Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Shovelator
    Original poster 156 posts

Ok, so this challange is totally bugged for me...

1.) Once i'm spotted, certain NPCs tend to jump to their deaths (2 of the 3 balcony guards did that once)
    2.) Hitting a weakpoint on Arbalist sometimes causes him to jump across the gap and no longer being stunned
    3.) Once killing the melee guard next to the cage, the ranger comes down and jumps around and eventualy falls through the cage somewhere below the map
    4.) Once killing all NPCs, I get 1 or 2 additional target somewhere outside the map???
    5.) I don't know if this is intentional or not, but the weakpoints seem to shift around during each run, meaning it's sometimes impossible to position myself to hit a guard with sneak attack

EDIT: Is this a known issue? I did complete the challange once before, but now im going for gold medal, and its impossible to finish...

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2374 posts

@shovelator I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the Lolingstone Bandit Camp - Trial of the Wolf.

I can confirm that the issue with certain NPC's jumping to their deaths is a known issue that is being investigated.

With regards to the remaining issues that you mentioned, have you only experienced those once or multiple times? Could you also provide videos demonstrating each of those issues if possible.

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    629 posts

@shovelator

Not impossible but it's very annoying even now. Unsurprisingly being very high level helps as the auto-heal means Eivor can stand being shot while aiming.

The weak spots are random, could be on the left or on the right. To be fair, that is an acceptable level of challenge in my view.

One thing you can try is concentrating on weak spot shots. I think that when one is hit, if you run far enough away/back to the beginning then the weak spot resets. That helps a bit with maximising points (if I'm right).

• Shovelator

@SpirantCrayon22 yeah, Im maxed out so the challange itself is not so difficult, I just cant complete it due to these bugs. Thanks for the tip on the reset!

@ubi-keo Thanks for the reply. I only have one screenshot from yesterday, but I can try making some videos today. I did all challenges to finish this quest series and now I came back to them to finish the gold medals, but so far, this is the only one that is causing me problems...

Luckily the NPCs jumping off was not so common and I can overcome it by doing the challenge in a certain way.

I managed to replicate issue #3 by letting the ranger be alerted and then he searches for Eivor. I only have this screenshot of the mentioned area - the ranger stands on the wooden platform and comes down when I make him alert by killing the guard in front of the cage. He then makes some weird jumps on the metal cage and somehow lands under under the map below the cage. I managed to make him somehow jump further down the map and die by shooting the floor and making him alert again. Even with him dying this way there are enough guards left to finish on gold.

This is where the additional NPCs spawn... I have no idea what causes this, because I managed to kill all guards pretty much where they stand and I didn't alert any guard so that he would start searching for me (The only exception is the ranger above the metal cage). Even if I kill the ranger with a bow, these markers still spawn.

• Ubi-Keo

@shovelator Thanks for the screenshots and information provided.

If you could provide some videos as examples this would be appreciated.

Official Response
  • Shovelator

@ubi-keo No problem, I've made a recording, but as I was doing the challenge everything was OK now... 🙂

I can still share the video if you tell me how, since there are still some awkward moments in it like being spotted out of nowhere and arbalist getting instantly un-stunned

• Ubi-Keo

@shovelator I'm pleased to hear that you were finally able to achieve the gold medal 🙂

And sure that would be great thanks, you just need to copy and paste the URL link to your video and submit your post and it will be added.

Official Response
  • Shovelator

@ubi-keo Sorry for the late reply, here is the video i promised: https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/627283875

Notable timestamps:
    0:48 - when i kill the guard at the cage, the ranger on the platform above notices and goes to investigate. Usually if i let him explore, he eventually falls through the cage and below the map.
    1:10 - somehow he spots me even though I'm behind him and then the 3 guards on the balcony come looking for me
    1:55 - when the 3 guards go back they take some weird positions on the edge of the balcony - last time this happened two of them jumped to their death.
    2:46 - when i stun the arbalist he wobbles to the edge and immediately gets unstunned.
    4:14 - after killing the last three guards, i usually get the downward arrow target markers somewhere outside the map, right behind these 3 guards

• Ubi-Keo

@shovelator Thanks for the video, I will share this with the Assassin's Creed Valhalla team.

Official Response

Suggested Topics