ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• kissybyc
    Original poster 7 posts

I ran into a bug that the smog effect from heavy industry doesn't load in my game. As can be seen from the screenshot, these furnaces are billowing smokes, but air around them are clear as day. I like having the smog effect giving a visual cue for pollution and an industrial feel. Without it the game just doesn't look right.

I tried disabling all mods, switching between DX11 and 12, and reloading saves. Nothing worked so far. This bug only showed up after the High Life DLC update. I did not run into this bug before.

After some additional testing, it seems that later smog effects would replace the earlier ones, so that when I first place down a heavy industry, its smog effect will load, but as I place down more and more, earlier industries no longer load their smog effect. Although the process is random.

Please help.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1693 posts

@kissybyc Hey there, if this only started after the update, have you tried verifying your game files to see if you run into the same results in-game? I would also try exhausting all steps from our PC Troubleshooting Guide to see if this may help. If you continue to have the same behavior in-game, please keep us posted to take a closer look into this with you. Thanks!

Official Response
  • xn-d
    7 posts

I have the same problem. I can pause and unpause heavy industry and the smog reappears but disappears again randomly if I restart more production buildings. It feels like if the game has certain limit of smog effects so it has to disable some of them. It's possible to have some smog effect after some fiddling if you make it appear once per cluster (2-4 heavy industry buildings) but it's definitely not like it was before.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1252 posts

Hey there folks.

If possible could you provide us with a video demonstrating this we could take a look at?

Official Response
  • xn-d
    7 posts
  • Mich_Leo
    8 posts
    @kissybyc Hey there, if this only started after the Half Life DLC update, have you tried verifying your game files to see if you run into the same results in-game? I would also try exhausting all steps from our PC Troubleshooting Guide to see if this may help. If you continue to have the same behavior in-game, please keep us posted to take a closer look into this with you. Thanks!

If only we could play Half Life in Anno🤣

• kissybyc
    Original poster 7 posts

@ubi-smash Can verify that updating GPU driver and verifying installation did not solve the problem for me. There still seems to be an uplimit for smog effects.

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@kissybyc Thank you for getting back to us and sorry to hear that this troubleshooting did not work. I have gone ahead and reported this to the dev team along with the image and video you provided.

Once there is an update we will reach back out, thank you.

• kissybyc
    Original poster 7 posts

@ubi-viral Hello! It has been a month since I submitted this bug report. Any updates? Is the bug acknowledged? Is a patch/fix coming? Thanks.

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 967 posts

Hey @kissybyc,

Thank you for your patience.

I have taken a look and the team will require some additional details to help the investigation if possible. Please provide these directly to us and not over the forums for your security.

• Please could you share with us your save file, this can be located in the following location - %userprofile%\Documents\Anno 1800\accounts.
    • A copy of both your DxDiag and MsInfo files
    • A screenshot of your in game Graphical Options

These additions can be shared with us directly, I have opened a case so you can attach these to the case. You will find this case by logging into our support website.

Many thanks

Official Response

Suggested Topics