ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Milit4nt
    Original poster 32 posts

I love almost everything, the setting, the characters and the snippets we have seen of the story so far (however im not a fan of some forced lgbt stereotypes, but they seem to be comedic relief and not meant to be taken seriously so they might grow on me).

The gameplay also looks really fun, the level design seems extremely creative, but im a bit skeptical about the health levels, ammo type mechanic and not being able to pick up enemy weapons, but I think they reworked all the system previous games had, im looking at them with the context of how previous games worked, but these mechanics probably make more sense within the context of this game, im curious to see how these new mechanics will feel. Hopefully they are great.

What do you people think of what has been shown so far?

Ubisoft should really promote these forums more, there should much more activity in here.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SofaJockey
    372 posts

@milit4nt I felt optimistic about Far Cry 6 from the start.

What I'm looking forward to is an improved approach to quality.

When Breakpoint and Division 2 fared poorly in 2019, Ubisoft had a choice to improve their game (so to speak). I found their decision to pull everything they had slated for release at that point was a good one, but only after a couple of years has the notion of 'don't screw up' been able to be implemented deeply, not just superficially into games.

The recent video on sound design and the soundtrack are good signs to me that they are paying attention and have given this one some polish.

All of this is coated with 'well have to wait and see' but I have a good feeling about this one.

• Milit4nt
    Original poster 32 posts

@sofajockey modern ubisoft definitely have the "quality over quantity" problem that plagues most open world games nowadays, but I am also optimistic, the far cry franchise has always been about great combat mechanics and amazing level design and although i think far cry 5 was a step in the wrong direction, especially when it came to mission design and level design, I think this game will be a comeback for the series. I'm just a bit skeptical of how the rpg mechanics will work, but they seem to be doing their best to have meaningful content throughout the game that respects the players time, both through mechanics and level design, and the devs said its important that the gameplay loop does not just comprise of combat, which can't be said for far cry 5, which makes me excited to see what they can come up with. Looking forward to launch personally.

• Milit4nt
    Original poster 32 posts

quantity over quality*

• GameGuru2018
    185 posts

There is nothing bad in RPG.

Developers, develop it further!

No need to reinvent the wheel.
    Adjust that wheel to Far Cry!

• SofaJockey
    372 posts

"There is nothing bad in RPG."

I agree. Nothing wrong with RPG if applied smartly.

• evil2u
    1 posts

It's only 2 player co-op. It was supposed to be 4 player co-op. I have a buddy that wants to return his per-order because of it. I hope they stay way from US politics in this one.

• SofaJockey
    372 posts

"I hope they stay way from US politics in this one."

To be fair, 'politics' was barely referenced in Far Cry 5 and mostly for comedy.

I'm glad that they have said that political themes (tyranny, oppression) will be at the centre of the revolution in Far Cry 6.

• olalaquebien
    69 posts
    @sofajockey modern ubisoft definitely have the "quality over quantity" problem that plagues most open world games nowadays, but I am also optimistic, the far cry franchise has always been about great combat mechanics and amazing level design and although i think far cry 5 was a step in the wrong direction, especially when it came to mission design and level design, I think this game will be a comeback for the series. I'm just a bit skeptical of how the rpg mechanics will work, but they seem to be doing their best to have meaningful content throughout the game that respects the players time, both through mechanics and level design, and the devs said its important that the gameplay loop does not just comprise of combat, which can't be said for far cry 5, which makes me excited to see what they can come up with. Looking forward to launch personally.

I haven't found any "quality over quantity" issue in Far Cry 5. Maybe you reffering to other Ubi franchises?

• WID992007
    124 posts

@milit4nt i actually got to play it back in AUGUST , got invited to a hands on play test for the game , looks great to me and had fun playing it for a few hours SP and a few co op , only bad part it was a streamed event , so i could not make changes to my buttons , (i like to use mouse buttons a LOT )

but the game played very well in the beta state we got to try , felt like a FAR CRY game to me

looking forward to next week so i can DL my copy of the Ultimate version and get back to playing it

• WID992007
    124 posts

@evil2u umm i never EVER read anything online about FAR CRY 6 having 4 player co op

it was always planned i think to be limited to two players ,, as going up to 4 yes would probably be not possible in such a large open world game

also we have no clue if any added patches will help the net code for the games engine .. remember the game has not even shipped yet , and it took months , yes months in previous games for co op enhancements AFTER the title shipped

examples include far cry 4 added co op to custom maps about 6 months after the game shipped

so i think your expecting too much man , and no i do not think 4 player co op would even work with the game as even in PAST FAR CRY games you had a tether of how far you could be with your co op buddy .. , you get 4 people going different directions on any objective in this game .. its gonna crash your PC and your game play ..if you look the game map in YARA is ... larger then past games
    \
    i just hope they do include a map editor at a later date , so yes the community can make more great fun maps to play , like we had with far cry 3 4 and 5

2 player full game co op with the ability , so both players keep progress i am sure was a huge task to accomplish with the engine they use for far cry games

but no i never recall any thing said about FAR CRY 6 was gonna have 4 player co op

• Gr4nt8r0dy
    1 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Milit4nt
    Original poster 32 posts

@olalaquebien I mean't quantity over quality

• SofaJockey
    372 posts

Ubisoft has always had big games with loads of content. Whether the content was worth doing was often another matter.

For me, the 3rd person cutscenes and live activities bind me in more so that even doing the 'quantity' of stuff is more engaging.

If the content is nicely polished then that'll be a good balance of both. Not long now.

• Milit4nt
    Original poster 32 posts

@gameguru2018 well FPS-RPG games like fallout, borderlands etc have notoriously bad combat mechanics.

I think some rpg mechanics work with far cry and others don't, the ones implemented in far cry 6 seem to work but ill have to wait till launch to know for sure, but I disagree that it should be developed further, far cry gameplay should still be primarily fps games and rpg stuff should always remain secondary, otherwise they might as well start a new franchise altogether if they are gonna make such a drastic shift.

...but far cry 6 is primarily an fps game, it has RPG elements but isn't a full-on rpg, it has the rpg mechanics that make sense, the series always had rpg mechanics, this time they are different and it might have a bit more rpg stuff in the side content, but its far from being completely RPG, it just has rpg elements, and I think they will make the game more fun and deeper, but only time will really tell.

• Milit4nt
    Original poster 32 posts

@wid992007 oh nice dude! That's good news, I hope it feels like far cry with the rpg stuff feeling like an addition rather than a different game, i think if you just equip armor piercing rounds on every weapon it would play out like normal far cry too.

Really looking forward to launch!

• GameGuru2018
    185 posts
    ..... far cry gameplay should still be primarily fps games and rpg stuff should always remain secondary, .....

• closedmouth
    49 posts

It look funs but I'm keeping my expectations realistic with Ubi. FC3-5 I all beat within a month and moved on. I realize this will likely be the same and I've never felt like replaying any of the games. I also remember how bad WDL was when it first launched. It wasn't playable for like 3 months and Ubi just blamed their fans when the same issues were on each platform (no saving, freezing, etc). I hope that FC6 won't lauch in this state, Ubi didn't get as much flak for it because WDL wasn't as big of a release as Cyberpunk but after WDL my trust in them definitely has faded.

• LaMOi
    162 posts

It’s really difficult.

there’s thing that you can’t see in the footage.

I was looking forward to FC5.

Then there were certain unforeseen elements that ruined it for me personally.
    Regenerating health, and the game generally being too easy — there was little challenge outside of the forced difficulty spikes in the on-rail segments and also the absurd /insane frequency of random events / animal attacks in the open world really made the world feel artificial and designed for someone with ADHD. It felt ridiculous and for me impacted immersion quite a bit.

I think there’s elements that might affect your own personal preference and experience with the game and are not always easy to predict.

I think the game looks good.

I just hope I can tweak things with options to get a more hardcore experience that will satisfy me more.

• olalaquebien
    69 posts

@milit4nt lol cool story brah

Suggested Topics