Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• bielik01
    Original poster 1290 posts

I remember seeing one thread here, where someone wanted a shortcut for a cloak, instead for mount.
    I think there is a way to make some things faster 🙂
    At least for us, console players, when seeing an action wheel, under it there is option to quick save while pressing ⬜ (on PS4).
    Why is there an option to go back (⚪)?
    For me it's useless, because quick action wheel disappears as soon as I release ⬇️.
    But... there are some possibilities of assigning unused button just to quick action wheel actions 😄
    For example, ✖️ for cloak, △ for torch, but let us choose.

Please, make it happen.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• TheNorfolkian
    834 posts

@bielik01 On a related note, I find it odd and counterintuitive to have a quick action wheel option for a mount when there is already the shortcut for it. I also don’t really care for the fact that Eivor automatically pulls up a cloak when entering a distrust area. We should have the freedom to put on the cloak when we want. I know that others have suggested having the hood up as a cosmetic without the full cloak on, but that might look odd for some outfits.

• bielik01

@thenorfolkian fighting with cloak will be implemented, check (from 1:27)

But I want to see my suggestion implemented as well.

• bielik01

@Ubi-Woofer can I ask you to forward my suggestion?

• TheNorfolkian
    834 posts

@bielik01 Noice!

• bielik01

Or @Ubi-Keo? Could you kindly forward it?

• bielik01

These shortcuts could also be mapped to L1, L2, R1, R2, and R3.
    We don't have that many buttons as there is on keyboard. But sure they would improve gameplay.

• thegardener25
    157 posts

They could have added an option to switch between bows in that action wheel. It doesn't matter so much now, but in the early days of playing the game, where resources were scarce for upgrading the quiver, a quick bow swap would have been helpful.

• bielik01

@thegardener25 that's also a great suggestion to add another option to the quick action wheel to switch with an alternate bow without going into inventory.
    This might be changed to selecting your hunter, light, and predator bows in the inventory and just switch between them with quick action wheel option.

• TheNorfolkian
    834 posts

@thegardener25 If you will recall, even when we had weapon switching in Origins, you could only switch between two bows or two hand weapons, despite the variety of weapon types. I still found myself often having to go back to the inventory to switch out a predator bow for a warrior bow, depending on what I was doing. Ubisoft tried something different by having the whole gear set switching system in Odyssey, which was a really clever idea, but of course... you still had to go to the menu to switch between gear sets. I also never cared for the whole switching between arrow types... switching between bows would have been nicer.

Valhalla seems to have abandoned all innovation for further annoyance.

• TheNorfolkian
    834 posts

@bielik01 I always thought it was odd that we couldn’t customize the quick action wheel, given that we can choose which abilities we want assigned to action buttons, and that we can customize the controller button map as well. However, I wonder if this would open up a Pandora’s Jar of sorts... how many possible custom actions could be assigned to the quick action wheel?

• bielik01

@thenorfolkian I still think it's worth giving new ideas until they do the new hood setting enabling fighting with it ("hooded by choice").
    But on the other hand... improving this game is kinda tiring and pointless right now. It's not gonna be like they will change things drastically.
    The product has been made. (It should be complete maybe by second or third TU.)
    I get the idea of festivals and giving new free content (River Raids, Mastery Challenges...), but these things should be right from the beginning.
    I don't know if I'll get Valhalla another go, I pretty much invested myself for 500+ hours by now and don't intend to start over from scratch.
    Actually this is the first time I bought a game at the release... maybe new players in the future will have it easier with improved Valhalla.

• thegardener25
    157 posts

@bielik01 Yea you're right! It wouldn't just be as simple as adding bows to the wheel. They'd have to mess around with the inventory. So you'd have to select your goto predator bow, then favourite hunter etc. & although these added features would have been better options from the start, I wouldn't rule it out. Because the gear loadouts in Odyssey @TheNorfolkian mentioned I'm sure didn't appear until more than 6 months after release (it was probably more like 7-8 months in) & support for Odyssey didn't really go beyond 12 months. Players complained about bugs in Odyssey, but it was nowhere near as bad as this game! ACV is getting a 2nd year, I don't know if that means a full 24 months, with a TU every 5 weeks? There's always room to throw in some QOL features. Because given the anger at the state of the game at times, I'm sure ubisoft will want to withdraw support once they think they finally have a polished product. Apparently AC Unity was a mess at launch, but over time, they fixed it (unity is the only ac game I haven't completed, because I still can't download/install the dlc)!

• TheNorfolkian
    834 posts

@bielik01 Et tu? Valhalla is also the first game I’ve bought at launch, specifically because it was being advertised as a launch title for XBox Series X and PS5, and I bought it knowing that Ubisoft openly admitted that it would not be able to do 4K at 60FPS. I was even shocked to learn that not even PC players with the very best GPU hardware can make Valhalla run 4K at 60FPS... so I settled for what it was... a second-rate product for a first-rate console. This game is less than two weeks away from its one-year anniversary, and it’s still troubled by hundreds of bugs... I feel like it will never be polished as smooth as other AC games that no longer receive continual updates.

@thegardener25 Are you talking about the Dead Kings DLC for Unity? That expansion is an exceptional piece of work... I only wish they released another expansion that followed Arno years later during Napoleon’s reign as Emperor.

Suggested Topics