Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• lolol934
    Original poster 13 posts

Some dude and I lost my hardcore character during the keener cutscene. We opened the door after he went to his dying spot on the footbridge.
    As you can see in the clip, there is one sitting on the ground and a second keener, which shoots at us. Yea, we lost both characters.

This can be reproduced every time by opening the door too early.

The guy in the clip uses ALT+F4 trying to log out as fast as possible to survive, but as he relogs you can see his character is already gone.
    My character died right after the cutscene. You walk out of the door in "Haven" and die immediately. Pretty unfortunate, wasting a lot of time like this.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• lolol934
    Original poster 13 posts

Screenshot of my character gone too.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 522 posts

Hello @lolol934 . I'm sorry to hear that this has happened, especially on hardcore characters! Thank you as well for that video clip as well. Just to clarify further, after you got out of the cutscene your character died from the gunshots inflicted during the cutscene that was playing? Or were there still two Keeners and that's how you died? Have you noticed of this also happens when not playing a hardcore character?

Official Response
  • lolol934
    Original poster 13 posts

@ubistorm Yep, my character (unfortunately no video) died right after the whole cutscene, but from the inflicted gunshots in the cutscene. So the second "Keener" killed us while we were on the footbridge. I saw him shooting me during almost the whole cutscene.
    After the cutscene ends at the footbridge ends, there is another cutscene in "Haven". After the "Haven" cutscene, you'll usually walk out of the door, but I died immediatly after the haven cutscene ended. Like walking out and dropping dead on the ground. I hope that helps.

Should be the same on softcore mode, but I didn't try to force it. I saw a clip once, were there was still a SHD gadget, like a mortar turret which killed the player in the cutscene.

So a damage immunity for the player in a cutscene should fix the problem, right?

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 808 posts

@lolol934 Thanks for reporting this and I'm also sorry to see this happens. I have reported the issue to the game team along with the video you linked. Hopefully a damage immunity during cutscenes can be added easily to help prevent it happening anywhere else too.

Official Response
  • Adrian-11
    686 posts

@ubi-froggard

Why the heck there is a second Keener???!!! That's the problem!

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 808 posts

@adrian-11 I know that he shouldn't be there at all. It's such an odd bug. I'll update the thread whenever I have an update back on this.

Official Response

Suggested Topics