still requiring it for upgrades or altars.

I'd like to take a closer look at your excess fabric, @TheNorfolkian. Would you be able to send some screenshots or a short video which shows the following:

• The amount of fabric you have collected in-game.
    • Your completed ration and quiver upgrades.
    • That you have completed Dobby's Altar. If you have completed all of the mysteries in Eurvicscire, then an image showing the completed mystery bar would be excellent.

We can then forward this to the development team to check if you should be able to collect more than the required amount of fabric.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Kormac67
    803 posts

@thenorfolkian I tried it and found an unopened chest in Sciropeshire - and now I have one surplus fabric. 😄
    So the old mechanic that only the required number drops was removed at some point. Or accidentally broken.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1258 posts

Hey @kormac67,

It's interesting to hear that you are also reporting surplus drops of fabric. Could you possibly do as @Ubi-Borealis has requested above, and provide us with screenshots or a short video clip showing the following:

• The amount of fabric you have collected in-game.
    • Your completed ration and quiver upgrades.
    • That you have completed Dobby's Altar. If you have completed all of the mysteries in Eurvicscire, then an image showing the completed mystery bar would be excellent.

We can then have the development team look into this and confirm if it's an intended change following the previous issues that were experienced with fabric not dropping reliably. Thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • Kormac67
    803 posts

@ubi-woofer
    Sure. You can see from the number of rations and arrows that both is fully upgraded.
    The missing mystery is the anomaly as shown.

• TheNorfolkian
    600 posts

@ubi-borealis @Ubi-Woofer How about this... Here’s a video showing that I have completed all mysteries in Eurvicscire, that my ration and quiver upgrades are maxed, that I currently have collected some fabric already, AND for a bonus, I’ll collect another fabric from a chest. Cheers...

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2322 posts

@kormac67 Thanks for the images provided. As Ubi-Borealis previously mentioned, if there are no smaller chests remaining on your map then you can purchase fabric from Yanli at your settlement once it has been upgraded to level 6

You should then be able to purchase enough to complete the offering at the altar.

Official Response
  • Kormac67
    803 posts

@ubi-keo As you can see from my screenshot I have the altar completed.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2322 posts

@kormac67 Ah yes apologies, it was the anomaly icon on the map not the altar offering, I can see that now.

I'm pleased you were able to collect enough fabric to complete the altar offering along with your rations and quiver upgrades 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics