ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• JBBoding
    Original poster 5 posts

Since update 12.1 the issue I have is "Tree Painter"... you can't plant them next to roads or buildings. I thought the update was to stop the game DELETING trees planted, not to disallow them being planted in the first place. 😢

I've loved this game so much more since having tree ornaments on a better grass colour (although "Temperate Grove" tree 16/16 is still stuck on the original grass colour) and I hope people are looking forward to Green Game Jam as much as I am!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 967 posts

Hey @jbboding,

Sorry to hear that you encounter this.

Would it be at all possible to share with us a video so we can see exactly what you see?

Many thanks

Official Response
  • baraterek
    22 posts

@jbboding
    Read anno-union release notes - it had to e done like this because of game engine limitation. Now there is no way to plant trees near roads/buildings. Maybe in the future we'll get more tree ornaments.

• JBBoding
    Original poster 5 posts

@Ubi-WheelyDuck

This is how it appears when I'm trying to place in the one square next to some houses. It appears the same as it does when directly over a genuine obstruction.

Cheers muchly

• JBBoding
    Original poster 5 posts

@Ubi-WheelyDuck

(I have a video to show this but it won't let me upload it)

• Ubi-Thorlof
    Anno 2070 Playtesters Community Developer 248 posts
    @jbboding
    Read anno-union release notes - it had to e done like this because of game engine limitation. Now there is no way to plant trees near roads/buildings. Maybe in the future we'll get more tree ornaments.

Yes, what baraterek said.

Here's the full quote from our latest blog: (https://anno-union.com/union-update-pedestrian-zone-pack-game-update-12-1/):
    "As stated in the Release Notes, trees can now not be placed next to roads and buildings anymore (i.e., the places where they would disappear from after loading). 
    The reason for this is, that the game automatically removes trees etc. close to buildings to make sure they’re not “growing” into the building model itself. You can already see that when you place a building or a road somewhere: Vegetation nearby is automatically removed. Upon loading, the game does this check again and removes vegetation that is too close to a building. So, to avoid that you can place trees in these spots which would lead to them disappearing after loading, these spots are now blocked automatically. 
    We are investigating options to add more ornamental trees in a future update. "

Official Response
  • JBBoding
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubi-thorlof

Okie dokey,

It would be lovely if computers were easier to programme! 😛 Green Game Jam could be a lot prettier if it happens by then.

Thanks everyone!

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2980 posts

No worries jbboding thanks for being a good sport about this decision on tree placements. Should you need any other help or you come across anything that you think may not be working as intended, just pop another post in the forum. Take care friend.

Official Response

Suggested Topics