ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ModalThread611
    Original poster 140 posts

How is this even in the game? Why can an a tank build kill a player tossing traps? This shows how traps can kill a player with 1.9 million armor and 70% explosive resistance? Here is a video of how it works.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Adrian-11
    881 posts

@modalthread611

This makes me happy, perhaps will discourage the chicken dance in 5 meter circle, which I absolutely loathe.
    Keep your distance, dancing chickens!

• ModalThread611

@adrian-11 Makes you happy using a build that is obviously broken and should not work this way. Good to know.

• Adrian-11
    881 posts

@modalthread611

You may be calling this "fun", I call it [censored] that should never happen.

• ModalThread611

@adrian-11 That has nothing to with why I am here informing them a broken build. Movement in the game is fine. It has been nerfed more then enough.

• Noxious81
    828 posts

At least for me both of you are right.

#1: The Shrapnel Trap surly is broken for PvP and should not be that effective without having invested in Skill Tiers.

#2: Chicken dancing is a plague and should not be thing in a coverbased shooter in a Tom Clancy IP. But I guess that's something PvP players will do as long as the movement allows them to – so maybe chicken dancing is a Division equivalent to jumping around in other PvP games...

• Adrian-11
    881 posts

@modalthread611

It's the anti-chicken trap, and required quite some skill to get the chikens.

• Adrian-11
    881 posts

@noxious81

I know #1 is broken, it seems it will be fixed soon (too late anyway).
    But #2 sucks the life from any pvp shooter for me. Been there, done that, and it's just not fun at all.

• TxDieselKid
    289 posts

Chicken dancing has been in the game since Div 1. Not saying that makes it "ok", just that I don't see a way to get rid of it really.....

• Adrian-11
    881 posts

@txdieselkid

Not saying it's wrong or it shouldn't be allowed.
    All I'm saying is that is not fun for me and I hate it. Using the trap to break that s#it circle.

• ModalThread611

@adrian-11 Imagine wall bouncing and weird looking jumping. This is much better for the game. The issue is traps and the lack of a skill tier to be able to wipe an entire team. I made the build and killed 7 players easily and did it over and over. I am shocked how easy these builds are to use. I could spend 20 minutes with you and teach you how to move. Still I will take strafing over wall bouncing and the stupid jumping like fortnite.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5802 posts

Hello there!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding the Shrapnel Trap, specifically when used as part of a PVP build. Thank you for taking the time to share a video as well, @ModalThread611.

I've passed this along to the dedicated game team for a closer look. I can see that we have already shared feedback with them regarding this trap for further consideration as well.

For future updates, I recommend keeping an eye out within the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • ModalThread611
    This post is deleted!
  • volleyweb
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis

hello, unfortunately there was no news, after 2 months, to understand if the use of traps as described in the initial post is a glitch or not. Would it be possible to specify if Ubisoft would like to use them as glitches?

Sorry my google translator english 🙂

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3723 posts

Hi @ModalThread611 @volleyweb

@ModalThread611 I have been looking into the issue with the shrapnel trap damage, and apparently this should have been resolved in TU12 last year. I noticed that the videos in this thread were from 2020 which was before the fix.

TU14 was released in December, can you please confirm if you are still experiencing issues with the shrapnel trap damage? If so could you please provide a new video to demonstrate this and I will report it to the development team to investigate.

@volleyweb As mentioned in my reply to ModalThread611, this issue should have been resolved last year in TU12. The last post on this thread was in September 2021 and the videos posted were from 2020 before the fix was applied, therefore there has been another title update released since which was TU14 in December.

I have asked if the issue with shrapnel trap damage is still present in-game. If you are experiencing this yourself could you also provide a video to demonstrate this please and I will report it to the development team to investigate.

Official Response
  • volleyweb
    2 posts

@ubi-keo

the damage you see in the video is always present in the game. The trap thrown at the player instantly kills anyone. If we have to provide videos we do it but everyone knows that this problam in pvp is on the agenda. We want to know, i speak in the plural since we are Italian comunity of over 100 player, if ubisoft considers this a glitch or not. TY.

• l-whyUcry-l
    9 posts

@ubi-keo good afternoon, with @volleyweb we made this short video just to show that despite wearing a tank build, just using a skill tier higher than 0 (1 or 2 is usually enough for kill everyone) you can kill every player, also if he wear an explosive resistance build.
    Basically, when you throw the traps on a player instead of directly on the ground, they will explode all together, providing an amount of damage too high to allow any player to survive. The same does not happens in PvE, because if you throw the traps on a npc, only one trap will explode avoiding the npc to die. Moreover, when you throw the traps to kill a player and he die, as you can see from the video, the game consider that the player killed himself, strongly suggesting us the possibility that we are facing a glitch instead of something considered to be part of the game. I hope that you can make something to solve the issue.
    I uploaded the video on YT at the following link:

Another video showing how people dies, despite not showing build is:https://streamable.com/ox8y1g: (https://streamable.com/ox8y1g)

Thanks

• ModalThread611

@ubi-keo The exact same thing is happening now. Nothing has changed. You can toss traps on any build regardless of blues, reds or yellows. The result is the same. No one has made a new video since nothing has changed. If you have traps and you toss them on a player it says you downed yourself and with all blues it can kill an entire team. I once dropped 6 people all at once. 1.7 million armor and a toss of traps and 6 players downed themselves. I am not sure what else you need? The video shows what is broken and has not changed. Why would 1.7 million armor be able to toss shrapnel traps and wipe an entire team?

• ModalThread611

@ubi-keo Not only that with the last update the rigger glitch and ladder invisibility glitch is back. So you can blanket an area with traps again.

• L96_IIBuRnSII
    15 posts

@Ubi-Keo Christ. The fact that you actually asked for game clips it crazy. When EVERYONE knows they are broken...

Shrapnel traps have been broken from the day the were introduced into the game... Go on twitch, youtube, these forums and you wouldve seen this by now.

The very fact that this thread is over 3 months old and the traps are STILL broken 🤣🤣 like what more do you want us to do?

Write it in Braile or what?

The aim Assist on the fire sticky. The Shrapnel traps. The pve skill damage coming into pvp.

Just crazy 😂😂 been broken for over a year and your asking for proof. Yikes.

Suggested Topics