Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ADarklore
    Original poster 175 posts

So the game director said that 1) they still don't know how NG+ will work for Valhalla (which IMO this should have been considered pre-development as NG+ is a standard feature these days), and 2) that it would probably be one of the last things added to the game. Yet, considering that they plan to add another year of content, so this would mean NG+ won't be available for another year!!

This makes me think that the game director doesn't understand WHY people use NG+. He talked about how to make it 'offer' something to players... but if he understood why people use NG+, it isn't for new features, it isn't for new things it is solely to replay the QUESTS with the gear, currency, and items we spent HUNDREDS of hours in the game to acquire. We DO NOT want to have to endure that grind again, we just want to play from the beginning with our cool stuff, PERIOD. I don't need MORE things or DIFFERENT things, that isn't my incentive for NG+, my incentive is to play from the beginning without the grind attached. GRIND doesn't make me want to play, it makes me NOT want to play!!

I feel that delaying NG+, more and more people are going to LEAVE Valhalla behind and never return! Considering all the bugs that still plague this game, and considering the negative reviews and thoughts on this game currently, it would behoove UBI to add NG+ sooner rather than later, to try and KEEP players playing until new content. Because as of now, once I finish this game, I may well NOT return... not until NG+ is added at least. With NG+, at least I'd have all my stuff... so it would at least make the bugs and other negatives of this game a bit more tolerable.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• JCar4327
    635 posts

@adarklore I must agree with you on this. I just don't understand how they can overlook a feature like NG+ and have no plan in place before the game even launches. I was asking way back before the game even launched if they were going to have this feature; and, of course, got the same old response of we will pass this along. I mean come on, this was a highly requested feature in the first two games in the series, why wouldn't they even make a plan to add it?

• KmarkoPL
    276 posts

@adarklore You can say what you want !
    But this is Devs and director decision when and how they will implement the game features, NOT YOURS !!
    And no raging or bragging about it will change that, or they mind !!

• CyCzarn
    17 posts

@adarklore Agreed, NG+ is probably the most important feature to add

• As1r0nimo
    113 posts

The problem with NG+ in Valhalla is that you have all the gear. There is nothing else to discover.
    Imo. Shadow of War type of NG+, where you simply replay missions/chapters - would be better for this AC game.

• CyCzarn
    17 posts

@as1r0nimo In every gear chest they should just swap it out for more tunksten or silver. I still have a lot of weapons and gear that need to be upgraded.

• JCar4327
    635 posts

@cyczarn That would probably be the simplest solution. The game should be able to recognize if that chest was opened in an earlier play through and replace the contents with supplies. And, @As1r0nimo has a point that NG+ only allowing you to play through the missions again would probably be better than what we had in the earlier games.

• Kormac67
    820 posts

Gear chests could just drop the gear fully upgraded, replacing the existing gear. Like in Odyssey when you can upgrade your gear to 99 for free by finding it again in NG+.
    But who cares. Just let us play the story again.

• DuskDragon56496
    382 posts

@kmarkopl I fail to see how wanting new game plus and giving legitimate reasons for wanting it are raging or bragging, as bad of a game as Valhalla is the devs and director should be grateful anyone still wants to play it! After fleecing people for $25 for that last 6 hour dlc which is more similar to a seasonal event than an actual dlc, Ubisoft should be thrilled every player didn't delete the game on the spot!!! A game filled with reskins and repetition is hardly worthy of even having new game plus. Many of the problems with Valhalla have been going on since the date of release with very little effort on the parts of the devs or the director to even bother fixing them, but I guess that's their decision. Luckily, with you here to defend Ubisoft for everything from mtx to game bugs, hey why bother doing anything with the game at all right? Who knows maybe theirs a job in it for ya!!!!!! 😉

• JCar4327
    635 posts

@kormac67 I think that is the main point for most people that play NG+ is just replaying the story with all the goodies they got from the first run. I know personally I could care less about getting anything new from playing through again.

• DuskDragon56496
    382 posts

@jcar4327 The director stating they would rather concentrate on new content rather than new game plus really doesn't make any sense, think about it, when they do release a new event or dlc, they usually aren't long enough to last more than a day or so anyway, so then you're waiting for months again before anything new comes along. At least with new game plus people can keep themselves interested until new content actually does come along, which in Valhalla has been few and far between and very underwhelming!!!!

• Lysvander
    96 posts

And then you have Fenyx Rising with NG+ right off the bat. I thought an NG+ feature would be something standard these days. And it would keep some people busy when you develop new content.

Extra things in an NG+ could be offered, but as said, that's not the reason we do another run.

• longjohn119
    784 posts

@adarklore Well you have to remember the original game director quit, then was eventually fired and apparently took the plans with him ..... Frankly I think Ismail dropped the ball on this one long before he was fired .... No swords, broken aim assist, clunky switching of bows, Completely over did it by making nearly every chest a puzzle .... The world events are boring and after you do a couple of territories and gain some ability points aren't even worth doing because you don't need the ability points anymore so I only end up doing one or two per territory and only if they happen to be right in front of me. However if you don't do them you can't find any of the Daughters of Lerion or the Lost Drengrs but having to do 20 stupid world events for every worthwhile one just isn't worth the time and effort in a game that already takes at least 130 hours to complete skipping most of that stuff

• ADarklore

@longjohn119 I think one of the biggest problems is they wanted to be 'different' from the other two... which in itself shows they don't have a clue as to what players LIKE and DISLIKE. Odyssey was by far it's most loved edition, and yet THIS team felt they needed to deviate from a successful version instead of modeling Valhalla after Odyssey. While Odyssey did have its detractors, they were by and large a minority of players and not a majority. Odyssey I have replayed with NG+ about six times... yet so much of Valhalla feels like a huge step backwards in comparison.

Because they chose to 'be different', I'm sure this is also part of the reason why the game is a hot mess. Instead of being different in a few places, they decided to be different almost completely... which left the game with honestly no direction, because they were too busy trying to be 'different'. If anyone on this leadership team understood human nature, they would realize that the majority of humans DO NOT like change, and giving us a completely different game compared to the one most of us loved, while at the same time giving us a game that had no direction, no consistency, and riddled with bugs... what did they expect?!?

I still have to say that I believe this particular UBI team is incompetent. There are many obvious reasons I say that is... but in particular, if you go an ENTIRE YEAR and you still cannot fix your game properly, players still fighting the same bugs and glitches, while at the same time the game devs are mostly focusing on future content versus finding permanent fixes for long-term bugs... that to me is incompetency. When you have a game director saying they have 'no idea' how to implement a standard game feature- that is incompetency. And IMO, it shows a complete lack of understanding or prioritization of what gamers playing this game truly WANT from the game. He seems to believe players only want NEW stuff, he doesn't seem to grasp that many many players want LONGEVITY from a game- and that means being able to replay the game while not having to endlessly grind like we have to when starting over. AC Valhalla is NOT an MMO, so the game director needs to stop trying to treat it as one! Then again, even FFXIV offers NG+!!! Go figure.

• Waynedal
    4 posts

I'd say maybe, MAYBE add a few NG+ collectibles and/or items like in with God of War. Maybe even further improved gear.

I'm not asking much, just that maybe Ubisoft could add this to the game? At least then NG+ would make sense for those who want to get a real kick out of it.

Or that's what I think, anyway

• longjohn119
    784 posts

@adarklore I agree but the problem was there is a very noisy minority of players that hated Odyssey and Ubisoft mistakenly took them as a majority .... It's one of the biggest problems with the Internet the last 20 years since it became popular (I've had Internet access since September 1991 and actually took part in many of the RFCs that eventually defined the Internet and the World Wide Web) is that it takes a noisy minority and amplifies them and makes them appear as a majority when it's not even close. Ubisoft obviously fell into that trap and when you ask for suggestions on the Internet you have to take them with a grain of salt because unhappy people are much more vocal than those that are content and happy.

For instance many were asking to bring back puzzles like in the Ezio trilogy which on the surface is a good idea but Ubisoft took that to an extreme and put nearly every single chest behind a puzzle of sorts so it's just become drudgery and a grind. For instance instead of grabbing chests as you go through a city or monastery battle you have to kill everyone and then take the time to figure out the puzzles to gain access to the chests. Sometimes you have to go back later and fight an entire garrison all over again just to get the 2 or 3 chests you missed. The Mysteries are another over done grind fest because you have to do 10 or more to get to the one interesting one that rewards you with something special. I've probably skipped 90% of them and it's still taken me 140 hours to complete the 5 story threads (Main story, Asgard, Order of Ancients, conquer England and modern day)

• pesto.
    181 posts

I love the idea of NG+ and even +++, but there’s just no joy to it when you only get a repeat performance with you fully upgraded. Games like Nioh get this right, raising the challenge for NG+ modes, adding new unlockables and even loadouts, changing the enemy kinds and layouts so that it’s not a simple retread.

• Kormac67
    820 posts
    the problem was there is a very noisy minority of players that hated

@longjohn119 Yeah, problem with all gaming franchises. Diablo 4 is going downhill as well because of the Diablo 2 loudmouth crowd who want a verbatim copy of their 20 year old crap game.
    Here we have the crowd who ignore all the blatant problems with the game and keep whining "all I want is one handed hoods and keeping my sword up in combat".

• Jin_Bambino
    8 posts

i have two mysteries that do not appear and keeps me from getting my last two achievements so NG+ can be a great help in my case.

• ADarklore

@pesto This is one area that Odyssey did well... they planned out their skill point allocations well. They broke the stats down by category, so you have a TON of skill stats you can fill before you run out. Even on my SIXTH play through of Odyssey with NG+, I still haven't filled all the stat slots. IMO, Odyssey is just a fun game to play. So many things I love about the game... so few I love about Valhalla.

I love the dual wielding, and thought it was dumb that Odyssey didn't have a SHIELD option, even though... ancient Sparta/Greece were all about shields. I get the 'broken spear' aspect, BUT, they could have made it an option (leave off-hand free to use spear or equip shield).

Puzzles... I absolutely HATE puzzles. I just don't have the patience for them- cairns... oh heck no!! I've done a few, but give up if it takes me more than three tries to get it. Other puzzles, I typically have my iPad handy to look them up on YouTube. I don't play action RPG games for puzzles, I play for the combat, exploration and quests.

I just feel like instead of giving us a HUGE open space (which a vocal minority whined about being TOO big) which left us spending hours to explore- which I loved... they decided instead of hours exploring, we'd spend hours doing PUZZLES, or trying to figure out stupid 'World Events', etc. IMO, Valhalla is a GRIND akin to an MMO, whereas Odyssey is a journey.

Suggested Topics