Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/97 Replies/2229 Views
    Azhrei21
    46 posts

Oh and like i said before and others have stated, they seem to vanish from our gear right when loading in the game. When this happened earlier tonight I even tried loading all my autosaves from BEFORE the manual save when i quit the game the other day. It was missing in those as well. It's like the game deletes it from our "game account", like if I use Opals, they'll still be gone if i load an earlier save. And thanks to this Idunn skill bug (the glowing constantly until you re-equip the gear you have HP in runes in), i'm pretty sure it didn't disappear at some earlier point and i didn't notice, cause I was never constantly glowing like I was when i logged in. Remember if you unequip gear with HP runes, you glow constantly (like i was when i got on earlier and saw the rune had vanished). The rune going poof would be the same as unequipping said gear (my helm in this case).

I don't know how you'd figure this out... since it took like an entire week playing all the time before it happened again. Unless you can look at the code being used AS you load the game... see if something is deleting them. Like I said i don't see how it could've happened any other time, I never glowed constantly by accident except for this. And except for this, you have to make that glowy bug happen yourself, and it's 100%. Any piece of gear with HP, just take it off... happens every time.

The odd thing is I did a quick search, and it seems HP runes are the only ones vanishing...

• Azhrei21
    46 posts

OMG man.... I haven't even turned the game off or reloaded a save since those two previous posts on Sept. 22... I just took a nap and left the game paused. I just sold a couple (literally two) extra runes like a 2.0 Crit chance and a minor ranged damaged. Then i went in my inventory cause in the back of my mind I was thinking, i better check on the health runes. I NEVER EVEN EQUIPPED that 14.9 HP rune I just reported finding, AND IT'S GONE! It wasn't on my helm, it just fracking vanished from my inventory...

I give up. How long do i have to wait to play one of your games these days before all the bugs are fixed? I bought this when it released... god knows why cause I waited till this month to play it...

• Azhrei21
    46 posts

Is it possible the game thinks any HP rune over 11 HP is random trade goods to sell when you hold down triangle (PS4)? I doubt it but i'm rarely stopping to sell things anymore. And when this just happened to the 14.9 one i JUST found yesterday, I had just sold all the random trade goods before selling those other two runes...

Also, why the hell cant' I edit a post after 600 measly seconds? Don't you think we might think of something else after 6 minutes?

• demonslayer6129
    5 posts

@ubi-milky same thing just got Excalibur and all my runes from it gone I have the gothic set on and the chest piece takes my 14.9 health runes Everytime and then they all disappear I can't reload a save that has them because my last save was on sep 21. Don't understand how this is a issues that's been going on for months, I don't even want to put runs in the sockets because I'm scared I'ma lose them forever I have the game done and whole map complete so my chances of getting my runes back or slim

• demonslayer6129
    5 posts

Been playing the game since it came out now it's ubi so there's going to be bugs but to take months and still nothing about how to get the runes back or why it's happening, I've spent money into this game for my runes that I have grinded for to disappear. 14.9 health runes 4.0 attack runes, and some of my diamond runes, I've done the reloading of saves and nothing the last time I reloaded a save I had more runes missing that before. Please fix this before y'all release more dlc there's at least five game breaking bugs, your mounts can sometimes not let you control them for hours, you can get launched into the sky and the only way down is to die, climbing through latter's and getting stuck, like come on the first post was in March of 2021 idk how y'all let this go on for so long

• Azhrei21
    46 posts
  • demonslayer6129
    5 posts

Well just got done doing the Essex story quests and got two 14.9 runes and I told my self don't equip them, so I didn't I make a save file and go back to inventory, and what do you noo all my great health runes that I haven't equipped because they keep disappearing, disappear in seconds and I tried to reload that save with them on it and there gone on that two, 6 months this been going on. you want to put out more dlc and weapons in the game and work on odyssey but can't put out a reason to why this is happening, yes it's not a money issue other wise y'all would be on it but it's still supper frustrating that I've been playing Ubisoft over four years and have spent at least 2000$ on your games , I love playing them they bring me joy that no other games give me. Please 🥺 help and try to push this first before y'all release more content.

spoiler

• demonslayer6129
    5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • demonslayer6129
    5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4150 posts

Hello there!

I've merged some similar threads about disappearing runes into a single Megathread. I apologise if any ongoing discussion has been disrupted by this merge. By creating a single thread about this issue, it helps us to keep all reports and updates in one place.

The development team are aware of this issue occurring in-game, and are currently investigating further. We have forwarded all reports that have been shared with us within this thread as part of the ongoing investigation. If you have been affected by this issue and notice that any of your runes have disappeared from your inventory, please can you provide us with the following information:

• Which runes have disappeared? Please specify if these runes were equipped at the time they disappeared.
    • Which gear sets/weapons are you using? Please let us know if you have multiple gear sets equipped.
    • What actions did you carry out prior to the runes disappearing? For instance, if the runes disappeared after completing a certain quest, after loading up a save, after fast travelling etc.

We can then pass these reports to the development team for a closer look.

@Azhrei21 - Thanks for sharing an update regarding your report about your missing HP runes. Rest assured that any updates from the investigation will either be shared within this Megathread or within the News & Announcements forum, so please check these places regularly for any new information.

I'm sorry to hear that some of your runes have also disappeared despite not being equipped to any gear. I've added the additional information you've shared with us to your initial report so the development team can take a closer look at this.

@demonslayer6129 - I'm sorry to hear that some of your runes have also disappeared after collecting Excalibur. Thanks for letting us know which gear set you have equipped, as well as which runes have disappeared. Just to let you know, I've merged your images into your most recent update. Thanks for sharing these with us as well. I've passed on your report to the development team so they can use it in the ongoing investigation.

If we require any additional information from either of you regarding your experiences with disappearing runes, we will reach out within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • AuditoreAC3
    1 posts

This would be a first time thing for me. This glitch (assuming or bug) happened after doing a master challenge. It happened twice doing the challenge totem by the river (for got the name, lower right hand corner of the map.) And saw my gear that I got through Reda opal. That had runes equipped, vanished from the weapon and inventory. The runes that went missing involved parrying creates a fire circle, increase assassination damage when close to full health, parrying ignites weapon, parrying restores health, and increase attack after each hit. After 274 hours into my favorite installment in Assassins Creed, this glitch hurt my gaming spirit. All i have is photos of my gear missing runes. I love the support and hard work you guys are putting in this. And know sometimes in a live service game, bugs happen. I've encountered little bugs here and there (Ireland sleep cycle, and thor's hammer visual) for the most part. My Valhalla experience has been more than worth it. But help on this matter, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your hard work!

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4150 posts

Hello there @AuditoreAC3! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that some of your runes have disappeared from your gear after completing a Mastery Challenge. Thank you for taking the time to share your report with us, and for letting us know which runes have disappeared. The development team are aware of this issue and are currently investigating further. I've now forwarded your report so they can take a closer look at this as part of the ongoing investigation.

We don't yet have any updates to share with you from the development team regarding the disappearing runes. If you haven't already, I would recommend that you try loading an earlier save from before the Mastery Challenge to see if your runes are returned.

As soon as we have any new information to share regarding this issue, we will let you know within this thread and within the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Azhrei21
    46 posts

@ubi-borealis Welp I've had a 14.9 AND a 18.x HP rune in my silver (rank) helm for like a week now. I just cleared Essex and was about to start it's quest chain, and I missed something at the start. So i go to load the most recent auto save (1:44 am) which was ten minutes earlier (I was watching some of a tv show for a few minutes). The save was in a good spot, right AFTER I did a flyting there but just before I ran to the big house to grab a scroll somewhere in there and start the quests. Lo and behold when the autosave from ten minutes earlier loaded, I was glowing. I look in my inventory and sure enough the 14.9 one vanished. I loaded the autosave from "just now" (1:55 am) and it's gone from there too, even though i know damn well i still had it, i had just gone in my inventory and switched back to hunter bow and saw both rune slots on the helm still filled. It didn't go poof till i loaded the auto save from ten minutes beforehand. I load an auto save from like 45 minutes earlier, and it's gone from there too. It's like some time travel crap, it vanishes from one it vanishes from all of them (i tried loading earlier saves last time this happened and it was the same)...

I'll make another post if the 18.9 HP rune ever vanishes but other then that I'm done. This game isnt' even hard enough to care if I even have any runes to begin with, let alone 11 HP versus 18.9 ones (or 14)... but this is ridiculous how long this has apparently been going on. And it's freaking annoying. I do have one thing to say though, I don't think any of my 11's have ever gone poof. And it made my 14 go away instead of the 18. Maybe this only happens with the 14's for some reason? All I know is I'm never selling the 11's.

I do have one question, is there a limit to how many runes you can have in the inventory? Cause I don't want to sell ANY now... >.< sucks cause all the minor ones can add up in some silver.

• Kormac67
    821 posts

@azhrei21 There is no limit to how many you can have I believe but there is a limit to how many you can access. Both the socketing control and the sale control are limited (the sale was doubled recently I believe) and if you have more you can neither socket nor sell them until you sell some of the others.

• Azhrei21
    46 posts

ugh... one of the biggest problems in the game and according to the patch notes today... nothing about this. >.<

• RCDeschene
    58 posts

No update on the disorganized runes in the shop & inventory yet... 😕

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1267 posts

@Azhrei21 - Hey there! Thanks for your response to this thread. Just to confirm, you noticed that your equipped 14.9 and 18.9 health runes on your silver helm disappeared after reloading an autosave created during the beginning of the Essex arc? And after reloading other autosaves, you noticed that the same runes also disappeared on those, despite having been present previously? Could you please clarify for me the exact gear items you had equipped (and whether you had pieces from different sets equipped), as well as any specific actions you completed before reloading the autosave that could be relevant? Thank you! 🙂

To address your question about how many runes you can own directly, there should not be a limit of how many runes you can carry, though as @Kormac67 has mentioned, there is a limit on how many you can view in your inventory when viewing / selling them (600 at the moment, I believe). This is something under investigation by the development team, so please keep an eye out for updates on this.

@RCDeschene - I sincerely apologise for the delay in an update regarding this issue, as well as with regard to the ordering of the runes in your inventory / vendor screen. As soon as we have any additional information to share, we'll be sure to do so here and in other resources such as the patch notes. Thank you. 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics