ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 805 posts

Hi, I have a number of exotics which are not ideal... see below. Is it worth trying to re-roll these if I have a double to work with? What are the chances of actually getting something much better?

Here are a few examples...

Mantis:

• Weapon Damage 14.1 of 15
    • Headshot Damage 101 of 110
    • Damage to target out of Cover 8 of 10

Momento:

• WD 12.8 of 15
    • Armor 144K of 170K
    • 1 Skill Tier

Chameleon

• AR Damage 15 (max)
    • Health Damage 21 (max)
    • CHC 7 of 10

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• N3mB0t
    987 posts

the chances as you already know are RNG, this said i usualy re rollled exos that had no max values until they were maxed out , always made it before wasting more than 10 exo components , but people say im lucky with gear so take this info with a grain of RNG.

but this was before the opti table , this days i would roll one to have at least 2 maxed values and i would optimize the remaining one if its close to being perfect , no point in a situation where you have 2 maxed values and the third is at 10 or 20 % power , in that case i would keep re rolling it.

• V4MPiR1
    247 posts

@virtual-chris Rerolling will depend on you urgency of use and whether you have a second. If you have a second, always roll on the worse of the two, and wait until you have sufficient components and resources to be able to have a rolling session in the high teens (15-20). As I mentioned the last time this was asked, the probability of getting a triple-max roll has been reduced -- when they introduced optimization -- to statistically insignificant levels, and would be impractical to strive for... unless you're completely maxed out on everything and are looking for an excuse to burn exotic components.

Mantis is a relatively rare drop. If you have second, roll on that. If you don't have a second and don't use it frequently, you may be able to land a double-max within one to two sessions. Else, optimize.

Memento; same as above. This is your best candidate for rerolling.

Chameleon simply optimize. You have a much higher chance of getting a triple-max replacement through bounties or exo caches.

• Oatiecrumble
    634 posts
    @virtual-chris Rerolling will depend on you urgency of use and whether you have a second. If you have a second, always roll on the worse of the two, and wait until you have sufficient components and resources to be able to have a rolling session in the high teens (15-20).

This 👆

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    Is it worth trying to re-roll these if I have a double to work with?

I wouldn't bother with the Chameleon seeing as it has two max rolls already. The Memento would be worth a shot, as would the Mantis. However, it's just as possible you can get worse rolls, so only do so if you have a lot of exotic components to hand.

• Noxious81
    1007 posts

All of the mentioned exotics are already pretty good or almost perfect – so no piece is in dire need to be reconfigured.

Thus I'd also suggest keeping them as they are as long as you have a second one of each, so that you can then always reconfigure the worse one. Except for the Chamaleon maybe, which you could already optimize... although on the other hand the Chamaleon does drop pretty often, so might just find a perfect one a few hours after having optimized your old one 😉 .

• Virtual-Chris
    h on the other hand the Chamaleon does drop pretty often, so might just find a perfect one a few hours after having optimized your old one 😉 .

LOL... what game are you playing? In 500 hours, I can recall only 3 exotics dropping in the open world (mostly Challenging difficulty)

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@virtual-chris strongly consider offering a sacrifice to RNGesus 👁

In the past 10 hours of gameplay, all on Challenging [or DZ], I've had a: Chameleon [Bounty], Chatterbox [Summit], Acosta's [World Box], and (2)Pestilence [DZ]

Maybe you shouldn't group with any of us, wouldn't want to spread that curse 🙅

Granted, I can't get a Ninja Bag or Bliss Holster to drop for the life of me in Div 1.. I shouldn't have said so many derogatory things about Div 1 I guess..

• Virtual-Chris
    @virtual-chris strongly consider offering a sacrifice to RNGesus 👁

In the past 10 hours of gameplay, all on Challenging [or DZ], I've had a: Chameleon [Bounty], Chatterbox [Summit], Acosta's [World Box], and (2)Pestilence [DZ]

That's unreal! I think my version of the game is bugged. 😄

• Adrian-11
    897 posts

@virtual-chris

Come on, man!
    Even my hardcore guy is sporting a Chameleon and a Pestilence.
    Not that they are any good without the proper build...

• Noxious81
    1007 posts
    (...) In 500 hours, I can recall only 3 exotics dropping in the open world (mostly Challenging difficulty)

Wow, that does sound extremely unlucky. I also do have evenings when I play for 2 or 3 hours and do not get an exotic, but on the average I see an exotic drop every 90 to 120 minutes playing. And that doesn't even include exotic caches from whatever source.

• Oatiecrumble
    634 posts
    (...) In 500 hours, I can recall only 3 exotics dropping in the open world (mostly Challenging difficulty)

Wow, that does sound extremely unlucky. I also do have evenings when I play for 2 or 3 hours and do not get an exotic, but on the average I see an exotic drop every 90 to 120 minutes playing. And that doesn't even include exotic caches from whatever source.

😲 I get an exotic about once a week, around 28hrs of game play 😲

Not that i need them but still.

• HonestlyOK1986
    195 posts

Honestly you're better off just optimising them if they close to the top. If they're not, like it was said above, re roll thr worst one you have. Its hit an miss really but roll it to the point you're happy to optimise it from.

• Viking_Jarl
    98 posts

What to expect?
    A lot worse than before.
    Tried 10 re-rerolls and should have kept off it!

Just run Countdown until you get a god-roll on targeted loot!

• Aced_100
    202 posts

With your Memento you will always get the skill tier so you're only re-rolling weapon damage and armor, if you can get even one of these max or near max then optimize the other one, or you may get lucky and get both near max. I have had good luck with re-rolling, and most times I get much better than what I started with, although I don't bother unless the stats on something are really bad.

And consider this if you have 12.8 and the max is 15, its only another 2.2% which is nothing to worry about IMHO. I would only bother if you have plenty of exotic components.

Suggested Topics