Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Blackwolfe5
    Original poster 18 posts

I know they are cool and all, but seeing the same ones 100 times gets really really old. Especially the one where you strangle the fat guys. Then of course there is the fact that they steal away camera control from you EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Please add an option to have speedier finishers.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• natethrace
    1 posts

Please, please, please can an option be added to disable finishers, or at least decrease their frequency (or even just limit them to the last remaining enemy in an area) because boy howdy are they repetitive. They occur on, I'd say, one out of four kills, though sometimes I'm finding them occurring one after another on two to four enemies which is highly irritating.

They were cool at first, but now, having logged 111 hours in this game, I'd really love to just not have to sit around and wait for Eivor to finish strangling a guy with his own flail or impaling another guy on his own pike because I've seen it done a million times already and I'm just trying to finish up all the territories.

• RAMR0D43
    2 posts

not to mention it also TAKES TIME AWAY FROM YOUR BUFFS!

• azullFR
    1302 posts

@blackwolfe5
    I agree,
    3 finishers in a "row" during battle with 5 guys !!!
    I hate that feeling of being prisonner of scripts, loosing the control where I look and where I go....
    So the option of speedier or, better, frequency of finisher would be nice, something like :

Finishers Frequency Option :

• Often
    • Normal
    • Low
    • None

Have a nice day 🙂

• azullFR
    1302 posts

@ramr0d43
    100% agree !
    🙂

• uFamas
    25 posts

After over a 100 hours ingame I am getting sick and tired of those finishers.
    They occur way to often and when fighting elites it seems to proc 99% of the time.
    For me the most annoying part is that after the animation ended you tend to be with your back towards the enemies still alive causing you to have to make a 180 turn.

• azullFR
    1302 posts

@ufamas
    totaly agree, 190 hours and bored (and more...) with these finishers
    Encounter : 5 guys > 3 finishers !!!
    They should at least keep only the last guy finisher (or none)
    +
    I'm in trouble too with Most of Major runes (buyed or looted) unusable (and some of normal ones) =
    they appear in inventory, but unlisted when I want to equip them on stuff !!! 👎

• stallattack
    34 posts

@ramr0d43 totally agree, 2.5s, 10s, buffs are wasted, and I have to work my way up again to stack up buffs. so annoying

• Petrnev12
    14 posts

I understand the devs wanted to give us finishers as a reward, however if you do several finishers per minute, where portion of the time you just passively watch the animation.. it just feels the control of the character is taken away from you.
    It might be best if we have an option to skip it or turn off if we want.
    This is a problem we have seen many times in past 2decades in videogaming industry.. if you add forced feature that is initially cool and rewarding .. that feature is not cool nor rewarding if you saw it several hundred times before during your playthrough. Also if you have been through any real combat training you know you need to finish an opponent asap if outnumbered. An alternative would be to make finishers quicker, like one(two) strike(s) lasting around 1s.

One of the worst examples is the long sword enemy type where you finish him using his long sword and ineffectively beating him with it several times before crushing his head just by stomping him.

• Petrnev12
    14 posts

@natethrace Nice to see another post on this topic, hope devs will notice..

• Petrnev12
    14 posts

Hope this will get some attention, I believe this is a conclusion may players will have after 100+hours.

• Daednumai
    8 posts

Please make these finisher / kill cams less frequent ( say only on last mob in combat ) or add an option to disable them.

They are far to frequent, break the flow of combat, move the game camera away from the enemy's you're fighting, and have caused me to be standing in a pool of aoe fire while unable to do anything.

This needs fixing please.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

yes please, they slow down the combat for no reason, but also screws with any build you wanna do.
    By the time the finisher is done you effects from doing combat have gone too.

For example when u dodge you slow time, but once the finisher is done time is no longer slowed down etc.

For now, these moves are part of the reason i stopped playing.

• OHH_KAY
    6 posts

FINALLY! someone notice it on how Boring Bland Repetitive on that ugly finisher(animation) i find it lacking(animation) on the Main hand weapon like come on, when will I see Eivor using his Equipped weapon doing some Execution whats the point of having flashy weapon when Eivor isn't going to use it but end up picking drop weapon to execute stunned enemy
    always like this especially when Equipped with Heavy Sword plus Shield, Lacking on that Finisher move so I and You end up having those Bland Repetitive Finisher / stun finisher
    they need to add more finisher(animation) on 2 handed + Shield and make this pick up weapon finisher a lock on(special) move when enemy is stunned you press R where you only activate this pick up weap Finisher
    Finisher on special npc sucks too like the banneret (already using the great sword+shield, why pick up his ugly sword)

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@ohh_kay

i dont care about all that, the issue at hand is that it takes too much time and slows down the combat for no good reason.

I mean the harpoon ability is an good example of how a finisher could be, its cool, but most importantly fast.

• OHH_KAY
    6 posts

@asgardian02 that's the thing no flow/variety of finisher that will make the combat feels fast paced (if you played unity ody, ori you will get it, have a lot of finisher/assassination style L-atk H-atk that will look always never the same each finisher. many possible approach) Shield + anything or Shield +bare hand always ending the same stun finisher even when not activated. animation 1sec sheath equipped 1 sec picking up the weapon 1-2 sec doing the kill 3 sec looking like a badass standing straight and unsheathing again after the finisher.
    runes matter too i know, but forces me to stick on passive perk. guess this is a down for having a shield + heavy main hand, horse can swim but what at what cost kick the water while swimming.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@ohh_kay

i also would like a system in which you can swap out weapons easier and if each weapon have a purpose.

an axe is best for x type enemy
    an spear is best for x type enemy

etyc etc

• evilhippo
    79 posts

@natethrace over 400 hours of playing here & I really don't need to see it quite so often 🙄

• William_D0g
    9 posts

Yep, absolutely. Breaks the flow of combat and enemies are (big lol) standing around waiting for you to finish butchering their comrade.

Suggestion:

Settings:

Finishing Moves - On / Off

Much Yay !

• BlakeSamael
    1 posts

I'm only 70 hours in and dread combat so much because of these over used animations. seems like 9 out of 10 elites trigger them. Ubi you gotta tone that [censored] down it's really killing the flow of combat and the joy of the game.

Suggested Topics