ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Imagine_Brata
    Original poster 628 posts

Heroic is to easy and boring.
    The only fun i have in Heroic is when i trigger Elite patrol + convoy before i start a Control point (CP4). And clean it out with my M870 shotgun build
    And we only have 3 Legendary mission + summit. And doing 3-4 Legendary speed runs every day solo gets boring in the long run.
    When we only have 3 missions to do it on.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

Not my comment, but it's a good explanation (more legendary missions are a separate question)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/pxylej/elusive_legendary_difficulty/heqqvzo/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@dagrommit why couldn't they do a half measure and just replace all Black Tusk spawns with White Tusk spawns?

• Imagine_Brata

@latenitedelight a good idea

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    @dagrommit why couldn't they do a half measure and just replace all Black Tusk spawns with White Tusk spawns?

At a guess? The white tusk would be massively overpowered relative to other factions in the open world.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@dagrommit Sure, but it's player choice to enable it. Or they could also just scale up the other factions to match, minus the AI upgrades.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

@latenitedelight as noted in the reddit comment, the difficulty isn't just about having legendary enemies. As for "player choice", that was also covered in the same comment.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@dagrommit and I think that poster is wrong 🤷

Sure, I agree 100% on the mission balancing aspect, but nobody gives a fig open world. They just want harder enemies roaming around, and swapping 4 random Black Tusk for 4 random White Tusk accomplishes that. And those random Chunga fights popping from Black Tusk to White Tusk.

Keep the loot Heroic if the concern is "game farming". Or simply dial up the Health/Armor/Damage of the normal factions too - Legendary doesn't have to equal only White Tusk. Hell, just call it Heroic+ if the concern is just something as stupid as what it's labeled.

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    @dagrommit and I think that poster is wrong 🤷

Sure, I agree 100% on the mission balancing aspect, but nobody gives a fig open world. They just want harder enemies roaming around, and swapping 4 random Black Tusk for 4 random White Tusk accomplishes that. And those random Chunga fights popping from Black Tusk to White Tusk.

Take it up with them then 🤷

Keep the loot Heroic if the concern is "game farming".

People will then complain that it's pointless without legendary loot.

Or simply dial up the Health/Armor/Damage of the normal factions too - Legendary doesn't have to equal only White Tusk. Hell, just call it Heroic+ if the concern is just something as stupid as what it's labeled.

The rarity issue (there used to be one heroic mission) is also addressed by the reddit comment. Make legendary common and people will clamor for legendary+

• Imagine_Brata

@latenitedelight an alternative is to have the option to scale up the world for 2-4 players. even if you play solo

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    @latenitedelight an alternative is to have the option to scale up the world for 2-4 players. even if you play solo

That idea I like, and shouldn't require as much development effort. +1 like

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

I still don't see how pointing the Black Tusk spawn pointer at White Tusk variants is much effort at all for Open World. Unless the backend isn't nearly as modular as I would hope it is.

Would they really hardcode the Black Tusk, open world, spawn combos for each potential spawn point around the map?

• N3mB0t
    1019 posts

this is something i always advocated for , it would add 3 more diferent flavours to every dificulty level , its an insanely easy way to add variety.

• AngryPandaNr1
    72 posts

@imagine_brata I would love a legendary world tier.
    But I also know its gonna suck for everyone.
    Doesn't matter if you are good or bad.
    Imagine doing an activity in a street or open field.
    And getting shot from enemies that just spawned behind you... (Or sideways)

Healing is already pointless in legendary missions (where the enemy is only in front of you.)
    Not that healing doesn't work at all but I've had many times that I shoot a heal to someone just to see him die 1 second later.
    Because the first time they get shot with 3 bullets they lose all their armor with some health.
    The second time after the heal and they have Full armor again they get basically one shot.
    Because the moment you lose 0.1% health, you also lose that 1 second protection or whatever it is when you're about to die.
    So if I would heal you while you still get shot by freshly spawned enemies behind us, you die anyway.

I think legendary on every mission is better.
    Or (like you also basically said), make heroic as hard as it used to be.

• Skys01_
    8 posts

@imagine_brata i smeII quaIity abuses to farm for easy SHD

• Imagine_Brata

@angrypandanr1 yea missions like Stranded tanker, Wall street, The tombs + the other stronghold in DC,
    Would be fun to have as Legendary missions

• Imagine_Brata

@skys01_ I already have so many shd points. which I can not use on anything.

• AngryPandaNr1
    72 posts

@imagine_brata would be nice, but every mission would be better.
    But I think we only get Tidal Basin n National Zoo.

• S.N.A.K.E_D0K
    1 posts

@imagine_brata I agree. Legendary doesn't mean "White Tusk" only, how about increasing the mob size by 4x? Instead of shooting up a convoy of 5 NPC, now there are 20 in a mob. Being on the verge of overwhelmed is where it's at or being overwhelmed. I want to be afraid when I leave the safe houses.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@s-n-a-k-e_d0k pretty sure the PS4/XBOne can't handle that.

It's also why the DZs are smaller and DC has less roaming NPCs in the streets.

Suggested Topics