ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DutchLMB4ever
    Original poster 303 posts

For new exotics in Div2.
    Or all exotics in Div3 (if we get that).
    RNG is still there for other players ofcourse.
    But this is for unlucky players that have to farm weeks/months for 1 item.
    Players that want the satisfaction to be rewarded for having skills.
    There is nothing like that in Div2 right now.

- You have to do a mission with a challenge to get the Exotic.
    - Every exotic has their own challenge.
    - Challenge can only be done in Heroic world.
    - The challenge has to be done in one go.
    - Every challenge can only be done once (per character?).
    - The challenge should be really hard to complete.
    - Only for solo players (so nobody can be carried) this way it's really YOU who accomplished it.
    - Every exotic gained by the challenge comes with an exclusive weapon skin/gear dye, so you can show off that you got it by being skilled. (It only looks different, it doesn't have better stats)

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    Rewards for being skilled

They're called backpack trophies and patches

• DutchLMB4ever

@dagrommit lol
    No one looks at a arm patch or bag bling.
    Not even players themselfs look at theirs...
    Plus, most of the bagblings/arm patches you get by just playing the game.
    Wouldn't call them rewards for being skilled...
    They are participation trophies as well. 😉
    All but 3. (sort of... I guess)
    1 is The Hunter axe bling (but you can kill them on the lowest world tier with 3 buddies, so not really a reward for being skilled yourself)
    The other 2 are raid patches, that you get if no one goes down in the raid.
    But that also depends on 7 other people, not just you so... same thing.

At least some people look at your guns (and gear) even if it's only too see what you are using.
    But when they see you have an Exotic weapon/gear piece in a different colour that can't be bought, they know you can hold your own.

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    No one looks at a arm patch or bag bling.
    Not even players themselfs look at theirs..

That must be why nobody walks around with the default SHD patch 👀 Regardless, the point is there are already mechanisms for rewarding specific achievements. Masks can also be included in that category.

But when they see you have an Exotic weapon/gear piece in a different colour that can't be bought, they know you can hold your own.

15 views, zero votes. That should be a clue about how many want to show off how sweaty they are.

• DutchLMB4ever

@dagrommit
    Never looked at people's arm patches like you apparently always do so I don't know that.
    They probably change it once to whatever they think looks cool at that moment and never look back at it.
    The point is their are no "trophies" for having skills.
    Again hunter masks can be obtained in normal tier as well.
    Point is if you did them solo, with all directives, in heroic tier...You don't stand out to someone that did it on normal tier with 3 friends.

15 views,150 or 150K, 1 vote or 1000 votes doesn't matter, just wanted to make a poll.
    Lmmfao
    As if the 20 votes (at max) a poll normally gets on this forum, is the whole player base.

I already knew that it wouldn't get many votes.
    Nowadays everyone wants to have participation trophies for everything.
    Even tho it is perfectly normal that if you are really good at something that you get rewarded for it.
    In this case a 100% Exotic drop with an exclusive skin.
    It's not better in anyway it only looks different.
    And its obtained tru skills instead of RNG.

So the way I see it is:
    Those 20 votes, already know they can't do it.
    And didn't vote No because they don't want to admit to the participation trophy bit.
    And because of that, others can't have it either.

Next

• N3mB0t
    843 posts

im helping you here with a vote in favour.

cant say i dont love my arm patch now that im above 7k and started getting skulls on it.

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    zero votes. That should be a clue about how many want to show off how sweaty they are.

Correction - that should be a clue about how many care about others showing off how sweaty they are.

Still at least you're up to one sympathy vote for both👍 I'll upvote your thread for participating in the forum too.

• AngryPandaNr1
    58 posts

@dutchlmb4ever Sounds good to me, but what would be a good challenge?

• Skys01_
    8 posts

weII thats how they made it for ridge way pride,diamond back so chiII out

• DutchLMB4ever

@skys01_
    Ridgeway came only close to a challenge.
    But you could do that in months of time and in anyway you want. (No challenge about it)

Diamondback was complete kenly college (which was only a challenge because its too boring to finish)

Im guessing you meant Nemesis and that was, deconstruct this sniper and kill these 3-4 bosses.
    also in anyway you want and completed in as much time as you need. (also no challenge)

• DutchLMB4ever

@angrypandanr1
    I don't know but an idea out of the top of my head:

(Let's say a mission has 50 enemies in it.
    And in this mission you can get an Exotic sniper)

- Kill 10 enemies with the sniper turret.
    - kill 20 enemies with headshots. (Using 4 specific sniper rifles)
    - Blind & kill 10 enemies while they are pulsed.
    - Kill 9 enemies while they are distracted by your decoy.
    - kill (1) the boss by only shooting the legs.
    - Complete it without going down.
    - Complete it within a certain time limit.

The last 2 are in every challenge.
    The rest is different per Exotic.

• AngryPandaNr1
    58 posts

@dutchlmb4ever
    Oke, so you need to kill in specific ways and if you killed one to much or one less you lose.
    It could be more challenging if the challenge changes per couple minutes.
    Like the first 2 minutes it's kill 10 with sniper turret.
    The second 2 it goes to kill 20 with specific snipers. Etc
    And when a challenge is done the switch timer goes faster, where the last 2 challenges switch every 10 seconds.

• Virtual-Chris
    798 posts

@dutchlmb4ever and @AngryPandaNr1
    I’m glad you guys don’t work at Massive 😛

• Noxious81
    828 posts
    (...)
    - Kill 10 enemies with the sniper turret.
    - kill 20 enemies with headshots. (Using 4 specific sniper rifles)
    - Blind & kill 10 enemies while they are pulsed.
    - Kill 9 enemies while they are distracted by your decoy.
    - kill (1) the boss by only shooting the legs.
    - Complete it without going down.
    - Complete it within a certain time limit. (...)

To be honest: this has nothing to do with being rewarded with exotics because someone is skilled. Except of the last two tasks, all of the above listed are basically just an occupational therapy, but not a real challenge or merely hard to. This rather reads to me like a suggestion to have all exotics drop for everyone, easily and guaranteed.

Additionally, I really appreciate that you are coming up with own ideas – alas I think that you might not have thought them through completely. Because a lot of things which you are proposing will most probably annoy and [censored] of certain folks the same way as the current ways to obtain exotics do:

"Kill 10 enemies with the sniper turret." and "Kill 9 enemies while they are distracted by your decoy.":
    "Why are you forcing me to use skills and Specializations I don't like? Why do you lock exotics behind such ridiculous, tedious, and unfun activities?"

"Kill 20 enemies with headshots. (Using 4 specific sniper rifles)"
    "Why do you force us to farm for specific guns for this? With this stupid RNG I will never find the gun I need. Also why are you forcing us to play with a specific type of weapon? Why can't I use rifles or ARs for this? This is so lame!"

"Blind & kill 10 enemies while they are pulsed."
    "How am I supposed to blind and pulse enemies at the same time? Who came up with that stupid idea? This is so hard to do as a solo player. Why do you hate solo players so much?"

"Kill (1) the boss by only shooting the legs."
    "Hit registration sucks so hard on this game! The boss moves so fast how are we supposed to do this? This is totally impossible when the boss does a combat roll when being shot at. Who came up with this stupid idea?"

"Complete it without going down." and "Complete it within a certain time limit."
    "Why is this on heroic only? This is way too difficult. Make it like the speedruns during the leagues so that any agent can do this on hard difficulty!"

• DutchLMB4ever

@noxious81
    I did say it's of the top of my head tho.
    I thought of it while writing the response so they are indeed not thought out completely (at all).
    (Also I don't get paid for the idea's so I'm not gonna think of every little detail.
    If it's Easy, OP or too hard/annoying, the devs should balance it.)
    And true people will complain (like always!!).

"Why force us to use specific skills and specializations"
    If every challenge is, use whatever you want it's not a challenge anymore.
    It's not locked behind activities, there is still RNG.
    (Devs will change it to something too easy and it becomes projects 2.0)

"Farm Specific guns, use specific weapon type"
    Farming so you can't get all the exotics right after you hit the max level.
    Specific weapon type to get the Exotic version for it.
    (The rifles and AR complain is accurate lol.
    Devs will change it to any gun you want)

"How to blind&pulse, why hate solo players"
    Use talents and skills little boooooy!!
    It is hard because it's for skilled players.
    (But devs think that "the normally skilled players" are the ones that complain and actually listen.
    And then the challenge becomes a "just complete these 3 missions and you get it" project.)

"Hit registration, moves to fast, combat roll"
    The hit registration I get.
    (destroy leg armor before headshot killing him might be better.)
    Use foam or other skills to stop him from moving.
    Dont shoot him while he rolls, get to know his movements before you do the challenge.
    (Devs change it to kill him anyway you want)

"Why on heroic only"
    Again it's for skilled players that are *skilled enough* to do it on heroic.
    Not for players that still have a really hard time on hard/challenge mode.
    (But devs will make it for hard indeed, because hard mode is for players that are too "skilled" for story/normal mode so in a way they are skilled too.)

• DutchLMB4ever

@virtual-chris lol
    It's not for everyone.

Suggested Topics