Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• longjohn119
    Original poster 791 posts

The Grind in this game is incredible because nearly every .... single .... chest ... in the game if behind a freaking puzzle .... It's such a waste of time for no good reasons as it really serves no purpose other than to burn up a ton of time ....

Maybe putting a couple of items per region behind a puzzle but 30 to 40 chest's and armors per region behind a puzzle is just way too much and a horrible design decision

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• As1r0nimo
    124 posts

???
    Well, if you are talking about small chests, than there is no problem with, just ignore the hardest for.

Imo, but it's a cool design. At least making me think a bit between killing enemies

• longjohn119

@as1r0nimo

It's just too excessive .... It would be a good feature **IF** done in moderation

Having a couple of beers after work is moderation but binge drinking every night is excessive and this is excessive like binge drinking

• ADarklore
    175 posts

@longjohn119 If 'puzzle' you mean trying to figure out how to get into a house that has a chest... yeah, they're a pain. Thankfully most of them are pretty easy and follow the same formula- look for open windows, paneling to shoot out at top of house, or openings to shoot door block. Some, however, I have had to Youtube in order to figure out how to get to the chest. Who'd have thought I have to climb a tree half a mile away and use a Predator bow to shoot the block?!? Then when you think about it, HOW do these people who set these locks get back into their houses?!? I mean really? Seems UBI just threw out any attempt at 'reality' and just made things up as they went along.

But if you want to talk GRIND... try those copy and paste Rebel missions in France!! The height of TRUE laziness by UBI, they must be down to about two or three devs now working on the game? Since it's clear the entire quest line was just copy and paste, forcing players to grind for HOURS to level up- just so they can have access to the reaper armor and a tattoo parlor?!? I will say I am loving the reaper cape- as it allows for a shirtless (male) Eivor and doesn't look stupid compared to going shirtless with other capes. I finally can remove shirt and bracers and he looks pretty awesome being able to show full arm tattoos.
    Also, I don't know what it is about those Rebel missions, but they increase the enemies difficulty ABOVE your level- they all have red skulls and take forever to take down, even at full level 466! Yeah, I'm at level 466 and dealing with red skulled enemies!! So I ended up turning off Level Scaling just so the extremely repetitive missions could be done faster. Oh, and get this, to top it off of being 'copy and paste' missions, you can only accept ONE at a time- so you are constantly having to fast travel back and forth- but they probably had to do that because of the copy and paste nature- after all- you could so easily do two quests at the same fort... can't have that, so let's make you go back and forth and make sure no mission is near a sync point so you always have to travel to the destination. 😞

• longjohn119

@adarklore I'd like to record a playthrough but having to do all those chest puzzles would just make for dull boring videos and trying to edit around them and keep continuity would be a nightmare. The only way I can figure out is if they finally add a New Game Plus where I wouldn't have to grind for fabric to upgrade arrows and health and then I could just skip most of them. I still don't know if I'm even going to bother with the DLCs , I haven't even bothered with River Raids because everyone complains about them being buggy and not very well done. In fact the only reason I started playing is I'm just killing time until Witcher 3 Complete Edition comes out but that still looks to be months away even though 4th quarter 2021 starts tomorrow

• longjohn119

It gets even worse ..... Whoever designed the 3 key chest in Jorvik should have some sense slapped into them ..... You need 3 keys, there are no clues at all and after wasting an hour or more running around Jorvik I looked it up and the keys aren't even remotely close to Jorvik and in fact are spread out all over ..... I guess we are just supposed to stumble around like idiots and hope we run across all three

There in no sense in that stuff at all .... It isn't witty, it isn't clever, it's just a stupid waste of everyone's time ... What they hell were they thinking?

• As1r0nimo
    124 posts

@longjohn119 It was a "secret" chest.

Suggested Topics