ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Adrian-11
    Original poster 896 posts

The season is kind of fun, and also a major headache (no, I will not write about the crashes).
    Especially during the Golden Bullet, it seems there are a lot of players online, some new, some returning for the event.
    The thing is the nastiness also went up in groups... people upset by what others are supposed to do or not do, how they play, why not reviving instantly, why asking for instant revive, going at each other in the chat box... a LOT of crap.
    Because the game doesn't let me review the players once they left the group, as a prevention I block the ones with nasty tendencies as soon as I catch a break... and wow, they never failed to disappoint, some in a big style. True, epic colors at the end.
    So, my blocked list keeps growing these days, and I find myself avoiding random groups even though I didn't have that many bad encounters in the past seasons.
    Anyone one else in the same boat?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• N3mB0t
    898 posts

@adrian-11

there is a sort of an etiquette that you pick up along all the hours playing this game , small things like using your skills to aid others , helping someone have a better build , being patient with new players , knowing how to sinergize with veterans , and so on...

this people you describe are exactly what you said , casuals who are more off than on , people who bought it just because it was cheap , they dont have a clue about the division universe , for them this is just another shooter where they are certainly leet SOBS who cant go down.

what? a bot killed me ? no way!!! revive me now!!! im ashameeeed !!! now!!!!! nOOOWWWWWWW!!!!

player disconected ...

TLDR : this will be a constant so dont give up grouping up because even if only 1 out 10 groups you get an awesome team it is still worth it.

as for the rest of them ... who cares , its their fault to loose me , not the other way around.

• Gabriel.Knight
    187 posts

@adrian-11 I answered a call for help for legendary, Lincoln Memorial. Thought this guy knew what he was doing. Anyways, he goes down, I get over and revive him. About 20 seconds later, I go down, he does nothing. Then he disconnects. I was so mad. I am wondering how to do the block at all. Could you elaborate on how to do that? I see that I can do it on UPlay, but this 'character' was not/will not be a friend EVER.

• Adrian-11

@brewz

Once they left, you can't block them, they are gone from the list.
    That's why I said it would be nice to have the option to block them after they left, which we don't have now.
    My "technique" was to observe the behavior and block the nasty ones preemptively... if it was uncalled for, you can unblock them at any time.

• echolecter
    276 posts

Don't forget this a game and not some real life situation where your life depends on your actions. I know some players think it is but it's best to take everything you see with bucket of salt. Some people only play for fun, they may or may not be drunk or under influence of other substances. But you will encounter the same sort of people as in real life, some are nice, others are just idiots. On my list there are zero as I prefer to simply leave groups that contain idiots of any sort, just let them figure it out themselves. Then match-make again and find another group that is fun to play with and has similar goals like yourself.

Not everyone plays the game with the same mindset. Personally I don't mind to go down during fights if my actions help the team progress through missions, even when they can't see what is actually going on. Sometimes you are simply the main target and no matter how good your build or play style is, you're toast and this can happen to anyone. These type of games also work counter productive in the way that new players are so far behind it can be frustrating for them so see well equipped players go about killing NPCs in a heartbeat. Something that is impossible for them to do at the stage they are in and need find better gear first.

But will say this to anyone that doesn't like other players in groups, don't stay just leave. Maybe you are the problem by not excepting others and the way they enjoy playing this game ... forget what happened and move on.

• Adrian-11

@echolecter

It was never about how they play the game, it was about the behavior on the chat and over audio.

For example, there was this older guy talking all the time about "pu55y", 2 out of 3 sentences... When he joined and started talking, everyone else when silent, and left the moment the mission was over.
    I didn't want to leave a mission more than half done, but also I don't want to run into that guy again.

And then there were the players going at each other, the toxic kind of going...
    Anyway, each to its own.

• Chunkie__Monkie
    53 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Chunkie__Monkie
    53 posts

@adrian-11 I answered a call for help for legendary, Lincoln Memorial. Thought this guy knew what he was doing. Anyways, he goes down, I get over and revive him. About 20 seconds later, I go down, he does nothing. Then he disconnects. I was so mad. I am wondering how to do the block at all. Could you elaborate on how to do that? I see that I can do it on UPlay, but this 'character' was not/will not be a friend EVER

There is no Legendary at Lincoln Memorial

• echolecter
    276 posts

@adrian-11

If this is all about voice chat you can actually disable it, first thing I did when I got the game. No in-game dialogs (ISAC just irritates me) and no VOIP either. They can curse, yell and talk thresh, call people names all day long I'm effected because I simply can't hear them. Problem solved. When playing with friends or clan members you can switched it on again, but for me text chat is enough. Stuff like: Wait for others? Go? Ready? Well done!

• Adrian-11

@echolecter

It's about both, audio and the chat box.
    And will not disable audio, or mess with the settings to accommodate asshats.
    For me, blocking is the solution.

• Gabriel.Knight
    187 posts

@chunkie__monkie You are correct - its only the strongholds - well, I know this, that when he left, and I was down. My restore was back at the beginning. So you tell me what that setting is. Thats one of the reasons why I was so mad

• Gabriel.Knight
    187 posts

@echolecter I went to Audio settings, I did not see how to mute ISAC I would like to do this as I am really tired of hearing Echo detected.

• xcel30
    796 posts

Didn't even know we could block people

• L3AND80
    71 posts

@Adrian-11 The same here, every day the blocked list gets a little bigger, some good players I saw, I don't see anymore. I thought it was imagination in my head, but apparently it isn't: Super Noobs season is on the rise...

@xcel30 Technically yes, but practically no, as blocked players on my list keep falling into groups I'm in, regardless of whether I joined first or if the blocked one joined first... the game's block is also buggy.

note: I want to make it clear that I have nothing against newbies or noobs, after all compared to other players I am also a noob, the difference is that I try to help the team as much as I can and I try to follow all the advice they give (if I have understood the message), the ones I criticize here are the Super Noobs, those who are stubborn and don't make any effort to improve, let alone help the team they are on. They usually have bad builds, and to build a build more or less in The Division 2 is easy... just know how to read and think a little, just "match" the equipment and weapons you will use with the talents and abilities that will use, or choose a weapon (DPS) or an ability (Technician or Tank) and work on this option, get equipment and skills that buff for the option you chose. The saddest thing is when I see someone using Chameleon or to Merciless just because they're exotic, with no buffs at all and the result is they're dropping every two minutes, the NPCs turning on you and you're dying too because you were trying to help him, this is the basics. But the Super Noobs think they're playing any kind of shooting game, where it's all about running out and shooting anything that moves.

• WrecK3rr
    301 posts

@adrian-11 Not that I haven't encountered such people, but I haven't blocked a single person ever.
    Probably cause that stuff doesn't bother me much. In fact quite entertaining at times. 😁
    Just as an audience though, I refrain from indulging into it as I avoid using Chat unless I really need to.

• Adrian-11

@wreck3rr

"Entertaining" is one angle to look at it. LOL!
    I guess it depends on the mood of the day.

• N3mB0t
    898 posts

@wreck3rr the glass half full , i like that aproach too👍

Suggested Topics