Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• LateNiteDelight
    447 posts

@adrian-11 sponge is relative.

If you normally play Hardcore Mode in other shooters and games like Ghost Recon or Rainbow Six, that is hella spongy.

If you normally play Looter-Shooters, Sci-fi Shooters or some older "Normal Mode" Shooters, that's not terrible.

I don't find it in unbearable, hence why I've played everything on Heroic plus some Legendary, and still play group Heroic. I just find it annoying, and I prefer less sponge.

What I want, is the ability to scale enemy Health/Armor separately from Enemy Offensive Ability. Scale loot with Health/Armor - I'd be super happy with Hard Loot + Enemy Health/Armor with Heroic Offensive Abilities [or Legendary].

• Adrian-11
    687 posts

@n3mb0t

Hey, hey now... check the stats, it's under 10, 9:43 to be precise! 😰

• Adrian-11
    687 posts

@latenitedelight

I get it, I really do.

I play hardcore, still on normal at the moment, and to be honest, the offensive abilities are not different from what I see on Heroic. There is only a difference in numbers, sponge, and veterancy (IMO).
    The only difference I see is on Legendary, but that is brutal in the sense that my best blue OR red builds can match only the sponge and the damage of the reds (which have both maxed at the same time). Everything else, uber-soldiers!!! Heroic sponge with offensive on a totally different tier. Not to mention unlimited explosive drones and airbursts.
    You can beat it only with skills doing the work for you, or learning the entire script of the mission (which I loathe).
    I wish there was a Legendary with Normal or Hard sponge, but retaining the offensive caps and aggression.

Oh, well. Take it as it is, and make the best of it.

• LateNiteDelight
    447 posts

@adrian-11 I can definitely notice a difference in the enemies damage/accuracy/cadence going from Challenging to Heroic. If I get out over my skis, they can burn down my armor faster. All levels can strip your armor when you goof, which is nice, but they're more efficient at it when you climb up the difficulty ladder. There are also subtle improvements in their coordination, as well as grenade/skill usage - likely due to having more Elites & Veterans.

Same way I notice a distinct behavior difference between Rogue Agents & Hunter's. Rogue Agents take bad routes, don't use cover to cover, and kind of spaz if you push beyond their first, weaker, melee attempt. They also step out into no man's land to fire at times, leaving themselves open to melting. Hunter's on the other hand use smarter repositioning, they stick closer to cover in case you lay some lumber, they make better use of dodge/roll, they smartly hit cover and regroup if you push into their face with a quick new attack if you survive the Axe - their only glaring flaw is highlighted on Floor 100 if you camp the lobby, which is not coordinating a push more often than not.

If I didn't take it as it is, I would have stopped playing long ago - instead I just pester for minor tweaks occasionally 😁

• Adrian-11
    687 posts

@latenitedelight

I disagree, I think the rogues and the hunters are as dumb as they come. The only difficulty I have with them is their sponge + OP damage. The hunters are the epitome of out-of-balance for me. It's like taking the best build I have and play against hapless NPCs on normal, that the difference. They can two-shot you from the other side of the summit.

• LateNiteDelight
    447 posts

@adrian-11 You're welcome too!

I've fought all the Hunter's, and play against the Manhunter [Deceit] from time to time for fun. I've fought many Rogue Agents. They definitely behave differently in my experience, but I usually fight them CQC. If you sit way back and plink, I would expect they feel the same.

If we want to discuss dumb as they come enemy AI, we should be talking about Breakpoint 😁

• TxDieselKid
    149 posts

re:10 minute comment: "vote to kick"

LMFAOOOO

• Adrian-11
    687 posts

@txdieselkid

... in the balls!

BTW, wondering if anyone will notice the invisibility glitch that I am using (involuntarily).

Suggested Topics