ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Spectankular
    Original poster 3 posts

The Ubisoft launcher page says the HD texture pack requires 11 GB of VRAM to run. I intend to run this on a system that meets the stated requirements for 4K. Will this run with 4K textures without the HD texture pack, or will I wind up with 1080p textures or something like that?

The official system requirements for FC6 listed here state that 16 GB VRAM is required to use the HD texture pack, and appears to be revised down to 11 GB on the FC6 page on Ubisoft Connect where the game and the texture pack are available to download (sorry, I don't know how to link to that). That means an RTX 3080 (my card) is sufficient to run the game at 4K, but it only has 10 GB VRAM so it can't run the HD texture pack. My questions are:

1: What texture resolution can we expect running at 4K resolution without the HD texture pack?
    2: What texture resolution and other enhancements can someone expect with the HD texture pack?
    3: Will people with less VRAM be able to try running the HD texture pack and judge their performance for themselves or will there be a bar to running it?

Apologies if this has topic has been covered elsewhere in this forum, I did search but I struck out.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• nalfylatino
    5 posts

@spectankular Well I am not really surprised that Ubisoft hasn't replied. The game already frame rate issues as it is (horrible CPU optimizations) so I guess the HD texture pack is probably going to make it worse. I also have a RTX 3080 but am only reporting what I have seen so far out there (and the person had a RTX 3090 and he was struggling).

• SofaJockey
    372 posts
    @spectankular Well I am not really surprised that Ubisoft hasn't replied.

Nor am I, the forum isn't a 'Ubisoft helpline', but for players to chat to each other.

The game's out tomorrow, someone might know then or you can see yourself. 😶

• heli0n_prime
    19 posts

@nalfylatino I need some advice from someone with a better rig than mine.

I have a RTX 2080 Super paired with an i7 8700K.
    I intend to play this game at 2560x1080.

Is it worth getting the HD textures pack?

• Izi_
    45 posts

@heli0n_prime Your RTX 2080 have only 8 GB VRAM, so not even close to required 12 GB.
    It seems that VRAM is the main factor for HD texture pack and not the raw power of graphic card. Even RTX 3080 is not good enough for HD texture pack because of only 10 GB VRAM.

• igrvks
    62 posts

5120x1440
    i9-9900K
    RTX 2080Ti
    32gb RAM

VSync off, Resolution scaling 1.0

My first benchmark with "high" preset and HD textures on is giving me a average 80 fps with 67 minimum.

Second benchmark, everything ultra, HD pack and DXR+FidelityFX on, 56 AVG with 51 min.

Third with everything ultra with HD pack but DXR and FidelityFX off, 69 avg with 58 min.

VRAM used in this third configuration: 6.02gb

In the settings the HD textures increase the VRAM used for 1gb so it's not so insanely heavy as people might have thought.

I think people with 3080's and above will be just fine with HD textures.

• satanrules666
    2 posts

I see a lot of YouTubers and that say the optimization in good if that's true which for me its not then I guess aliens came down and gave them ultimate hardware or something

Here's my specs and hell I just updated to a new mobo and CPU thinking my GPU is definitely fine though whats [censored] me off the most is in cutscenes sometimes characters lose their voice followed by unending popups from Ubisoft connect saying I should lower the ingame settings cause I am low on Vram yet the game tells me I am only using 5-6 gb with all the settings on ultra and the ray tracing on.

Id like to use the texture pack though seems Ubisoft just can't optimise games anymore, Every company should look to ID, Doom Eternal should be the standard of optimisation cause for me it runs perfectly on every machine I've tried it on.

It would help if Ubisoft didn't stick to old as engines, oh yes ladies and gents this game uses Dunia 2 which is the same engine Far Cry 3 uses with a bunch of baked in tweaks to get dx raytracing etc.

Here's my specs

Case - Coolermaster Haf X
    Mobo - Asus Rog Strix B560-F Gaming Wifi
    CPU - Intel i7 11700KF
    Ram - 2x Gskill TridentZ 16gb ddr4 running at 2132(1066 Mhz)
    M.2 - Gigabyte 500GB gen 4 NVME - Far Cry 6 is installed on this along with it being the main Windows drive
    GPU - Gigabyte Nvidia RTX 2070 Super 8gb ram OC edition
    Storage - 1 Gigabyte 250gb SSD, 2 4tb Seagate HDD's, 1 WD 3tb drive
    Optical drives - 1 Asus bluray writer, Lite on DVD drive
    Cooling - Custom loop - Cpu Block - EKWB RGB block, EKWB bayres with the D5 PWM pump, XSPC thick 240mm rad, 7,16 inch flex tube used with compression fittings, with a Y fitting and release valve ( For draining loop) Coolant EKWB premix blue
    Fans - 3 120mm Noctua NF12's two on rad one at the rear of the case, Front fan is the coolermaster fan that came with the case can't remember the size.

I hope Ubisoft patch the game and make it more optimized especially when it comes to vram use and CPU optimization.

• the_tonkinese
    13 posts

@satanrules666 paid advertisement for youtubers, optimization is rather poor and stuck to a single cpu core because poor lazy devs

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2586 posts

Hello everyone, thank you for your questions on the HD texture pack.

The game recommends using 11 GB of Vram to run the game with stable frames, if you have installed the HD texture pack.

I have seen reports of players running the game with stable frames, who only have 8GB of Vram, but you may see a warning pop up to tell you that you are under spec for this.

If you have any problems with performance or graphical issues in the game and you meet the requirements, please make sure to post in our Player Support section of the forum here and we will do our best to help and advise >
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/category/793/player-support?lang=en-US

Official Response
  • Hacker_Elite123
    2 posts

@ubi-milky please disable that warning message. It pointless...we get the message. Turning off notifications via UbiConnect doesn't stop it from happening. Fix this please.

• igrvks
    62 posts

@ubi-milky

The thing is, with all settings cranked to ultra, HD pack enabled and DXR on the game tells me the total VRAM utilisation is 6,5gb at 5120x1440. So it's well below even the 8gb mark on a super ultrawide resolution. So how exactly do the players need that much headroom in terms of VRAM?

• the_tonkinese
    13 posts

@igrvks probs because the incompetent dev team used the flagship amd card to run the game so optimization is and ACTUAL VRAM usage is borked because as EVERY aware gamer knows ubisoft are a bit of a laughing stock when it comes to launching a game or such just look at uno or anything released recently eg ac Valhalla, or watchdogs 3 or that abysmal breakpoint

• UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1106 posts

Thank you for your feedback about this everyone, I apologize for the frustration this has caused you. The recommendations are set to help ensure players have the best experience while playing the game with the settings recommended.

Official Response
  • Akira1364
    159 posts

@ubisushivamp It still is not actually meaningful at all to provide a single number for required VRAM for the HD Texture Pack without simultaneously taking rendering resolution and other in-game graphics settings into account. The game uses less than 5GB VRAM at 1080P with maxed-out settings and the HDTP enabled, for example, with no noticeable performance loss versus the HDTP being disabled.

Suggested Topics