ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• bartirix
    Original poster 3 posts

Hey everyone,

When the news broke that we were getting proper canals that didn't require obscene amounts of grind to get, I instantly became super excited. Then we got some pictures and in my opinion, they look amazing. Needless to say, I grabbed the Pedestrian Zone Cosmetic DLC as soon as I could, which was about 30 minutes ago.

I immediatly start playing around with the canals to see what I could do, and while I haven't yet done anything with the other ornaments in the pack or even the industrial canals, I have to say, this pack was worth my money. I just have a few small issues with it that I really hope could get resolved. I'm hoping that if others agree, you let your voice be heard here as well. The more people express the conern, the more likely it is to be adressed!

First off, I'd really love to see support for railroads over canals. We now finally have the ability to place roads over canals, which results in these wonderful little bridges. Please, please also add this for railroads. It would really be incredibly and it could be as simple as using the existing road-bridges and just placing railroad over it. (If the system allows for it to be done that simply from a technical standpoint.)

Secondly, from a distance the water in the canals really lacks detail. It honestly looks like a flat blue surface, which is a real bummer. Especially seeing as everything else has so much more detail to it. It makes the pool/canals stand out, and not in a good way if you'd ask me. I'd personally much prefer it if it had definition like the sea water does. A little bit of texture/shader magic would already go a long way.

Third and last, a little technical issue: It seems the various tiles of water are misaligned with one another, creating a bit of a wonky look up close. Even though it does have very nice texture to it. Nice! (Please just have it scale somehow to not look like a flat surface when zoomed out.)

Right, that's been my little rant about the canals thus far. If I encounter any further things I'll be sure to add them in comments. 🙂

Thanks a lot for reading and I hope the team sees this!
    Bart~

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• dutchman251
    2 posts

These new canals look really great. I just have one question:

Can you connect these canals to the sea and the rivers?

• LeGeektateur
    47 posts

@dutchman251
    No, you can't !

• JBBoding
    5 posts

@bartirix

I agree with all your 3 points. Finesse must be difficult with such a big and varied game, but it's details like this which make it work perfectly.

Cheers
    Ben

Suggested Topics