Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Imagine_Brata
    Original poster 152 posts

I installed Windows 11 today and so far there are no problems with Division 2 and other games

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Adrian-11
    572 posts

@imagine_brata

Have you had any of the "suspended" crashes before Win11?

• SevenNVD
    68 posts

@imagine_brata Good to hear!

• Imagine_Brata

@adrian-11 I have always played Division 2 with dx12 without any problems. except when the game came out. Then I had a few crashes, but I fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling all (Microsoft visual c ++ redistributable "files. Since then no problem

• N0vaN00b
    2 posts

@imagine_brata I've always had issues with Div2, I had hoped latest drivers and Win 11 would sort it out. No difference, still freezing and then crashing to desktop. 4 reinstalls so far. Clean windows install, all drivers updated. Dx11, dx12, windowed Vs full screen, rollbacks to previous Nvidia drivers, verifying files, none of it makes a difference.

• hralex1951
    40 posts

Does your copy of Win 11 have VBS (Virtual Based Security) enabled? This is supposed to degrade gaming performance by as much as 30%. You can check it in system information in summary under virtualization based security. I assume it is not enabled.

Microsoft says that new pcs sold with Win 11 will have VBS enabled by default. This could impact poorly on game performance.

• dagrommit
    507 posts
    Does your copy of Win 11 have VBS (Virtual Based Security) enabled? This is supposed to degrade gaming performance by as much as 30%

That is only true if your CPU doesn't support MBEC, which HVCI uses

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/windows-11-security-gaming-application-performance-benchmarks

MBEC requires hardware support, and it is baked into all processors starting with 7th-gen Intel and AMD's Zen 2. Without this feature, HVCI's performance impact can be quite severe. MBEC basically blunts the blow on newer hardware, so you'll see a smaller impact. Our tests imply that MBEC support reduces the impact of HVCI to nearly the same level as VBS alone.
  • Imagine_Brata

@hralex1951 I upgrade from win10. It is only enabled if u install new clean win11

• hralex1951
    40 posts

If and when you buy a new pc, it will come with VBS enabled and in the Tomshardware testing, it showed a decrease in performance of 7%. If you have a gaming rig, you don't need this crap, you are not running the stock exchange or a nuclear reactor. Gaming rigs should come without this baggage. I will stick with Win 10 and when I buy a new pc, I will look for a rig without this or, hopefully, people will have found a way to disable it. Also, it seems to be a bigger issue with Nvidia cards so I will look at Ryzen.

• dagrommit
    507 posts
    If you have a gaming rig, you don't need this crap

Tell that to people who get malware on their system, click on a phishing email, or find their credentials in a data leak.

• Imagine_Brata

@hralex1951 it is easy to disable it on a new windows11 computer .there is already a vbs on/off toggle in windows 11 settings.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics