Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• deku_14All
    Original poster 4 posts

I am facing a lot of these graphical issues like the pic attached. Somedays I encounter them after an hour of playing and sometimes it appears within 5-10min. I am not sure the issue seems similar to this https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/99828/game-breaking-graphical-issues/18?lang=en-US. 
    In the forum, some say to revert the update but I cannot do that since the issue seems to be only with Division 2, not any other games installed currently on my system. 

Please provide some information on how to fix it or if the devs are working on any fix.

My current system specs are:
    processor - AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics 2.90 GHz
    RAM - 16.0 GB DDR4
    OS - Windows 10 Home Single Language 21H1
    Graphics card - Nvidia GeForce 2060 RTX
    NVidia driver ver. - 472.12
    Division 2 patch ver. - 1.12

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• TK105
    27 posts
    * I'm Japanese and don't understand English, so I use Google Translate. 

As far as I know, there is no clear information that development engineers / programmers are working to address this anomaly.
    It is not possible to expect any future announcements regarding the specific revisions.

The phenomenon that the graphic is abnormal is most likely caused mainly by referencing the "old shader cache file".
    After a graphics driver such as Geforce has been updated, the shader cache will also need to be updated / regenerated with that new driver.

However, Division 2 often does not regenerate, so rendering the old shader cache with the new driver will reveal it as anomalous in the video.

One solution is to delete the Division 2 shader cache folder in My Documents. 
    ..... \ Document \ My Games \ Tom Clancy's The Division 2 \ ShaderCache

After deleting this "ShaderCache" folder, a new shader cache will be created when you start the game. The graphic anomaly may be resolved.
    If you haven't tried it yet, please give it a try.

• deku_14All
    Original poster 4 posts

@tk105 thanks for replying. I tried deleting the shaderCache but the issue keeps happening. I guess this won't be resolved till that end of the year major update everybody keeps talking about. Thanks again for helping me out.

• Adrian-11
    707 posts

@deku_14all

I assume you have an Nvidia card. It is related to the new Nvidia drivers and the fact that the game has not been properly updated in a year or more.
    In Nvidia settings, look under 3D settings, change the Shader Cache to OFF, and apply. Do this while Connect and the game are not running.
    If the issue persist, roll back to driver 466.77 and apply the same from above.
    Worth to do a game files check in Connect too, slim chance that will fix something, but you never know.

• deku_14All
    Original poster 4 posts

@adrian-11 Thanks for providing a solution. I did verify the files and they were fine. Tried turning off the shader cache from the Nvidia control panel, the game load time increased a bit but the glitches said "hi" after an hour into the game. It's unplayable now. I ll have to wait for that damn major update since devs are not responding to this issue according to most of the threads about similar issues. Thanks again for sparing some time to help me out.

• dagrommit
    661 posts
    NVidia driver ver. - 472.12

As mentioned before, install an older driver version. The newer ones are only of use if they have fixes for a game you actually play. I'm still running 466.27 without any problem.

• deku_14All
    Original poster 4 posts

@dagrommit not sure if this solves the issue permanently. I read in the comment section of a video mentioning the same issue that someone changed "use directx1" to "Yes" under the video setting to solve the issue. I did the same keeping the same Nvidia driver. I played for 3 hours without any hiccups.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4150 posts

Hello there @deku_14All!

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing graphical issues in-game. Thanks for updating this thread to let us know what troubleshooting steps you have tried already. Thanks to @TK105, @Adrian-11 & @dagrommit for helping out as well!

We're aware of graphical issues occuring in-game following the release of recent Nvidia drivers. We have an ongoing thread about this issue that you can check out for more information and updates from the investigation. As shared by @Adrian-11 & @dagrommit, players have found that rolling their drivers back to a previous version helps to resolve the graphical issues in-game.

I'm glad to hear that you've been able to resolve the issue in the meantime by changing your DirectX settings. Thanks for sharing this within this thread! If you do continue to encounter these graphical issues, I would recommend trying to roll back your drivers to see if this helps to alleviate the issue.

If you encounter any further trouble, please don't hesitate to reach out so we can investigate further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics