ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SofaJockey
    Original poster 372 posts

So what's the situation with you regarding Far Cry 6?

• Have you pre-ordered? Are you just counting the days?
    • Are you waiting for reviews?
    • Do you plan to jump in later, if it's good and after a price drop?, or
    • Do you intend to skip this one?

For myself, I have my Xbox copy pre-ordered and sitting teasing me on my Series X. This hits my sweet-spot. Large open world with 3rd person cutscenes and some cuteness and mayhem for good measure.

What about you? 😊

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• LaMOi
    162 posts

I’m definitely waiting.

I need to know what health system is in play. As I can’t stand regenerating health. That’s just me.

Theres other red flags for me too with this game that I’m needing to know more on before I’m drop my hard earned cash..

And i’ve been burned too many times and £60 is a lot of money.

I bought AC Valhalla on launch day spent over 60 quid on that game, and I hardly play it now because there’s too many problems with it, least of all the sheer amount of bugs and glitches that just ruin the experience.

So I’m definitely waiting — I wanna read the reviews, and make sure the gameplay elements are there for my preferred playstyle.

If not I might pass.

So far the gameplay that I’ve seen is not blowing me away, it looks decent enough, but it is so incredibly similar to what we’ve seen before.

Now, for someone like me that’s usually not a problem. If I enjoy a game I don’t want them to change the gameplay too much.

But here lies the biggest problem with Ubisoft’s frequency of game releases. Most other games maybe have a sequel or two, that’s it.
    With a lot of Ubisoft franchises, we’re on sequel number 6 or number 7, or more…. So the level of fatigue with particular Ubisoft franchises is gonna be a hell of a lot higher than most other games out there.
    And if like me you’ve played most of the previous ones — it’s understandable that you might be getting a bit bored of them now.

its to Ubisoft’s credit, the strong foundations they’ve laid with a lot of their franchises, that even though there are multiple sequels, the games remain pretty fun. But like I say that seems to be more down to the strong foundations laid perhaps 3-4 games back than anything specific in the current instalment.

• Ludogator
    15 posts

Pre-ordered a hard PC copy. I'm having a great time with the series since FC3 so it has its place on the shelf. I'm sure the quality won't fall below unacceptable level, and for me it's clear that devs are reading the forum and listen to suggestions, when I see trailers showing wicked ideas that I've seen earlier on the forum.

Maybe when FC9 will be released, I'll finally have a chance to ride cars faster 😀

• KrayZee_
    95 posts

@sofajockey I pre-ordered the collector's edition on Xbox Series X a long time ago, but I will be playing Far Cry 6 on PC through Ubisoft+

• BackPa-CZ
    13 posts

I will preorder Collector edition if it can be send to Czech. If not, I will buy it in local shop. Now I am waiting, because I am thinking if buy on PC or on PS5.

• LaMOi
    162 posts

@backpa-cz

no RAY TRACING on consoles. Which sucks.

I’ll be getting on consoles.

• Izi_
    45 posts

I pre-ordered for PC.
    This is first person shooter so mouse and keyboard is the only right way to play it 😉

• azullFR
    2233 posts

Even if I am a great fan of Far Cry 3 and 4, wich I played 4 to 5 times each, even if I liked Far-Cry 5, and more, Far-Cry New Dawn :
    I will wait to find Far Cry 6 on second hand market = legal, cheaper + no royalties for Ubi ... =
    I already gave too much money to Ubi Company = Pre-ordered AC Valhalla Ultimate Edition at Full Price...for a Full bugged and still non-finished gameplay, so, taking the risk to undergo the same disappointements = No way.
    Thus, I really hope the ones who will buy Far Cry 6 at full price will enjoy it ! 🙂
    (Far Cry is more reliable than AC Odyssey but I wil stick with my position as a reminder to Ubi)

• SofaJockey
    Original poster 372 posts

"my position as a reminder to Ubi"

A fine position to hold. 👍
    I'm not quite there myself, but I wouldn't rule it out if nothing changes. 🤔

• gunneysean1992
    1 posts

Was initially gonna pre-order the game for PC on the 1st, But, my hours were cut so that plan kind of fell through for the time being. I compromised and got Ubisoft+ so I can play it on launch and pay $16. I may just keep the service and wait to be able to buy the Ultimate Edition of the game outright. Got a interview tomorrow at a job that pays roughly the same, promises more hours and allows me to work at home. Hope I get it.

• hortys_99
    18 posts

Haven't pre-ordered as I find such actions to be wholly unnecessary, however I do plan on picking it up. From what I've seen of the game it's clear there are a number of elements and changes I'm not particularly a fan of, but generally I think it looks like a good time. The few legitimate new weapons they've added seem to mostly be decent to good, I'm glad to see a machete again and previously omitted takedowns restored (though a little bummed they don't appear to have been expanded upon.) I have my reservations about the lack of a skill tree and how well perks on gear will work, and I straight up don't like the alternate ammo types situation atnd having to access workbenches to change them. I know that's going to be annoying already. We'll see though, I think at this point it'd be hard for them to make a FC game I like less than the last couple...

• modmcsupersport
    14 posts

Waiting to see what they do with the combat, and story in FC6. If they trend in the New Dawn direction, it will be a buy on steep sale, if they are more like FC5 in combat then it will be a buy sometime soon depending on the story. There are things I like about what they showed, and there are things that are red flags for me....since I have been playing FC since FC1, it is a bit of a shame to not have it as a pre-order.

• rickidoo2010
    141 posts

Pre-Ordered the base game. Never met a FC game I did not enjoy... except primal and blood dragon. But all the rest, yes. On top of that - these are not "normal times", and I need a diversion. Looks like October will be a month worthy of forgetting. Looking forward to the game.

FC 5 base game was the least enjoyed full game, but even that gave me plenty of entertainment.

What I did not pre-order was the DLC season pass... because I absolutely hated 2 out of 3 FC 5 DLC's... the zombies and the mars thing. I really felt taken... like I had been tricked by the company. So I decided I would not be taken by crappy DLC's again. I'll wait and see on those.

• BackPa-CZ
    13 posts

@lamoi And do you have GPU with RT? I do not have, so I not care because I do not will have it even on PC.

• desolate-master
    1 posts

i have preordered it but if it turns out to be another hyper monetized DLC like new dawn i will be getting a refund i am sick of ubisoft games ripping me off as any div2 uc owners will attest

• KrayZee_
    95 posts
    i have preordered it but if it turns out to be another hyper monetized DLC like new dawn i will be getting a refund i am sick of ubisoft games ripping me off as any div2 uc owners will attest

You do realize that you can obtain everything in the game store without spending a real life penny?

• rickidoo2010
    141 posts

@desolate-master I played through New Dawn twice without spending a real penny and had a fab time doing it and I am not that great of a player. If anyone is reading this that has not played through new dawn the combat in particular is a ton of fun.

• hortys_99
    18 posts

@rickidoo2010 Wait you liked New Dawn but not blood dragon?

• Markaccus
    37 posts

I pre ordered it. The reason being is i actually enjoyed the gameplay in FC5 (the source of all the issues i had with it was the endings and the forced capture nonsense).. The focus on finding stuff through exploration and talking to npc's, the weapon aquisition system, where stat boosted signature weapons were gone, and you had to spend your silver bars on the special skinned versions instead if you wanted them earlyish in game. It encouraged you to focus on the weapons that suited your gameplay style rather than just grinding towers and outposts to unlock everything. FC6 looks like the same again on that front. Add in the makeshift weapons from New Dawn, which gives a bit of a make do and mend feel, particularly early on in the game, I cant wait. I just hope the back packs are nerfed, as a couple of youtubers have suggested they are a bit overpowered.

• olalaquebien
    69 posts

Waiting because of Denuvo, of course. FC5 has been my favourite in the series and the first one to buy day1, but I will not be doing that again just as a mere matter of self-respect this time. Gonna wait and see how things are going first

Suggested Topics