Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• KamikazeSG12
    Original poster 47 posts

Playing on XBox One X.
    I love the new Caravan missions, but there's a pretty big glitch.
    I've received the "Destroy the Caravan" mission in Eastern Cent 3 times now. I usually Fast Travel to the Tree over the ship graveyard and move back into the mission. The first time, there was no issue. I moved in and took out the guards and then the wagons as planned.
    The Glitch occurred on both of the subsequent times I received this mission. The mission logs correctly and is fine through Fast Travel to the area. The problem is that the wagons are not resetting with the mission. The remain destroyed from the first time I completed it. As I move closer to the combat area, the mission progress automatically logs that the wagons have been destroyed, completing the mission without my firing the first arrow or attacking in any way.

I don't have a video of it happening, but I will try to capture some pics and video of it the next time this mission comes up.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2374 posts

@kamikazesg12 Thanks for reporting this, it is not a known issue.

If you could record a video next time you receive the quest that would be great 🙂

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    630 posts

@ubi-keo

I have had this thing once, yesterday. I don't mind if it doesn't get fixed, though, assuming there is nothing more to the bug, as there are issues that are worse in the game as it is now.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 681 posts

@spirantcrayon22

Hey there

Thanks for letting us know. As mentioned by Keo if yourself or anyone else can provide a video demonstrating this happening we'll get this reported to the team for further investigation. Cheers!

Official Response
  • KamikazeSG12
    Original poster 47 posts

I got the mission again today (9/22) and it happened again and I got pics and a video.

Having issues getting the video to link here. I'll get it posted asap.

• SpirantCrayon22
    630 posts

happened to me again, too, near Elmenham

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/spirantcrayon22/video/144062539

but as mentioned, there are quite a lot of more important issues that more urgently need attention

• SteveZ_Pun
    273 posts

@spirantcrayon22
    there are quite a lot of more important issues that more urgently need attention...correct.
    It happened to me too, many times..today the caravan is already destroyed..maybe cause i destroy it yesterday??
    Sometimes the objective is already dead i must confirm dead. Easy opals

• KamikazeSG12
    Original poster 47 posts

My video of it happening...

• Ubi-Keo

@kamikazesg12 @SpirantCrayon22 Thanks for the videos provided.

I have reported this to the development team to investigate.

Official Response
  • Kormac67
    815 posts

@kamikazesg12 I had this too last time (Tuesday or Wednesday).
    Approached the site with the ship, completed once I got nearby. Easy opals. 🙂

• GLADI8ORDUDE.
    64 posts

It looks like some of Reda's quests are bugged. When I acquiring some of his quests they automatically complete themselves without me doing anything. All I do is back out of talking to Reda after I acquire his new daily quest and some of them instantly are completed.

The two quests I have seen do this so far are

1. Silence the Poet
    2. The Duke of Burgundy

Below are videos of what's happening

• SpirantCrayon22
    630 posts

@gladi8ordude

The new "blow up the carts" quests seems to be bugged slightly like this but going to the location is needed. I had something like your description just yesterday but it was an avenge quest, just registered as "complete" as soon as it appeared and I'm not even sure I clicked on the body to start it, I got spammed several times about the quest, then it was just finished. I had killed a load of soldiers (this is at the rocky outcrop towards the NW where there's a lump of titanium, avenge quests there are normally soldiers on the roads nearby) then the quest completed without me confirming any kills. None of the kills were assassinations.

@ubianyone as I mentioned elsewhere this is not something that I think should be a priority, yes it's broken but there are worse problems that irritate your customers much more

• SpirantCrayon22
    630 posts

I've a theory. The quests occur in fixed locations, though for the killing ones it doesn't matter where the contact dies. If something's changed and the "fixed location" nature has started to maintain the final state, ie, target confirmed dead, then as soon as they're picked up the quests are going to complete. That can't happen to the "blow up the carts" quests as the game needs Eivor to be at the location but as soon as she is the quest completes as it "sees" the final state from before.

That might also potentially explain the avenge quest.

This'll be disproven or corroborated soon enough.

• Ubi-Keo

@gladi8ordude Thanks for reporting this, I have forwarded it on to the development team to investigate.

If you experience the same issue with any other of Reda's contracts then please post in this thread.

@SpirantCrayon22 Thanks for your input on this issue, it's appreciated as always 🙂

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    630 posts

@spirantcrayon22

rocky outcrop towards the NW of Hampshire

• TheNorfolkian
    606 posts

@ubi-keo I would like to report that I have been experiencing this bug as well with the Reda quest that involves blowing up carts.

• bielik01
    944 posts

@thenorfolkian same thing just happened to me.

• azullFR
    1326 posts

In my case only "Make it boom" quests complete themselves but only when I am near the "boom" place as shown in the video made by @bielik01 👍 and only if I already done them once at a previous date

Nice day to all 🙂

[PS4 pro + Valhalla on internal SSD // all up-to-date]

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1258 posts

Thanks for letting us know that this issue persists, @kormac67.

The developers have begun their investigation using the videos already provided, but so far were unable to reproduce it. If you have the ability to provide an additional video, that would be much appreciated as a result, so that they can take a closer look into another instance of it happening. 🙂

This goes for everyone else impacted as well - any additional videos that can be provided would be gratefully received!

Official Response
  • Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1258 posts

Thanks for sharing these videos with us, @TheNorfolkian and @bielik01 - I've passed them to the investigating team now, as they have opened a general investigation into Reda's quests auto-completing.

Any additional videos that we can gather are much appreciated, as well as confirmation of any further quests that are seeing this issue occur on them. We'll keep you updated with the latest updates in the investigation as we receive them.

@azullFR, if you can provide a video showing the behaviour you've described, that would be great!

Thanks again! 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics