ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2343 posts

Hello @popesizzle45,

Sorry to hear that your game keeps crashing.

Could you please go through the Xbox troubleshooting steps? Secondly, can you please reinstall your game? It will help you to eliminate any potentially corrupted files that can lead to this issue.

If the issue persists could you confirm the following:

• Did this only start to happen after the most recent update or did you experience crashes prior to the update?
    • How long can you play for roughly before you encounter a crash?
    • Does the game crash to the home screen or shut down your console?
    • If you own a disc or digital version of the game?
    • Does the crash occur when you do something specific in-game such as fighting, viewing the map, riding a horse etc or if you are in a certain region or on a certain map?
    • What is the current main story quest in your quest log?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • samgibbs3
    1 posts

@ubi-mark

I am now having the exact issue at random times. I have the download on Xbox with ragnarok and have uninstalled and reinstalled on Xbox. Worked fine up until I started the mission with the 3 people in storming ravensburg. Oddly when I play the ragnarok first fight with surtur I don’t have the problem. Very frustrating for high cost game from reputable company. I’ve done all the troubleshooting from the thread.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4056 posts

Hi @samgibbs3 apologies for the late response.

I am also sorry to hear that you are experiencing crashes.

Could you please confirm the following:

• Did this only start to happen after the most recent update or did you experience crashes prior to the update?
    • How long can you play for roughly before you encounter a crash?
    • Does the game crash to the home screen or shut down your console?
    • If you own a disc or digital version of the game?
    • Where is the game installed? On your internal hard drive or an expansion card?
    • How much free space do you have left on your internal hard drive?
    • Does the crash occur when you do something specific in-game such as fighting, viewing the map, riding a horse etc or if you are in a certain region or on a certain map?
    • What is the current main story quest in your quest log?
    Official Response
  • WebbiestCarp37
    1 posts

@ubi-mark I’m having the same issue as well. It started a few days ago. My game now gets stuck on the load screen where it says “checking for add-ons.” It usually gets stuck here for 20-90 MINUTES. I start my console an hour before I intend to play so it can get past this screen. Once it does load, the game only works for 3-45 minutes before crashing.

I’ve also noticed that the vendor in my village with the special items can’t load any items and I get a connection error message.

I’ve followed all the troubleshooting steps and nothing has worked.

I have 95hrs of play time and haven’t experienced a problem until recently. I’m not sure if the recent expansion messed something up. I have all of the expansions except for the newest one.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2366 posts

@popesizzle45 Hey!

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue on your console.

In order to troubleshoot this we ask that you complete the steps here.

Should the issue continue please let us know.

Thank you.

Official Response

Suggested Topics