UNSOLVED Quests from Reda are automatically completing | POST HERE0 Likes/74 Replies/1789 Viewsbielik01 1287 posts
@ubi-woofer I posted this in another thread, but this one is strictly related to the caravans.
(And @TheNorfolkian's video)
I believe these carts spawn in many areas and I think today they spawned for me in location I first spotted them on Sept 10th.
So it's highly likely any of future quests with carts involved in location they previously were spawned will be completed automatically upon arrival to the location.
Ubisoft Support Staff Ubi-Borealis 4569 posts
Hello there @bielik01 & @Kormac67!
Thanks for sharing your reports with us! Thanks for sharing both your own video and @TheNorfolkian's video as well, @bielik01. I've passed these along to the development team for use in the ongoing investigation. If we require any additional information from your experiences with this issue, we will reach out within this thread.
I've also merged the original thread you shared these reports in with @KamikazeSG12's thread, so we can keep all reports of this issue in a single thread. Apologise if any ongoing discussion has been disrupted by this merge.
In the meantime, please continue to share any additional reports and videos with us within this thread. I would also recommend keeping an eye out for any future updates within the News & Announcements forums.
Taklishim 21 posts
Here is a video of the quest "Burn it Down" auto-completing as I rode up to the location near Elmenham.
at the moment I can't manage the videos, I will try later in the week
Here more details about the "steps done to have the issue" =
- 2021 September the 10th = "Make it boom" in Sciropescire = boomed by Eivor
- 2021 September the 14th = "Make it boom" South of Repton = boomed by Eivor
- To notice : 2021 September the 15th = Ubi Serveur maintenance : https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/108358/scheduled-maintenance-september-15?lang=en-US
- 2021 September the 23th = "Make it boom" South of Repton = quest taken at Reda and activated (blue marker) = auto-completed at 100m
- 2021 September the 26th = "Make it boom" in Sciropescire = quest taken at Reda and Not activated (white marker) = auto-completed at 100m
this "issue" is exactely the same in my 2 accounts :
1 single PS4 pro + Valhalla on internal SSD // all up-to-date
2 accounts = azullFR & a2ullFR = Manual Cloud saves ready to use for each account
I will try to send some videos of the Boomed and Auto-boomed quests if I have some
pesto. 216 posts
The various “blow up carts” missions from Reda that appeared n patch 1.3.1 are only possible to do once even though he keeps handing them out.
If you get the same one to do a second time at the same location as you approach it will simply grant you the free opals and XP and if you find the carts you’ll see they’ve already been blown up.
Their state needs to be reset after a certain period of time has elapsed or if the mission is handed out, otherwise while it’s easy it’s less boom, more bore.
@pesto Yeah, this is a pretty big issue... @bielik01 already posted a dedicated thread about the general problem.
Kormac67 941 posts
This post is deleted!
Azhrei21 46 posts
@pesto lol i literally just got one of those, went to the location, got the opals 50 meters or w/e away. I had already cleared that region and blown those up. Decided to just kill all the guards anyway for some exp and SOMETHING to do. I've been wondering for weeks now why those carts don't reset once you blow them.
This post is deleted!
Ubisoft Support Staff Ubi-Mark. 1814 posts
Thank you for bringing this to our attention!
I can see that this issue has been already reported to the development team and it's currently being investigated. Once we have an update, we will let everyone know through the patch notes.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.
PS: I merged your thread with our megathread for better visibility
- 2021 September the 10th = "Make it boom" in Sciropescire = Very first time this exact quest (Name + Location) appears in AC Valhalla = boomed by Eivor
- 2021 September the 14th = "Make it boom" South of Repton = Very first time this exact quest (Name + Location) appears in AC Valhalla = boomed by Eivor
Nice day to all
hoangcf 2 posts
Thanks for sharing
I don't mind if it doesn't get fixed
KopfSmertZz 86 posts
Not only the making it boom quest, but also the quest where you have to kill the wolfs nearby Ravensthorpe is also already auto-completed sometimes. When you get there you just need to confirm the kill to get the opals. Not that I'm complaining, I like opals just as much as Reda does.
@ubi-mark I hope the development team fixes this problem soon. Here is my video capture from today’s (Sep. 29, 2021) quest showing that it keeps happening... https://1drv.ms/v/s!AhFeScLdbsMBmRBKf_aYD7fpatli?e=1b5yZX
Auto-boomed quest happened again today (September, the 29th 2021) :
Quest name : in french = "Vois commerciales" so I guess it is, more or less, something like :"Commercial roads" in English
- September, the 20th 2021 / 17h15 (Paris hour), "Commercial roads" taken at Ravensthorpe = South-Ouest of Besuncen Tor = quest done = OK (first appearance of this exact quest, name and place)
- September, the 29th 2021 / 22h20 (Paris hour), "Commercial roads" taken at Ravensthorpe = South-Ouest of Besuncen Tor = quest done = Auto-Boomed (second appearance of this exact quest, name and place)
So, it seems simple to reproduce, just have to do the exact same "explosive" quest (Name, place and taken at the same guy in my case) 2 times
PS4pro + Valhalla on internal SSD // all up-to-date
Manual Cloud Saves = done
in fact I had 3 different "explosive" quests (all taken from Reda himself) :
- "Voies commerciales" = (approximative translation) "Commercial Roads" // South-Ouest of Besuncen Tor
- "Et que çà saute !" = "Make it boom !" // South of Repton
- "Et que çà saute !" = "Make it boom !" // Sciropescire
I guess some different "explosive" quest can exist depending where you take them, I'm curious about knowing if someone had other names for them