ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5646 posts

Thanks for sharing more of your experience, @SpirantCrayon22, and for providing your own input @bielik01.

It's possible depending on the time the wolves were killed that they didn't have time to respawn, resulting in the auto-completion of the contract. I wouldn't be able to confirm this for sure, though, so I've passed on your report to the dedicated teams so they can look into this further.

If you are able to capture any additional videos, please can you share them within this thread? We can then update your report to include these to help with further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    1454 posts

@ubi-borealis

Just to be clear, the wolf quest did not automatically complete, I still had to confirm the kill, but it was already dead.

It might be that it isn't related at all but did make me think of a few things, I might well see if I can replicate it in a short while.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for the clarification, @SpirantCrayon22! I've made sure to specify this within your report to the dedicated teams as well.

If you are able to replicate the issue, or if you encounter something similar, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    1454 posts

@ubi-borealis

just so happens my plan worked

killed two wolves about 10 minutes ago, waited for 3 o'clock, went to Reda, "Threat Assessment" was there, took it, went to the nearby site to find a dead wolf so simply confirmed the kill

aside - just after I did the "record clip" thing a third wolf appeared but that, I'm nearly certain, is because three spawn at that location and I must have missed it on the earlier visit (didn't show up in Eagle Vision as per the other problem?)

anyway back to the main topic, the clip is here

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for capturing that video for me, @SpirantCrayon22! I've passed this along to the dedicated teams so they can take a look and see if this is working as intended (due to respawn rates), or if the enemies should be respawned upon accepting the contract.

If we require any additional information from you, we'll reach out within this thread. Additionally, once we have any updates to share, we'll contact you here as well.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    1454 posts

@ubi-borealis

the main point I can see here is that it might give a clue to the carts

kill quests require confirmation but the action is automatically done - or better-put, already done but the manual intervention of "confirm kill" is needed to complete the quest

these carts spawn in either on acceptance of a quest or when in the vicinity of the quest location - but they must spawn in a destroyed state so going near them causes the destruction to register - it's already happened - so the quest automatically completes

I'm near Elmenham and there are no carts at the location where they should appear so this shows they do spawn in for those quests

the other thing of interest is carts that are permanently destroyed during other quests or "free roam" compared with those that respawn, maybe that might help, I'll look for locations

• Ubi-Borealis

It's an interesting theory you propose, @SpirantCrayon22. I wouldn't be able to confirm for certain if this is the case, but I've shared your thoughts and findings with the dedicated teams to see if it can assist with the ongoing investigation into this auto-completion issue.

I appreciate you taking the time to look into this yourself, and for sharing additional reports with us! It's very helpful as we continue to look into this further. If you have anything else you'd like to share in regards to Reda's contracts auto-completing, please don't hesitate to share it with us.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    1454 posts

@ubi-borealis

more observations

There's one of these carts in Wareham where the final fight against Alfred takes place. I am fairly sure that I used to destroy this cart fairly regularly but today it was already destroyed. That could indicate something changed with carts when these quests started being handed out by Reda, at that point they no longer respawned (not intact, anyway).

Based on that I just went to Brentwood where I remember there was a bit of a pyromaniac thing to do during one quest or another. There were about ten such carts, all intact even though I probably destroyed them when the quest was done back in the day - so they presumably respawned. I destroyed all these carts just now (got a video at gamerdvr) so if they don't respawn after today that might mean something more definitely useful about the carts and the cart quests.

I went to Svartalfheim to do a Reda-Valkyrie quest and then went back to Brentwood. All carts were still destroyed. I'll go there again tomorrow.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1454 posts

@ubi-borealis

Right, might have something more useful now. As I suspected, the carts in Brentwood have not respawned. I booted the game, found I'd left Eivor near Brentwood, did an autopilot back to Reda in Ravensthorpe, stopped to kill everyone in Sancta Maria's Abbey then again in Earnningstone, continued back to Ravensthorpe, got Reda's two missions after posting again about the rubbish on offer in his shop, rode to mission 1 then rode to mission 2 then rode back to Ravensthorpe, then went to Svartalfheim for the Valkyrie mission from Reda, woke up. I did fast-travel at this point and rode to Brentwood. I'd think any respawning should have happened - but it didn't.

I have killed another one of these carts in Sancta Maria's Abbey, see if that respawns.

So the current thinking I have is that it's to do with the carts, the programming has changed around them. They do not respawn, for a given location they are intact or permanently destroyed or something like that.

Edit. I just re-read the original post here; @KamikazeSG12 noted the respawning problem specifically but it's not just the carts in these Reda quests - it's all of them.

• Ubi-Borealis

I apologise for the delayed response, @SpirantCrayon22. Thank you for continuing to share your observations regarding Reda's quests auto-completing, and what you've noticed about the carts respawning - or not respawning, as the case may be.

I've shared your detailed findings with the dedicated teams to see if this can assist with the ongoing investigation into these auto-completing contracts. If the team have any questions regarding the reports you've shared, we'll reach out within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics