Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• AntiChrist7
    Original poster 4 posts

So I'll start of by saying I play a big amount of Ubisoft games and I liked WD1 despite initial controversy, and really enjoyed WD2. I bought Legion or release, but due to the savegame bug I twice lost 2-3h of early game progress. So I shelved it to come back to it later. By then other games like Valhalla came out and the steam winter sale happened etc.. So with most of my backlog done, I come back to this. Im not far in the game, Im at the Bloody Mary mission, but did spend a lot of time getting recruits, tech points and turning boroughs defiant. Reasoning is that I dont want to have finished the game/story and having most abilities/fun characters still being locked.

I don't know exactly how to call it, but the game just feels underwhelming compared to WD2 and I wanted some different point of views/general pointers.
    The "play as everyone" might sound cool, but in truth it feels limiting because unlike other (Ubisoft) open world RPG's, your characters dont make any progress. What you recruit is what you get. you get tons of tech points and gadgets, but your character can only equip one effectivly (especially if you're in a forbidden area), even their loadout is mostly set. 45 also feels a very low limit. Furthermore the switching between characters and gadgets constantly breaks the flow you're in.

Because you dont know what type of mission you're gonna get, you need to backtrack if you picked an unsuited character. And even when you pick a suited character, it sometimes doesnt even matter. For the "driven to distraction" mission I picked my spy character with a modified car. I didnt get to use it.... (although if you can tell me which song plays during the mission, would be appreciated)

As for the open world itself, no direct acces to vehicles or even music player (I understand as a resistance movement you dont want a registered car or a spotify account, its just gameplaywise annoying) are like basic things that should somehow be in the game. While the social stealth with some characters/uniformed acces is a nice touch, it lacks the hitman approach as even the bottom feeders of clan kelley/Albion/the police recognise you when you are reasonably close (although ive learned to use it with AR cloak, but that means you cant equip your spiderbot). You cant really interact with traffic as with previous games (unless you've selected a character), and I have no idea what the ETO is for aside cosmetics.

So am I just playing the game wrong? Does it get better later on with different characters? (didnt unlock Aiden/Wrench/etc yet. Is the online mode or Legion of the dead any good? Again, I'm not bashing on the game. I just want to understand why my experience is so radically different to previous games and get some more enjoyment out of it

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• A1R50FT-10
    309 posts

@antichrist7 LOTD is good, online has way too many bugs. It'll crash often

• GhostAgent14
    108 posts

@antichrist7
    Since you mentioned that you really enjoyed Watch Dogs 2, I highly recommend the Bloodlines DLC to you!! It was quite good!! I'm not sure if you have the Season Pass or not, but - if so - it would be included with that.

I personally find the Online mode to be a lot of fun, so I recommend trying it out since you haven't already.

And I do appreciate your comments about the stealth aspect of this game. I don't think it's nearly as good as Watch Dogs 2. I agree that the detection system seems a bit broken in Watch Dogs Legion.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics