ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Solved [Feedback] Carts do not pick up needed goods from warehouse, production buildings need to be placed farther away from each other

0 Likes/13 Replies/6260 Views
    mcetnar
    Original poster 24 posts

Do you remember the old bug ("mechanic feature") where for example Light Bulb factories would not fuction properly when the Filament Factories were too close? The carts from LB wanted to get the resource directly from the FF, but not all FFs were close enough, yet the LB carts didn't want to get the resource from the Warehouse. The solution was to move the FFs farther away from the LBs and thus force the usage of the Warehouse carts.
    That trick doesn't seem to work for Typewriters and Lacquer. On paper I overproduce Typewriters by 12 (compared with the consumtion), but still my population of Investors keeps fluctuating, because they don't have enough Typewriters.
    On the Chemical Plant/Assembly Line island I overproduce the Lacquer by 20 and the two types of factories are on the distant ends of the island. It still doesn't work. The productivity of Typewriters keeps jumping from half to almost max, they refuse to take the Lacquer from the Warehouse half of the time. I have to admit this is rather irritating.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1316 posts
    Best Answer

Hey there folks.

This was passed on to the development team for review and they confirmed that their understanding was this was working as intended.

In the example presented by @Nova_eXelon at least they said this:

"19/950 but 16 are reserved, so they can't be taken by that cart as others have reserved them already, the other 3 were probably added after the cart picked up the 1t corn"

However if you're still not sure it is working as intended a video might better illustrate the problem if this is something any of you would be willing to provide. Thanks!

Official Response
  • Nova_eXelon
    1 posts

I'd like to add that for me that is the case with Chemical Plants as well. For Ethanol its always Corn that doesn't get picked up and for Lacquer it's always Resin.

As one can see I have 950 corn but only ever one gets picked up.

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@mcetnar @Nova_eXelon Hey! Sorry to hear that you are both experiencing this issue with the items not being picked up by the carts.

I have reached out to our game team to see if we can get to the bottom of this. Once there is an update we will reach back out.

Thank you.

• ksl28
    6 posts

You can add me to that list 😞

For me the Lacquer is not picking up the Risin. And for the Cookie factory, its not picking up Tallow.
    Ive solved the Cookie problem, by setting up Tallow productions nearby, so they deliver directly - but thats not an option, when it comes to Risin.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1316 posts
    Best Answer

Hey there folks.

This was passed on to the development team for review and they confirmed that their understanding was this was working as intended.

In the example presented by @Nova_eXelon at least they said this:

"19/950 but 16 are reserved, so they can't be taken by that cart as others have reserved them already, the other 3 were probably added after the cart picked up the 1t corn"

However if you're still not sure it is working as intended a video might better illustrate the problem if this is something any of you would be willing to provide. Thanks!

Official Response
  • ksl28
    6 posts

@ubi-orion
    I know that all my materials was 80-90% stocked the entire time, and i saw this aswell.
    As mentioned i had several tallow production building on the same island as the factories, and they often stopped working, because the storage was full.
    At the same time, the factories stopped working, because they were not picking up the tallow.

The "solution" was to put tallow factories near the cookie factories, so they deliver them directly.

• Asterix201252
    453 posts

I totally agree with the other posters. This seems similar to the discussion on thread https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/112458/suggestion-option-to-force-delivery-to-warehouse?lang=en-US

There has been a problem with distribution for a long time. However, it does seem to be worse for the new factories, such as Lacquer, Typewriters and Biscuits. As I said, I had to move the intermediate factories (Tallow, Lacquer) well away from the final factories (probably about 100 tiles) to get them to work properly. Having said that, for several of these goods I realised that I didn't have room on my Production island for all of the raw materials and moved some to another island anyway.

As I and others have said on the other thread, goods should be delivered to warehouses if this results in a shorter path. If they are indeed working as intended, then maybe the devs could re-consider the intention.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4841 posts

Hey there guys,

Thank you for getting back to us!

@Asterix201252 - I've responded to and already raised feedback to the team and have also added this discussion on as part of this.

If there's anything more we can help with, please let us know guys!

Official Response
  • ksl28
    6 posts
    Hey there guys,

Thank you for getting back to us!

@Asterix201252 - I've responded to and already raised feedback to the team and have also added this discussion on as part of this.

If there's anything more we can help with, please let us know guys!

And when can we expect an update / fix on this matter?

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1028 posts

Hey @ksl28,

Thank you for your update,

I am afraid currently I have no update, however when we do have an update you would expect to see it in our announcement section.

In the mean time if there is anything else we can help with just let us know

Many thanks,

Official Response
  • ksl28
    6 posts

@ubi-wheelyduck - When can we expect this update?
    This is still an major issue, and still havent been fixed...
    Ive uploaded an video here (https://easyupload.io/p7n0ha: (https://easyupload.io/p7n0ha)), to show the mechanics isnt working.

• SirHarryPierce
    236 posts
    There has been a problem with distribution for a long time.

The index for transports to nearby warehouses instead of "empty ramps" further out has also not been changed since release. With Hacienda's inbound and production on farms of 600%+, internal storage cannot cope due to very bad choices in deliveries. Here also directed drops would be very welcome.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3957 posts

Hello everyone, thanks for getting in touch with us and sharing your concerns over the delivery to production buildings and the issues with carts not using the warehouse as desired.

We have passed your feedback onto the Anno team about this and continue to do so, for each similar new thread that is made asking for this change to deliveries and cart routes. We are unable to give any updates if this will be considered to be changed in-game, only our Anno devs can confirm this, but for now, your concern has been noted and passed on to the team.

Official Response

Suggested Topics