Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• AngelKnight7954
    Original poster 4 posts

I have 150 hours, I'm level 77, nearly every area fully completed and not once have I ever had fps drops or stuttering issues. I messed with the setting and tested benchmarks for 3 hours when I first started playing to get the perfect settings that my PC could handle while running smoothly at 60 fps. Suddenly 2 days ago my game started stuttering so much and so consistently that it looks like I'm pulling 20 fps or lower 90% of the time.

About the same time this issue started I had encountered a bug where one of the legendary animals the "Hind of Keryneia" for some reason before I even entered the fighting area B-lined right out of the area off a cliff and got stuck down below and since I wasn't in the fight area it wouldn't take damage and was un-targetable with arrows, fast travelling across the map and back didn't reset him and I didn't have any recent saves to go back to. Eventually while trying to agro him all the way back around the cliffs back to his arena he sudden became targetable and I was able to kill him. I'm not sure if they are related but it they happened pretty much at the same time, since that encounter I rarely get 30 seconds without my game having a seizure.

As I mentioned I don't have any saves I can go to, restarting the game didn't help, made sure everything is updated and restarted my PC. I'm about to start the re-install process so I will update when I know if that helped.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• AngelKnight7954
    Original poster 4 posts
    Best Answer

ISSUE HAS BEEN SOLVED!! These were the instructions I received from support that solved the issue for me:

1. Open an elevated Command Prompt (instructions differ depending on your version of Windows).

Windows Vista or 7:
    a. Click Start, and type "Command Prompt" or "cmd" in the Search box
    b. Right-click Command Prompt under Programs at the top, and select "Run as administrator". If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password or click Allow.

Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10:
    a. Use the following keyboard shortcut: Windows Key + X.
    b. Select "Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu that appears in the bottom left-hand corner.
    c. A prompt may appear asking if you will allow for Windows to open the application, select the "Yes" option.

2. Once the Command Prompt appears, type "sfc /scannow" and press Enter.
    - The sfc /scannow command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy. This may take some time so please be patient.

Note: Do not close this Command Prompt window until the verification is 100% complete. The scan results will be shown after this process is finished.

3. You will receive one of the following messages:

[Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.]
    This means that you do not have any missing or corrupted system files.

[Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.]
    To resolve this problem, perform the System File Checker scan in Safe Mode, and make sure that the PendingDeletes and PendingRenames folders exist under the following folder location: %WinDir%\WinSxS\Temp

[Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.]
    This means that one or more of your Windows system files was either missing or corrupted and the tool fixed the problem. For your own reference, there is a log of its actions in the file location that it provided.

If you receive this message, try the game to see if the issue persists.

[Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.]
    This means that the tool found missing or corrupted files but was unable to automatically fix them. You will have to do this manually. We are unable to assist with this, and you will have to contact Microsoft or your PC manufacturer for further information and assistance.

If the game works after Step 3, excellent! I hope you enjoy it! If not, please follow the steps on the following website to run the Check Disk function to check your hard drive for errors:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/check-your-hard-disk-for-errors

• AngelKnight7954
    Original poster 4 posts

Update: tried verifying files in the Ubisoft launcher before uninstalling; didn't help. Uninstalled and reinstalled; didn't help.

• AngelKnight7954
    Original poster 4 posts
    Best Answer

ISSUE HAS BEEN SOLVED!! These were the instructions I received from support that solved the issue for me:

1. Open an elevated Command Prompt (instructions differ depending on your version of Windows).

Windows Vista or 7:
    a. Click Start, and type "Command Prompt" or "cmd" in the Search box
    b. Right-click Command Prompt under Programs at the top, and select "Run as administrator". If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password or click Allow.

Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10:
    a. Use the following keyboard shortcut: Windows Key + X.
    b. Select "Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu that appears in the bottom left-hand corner.
    c. A prompt may appear asking if you will allow for Windows to open the application, select the "Yes" option.

2. Once the Command Prompt appears, type "sfc /scannow" and press Enter.
    - The sfc /scannow command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy. This may take some time so please be patient.

Note: Do not close this Command Prompt window until the verification is 100% complete. The scan results will be shown after this process is finished.

3. You will receive one of the following messages:

[Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.]
    This means that you do not have any missing or corrupted system files.

[Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.]
    To resolve this problem, perform the System File Checker scan in Safe Mode, and make sure that the PendingDeletes and PendingRenames folders exist under the following folder location: %WinDir%\WinSxS\Temp

[Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.]
    This means that one or more of your Windows system files was either missing or corrupted and the tool fixed the problem. For your own reference, there is a log of its actions in the file location that it provided.

If you receive this message, try the game to see if the issue persists.

[Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.]
    This means that the tool found missing or corrupted files but was unable to automatically fix them. You will have to do this manually. We are unable to assist with this, and you will have to contact Microsoft or your PC manufacturer for further information and assistance.

If the game works after Step 3, excellent! I hope you enjoy it! If not, please follow the steps on the following website to run the Check Disk function to check your hard drive for errors:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/check-your-hard-disk-for-errors

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 734 posts

Hey @angelknight7954, sorry for the delay. Thanks for letting us know that this issue has been resolved, I'm glad to hear it! If anyone else experiences similar issues, please be sure to try out the steps provided above. Thanks again angelknight7954 for the solution to this, I appreciate it.

Official Response
  • AngelKnight7954
    Original poster 4 posts

@ubi-gizmo I want to add, the stuttering issue came back briefly but it seems to only happen when I am in the "Borderless" setting, whereas while I'm in the "Fullscreen" setting I don't get any stutter.

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 734 posts

@angelknight7954, thanks for providing this extra information. This is likely because Windows dedicates more resources, typically to fullscreen apps. As borderless is just windowed but without the borders, it's likely this is why the stuttering persists. If you have further questions or the stuttering comes back whilst you're in fullscreen, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Official Response
  • longjohn119
    776 posts

@angelknight7954 I would suggest running SFC after every Windows update and while this doesn't really apply to Odyssey anymore I'd run the verify files after every Ubisoft title update .... All it takes is one broken packet to mess up a downloaded file ....

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 997 posts

Thanks for sharing this additional advice @longjohn119 , it's appreciated!

Official Response

Suggested Topics