Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• longjohn119
    Original poster 769 posts

Is anyone else getting tired of getting stuck on stairs or a crack or not being able to step over a 2x4? This is especially annoying in combat especially in a Boss fight where you can take serious damage

For example:

While I am at it another ridiculous annoyance is "Treasure Hoards" ... I had 15 of them saved so I decided to sit down a do a bunch of them because I needed resources for weapons and armor upgrades but I quit after 4 of them. Why? Because all I got for my time was 3 tattoos and a shield design for my ship .... What the hell kind of "Treasure Hoard" is a freaking tattoo? Someone at Ubisoft has a weird definition of a treasure much less a treasure hoard ....

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• azullFR
    1301 posts

@longjohn119

Ubi definition of "treasure" = people paying at full price a game for making the tests.... 🤑

Joke apart, I also have sometimes troubles in some stairs where Eivor do not understand what "R2" (Heavy attack on PS4) means... but understands very well what beeing stunned means... #beta-tester

• TheNorfolkian
    599 posts

@longjohn119 Oh Yeah, this has always been a very annoying feature of Valhalla. It’s so weird that mobility has become an issue after seeing such fluidity in Origins and Odyssey. The last time I recall mobility issues was with Connor in AC3.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 983 posts

@longjohn119 I'm sorry for the annoyance these issues have been while in Valhalla. I can definitely share the feedback with the "Treasure Hoards" to our team to review closer. As for the stair issues you have received from the video clip shared, have you encountered this behavior in multiple stairs in different locations or only during random occasions? If it's been unexpected, could you share on the map where this has happened so we can also share this with the Dev Team?

Official Response
  • lemmie88
    235 posts

@longjohn119 yes, I find the trap stairs very annoying. I feel like I'm climbing and jumping like a skilled acrobat, fighting like a fierce warrior... and then I get my foot stuck in the stair. 😑

It is somewhat common and not random. From what I've experienced, a particular stair will always make Eivor stuck. It always happens in the middle. I'm pretty sure there's one at Sherwood Hideout (frequent thousand eyes quest location).

I have also seen where instead of getting stuck, Eivor will grunt and shoulder-check the air in the middle of the stair, as if there's some obstacle there. I know there is one on the way to the Hall in Jorvik, because I ran into it every single one of the 5000 times you have to report to Ljufvina. It is because of this I make Eivor avoid stairs and climb everything like a monkey instead of behaving like a civilized person.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2322 posts

@longjohn119 I have moved your issue with the NPC burning into a new thread as it is a different issue and I will reply to you on there.

With regards to the other issue you encountered with the stairs. Can you confirm if this has only occurred in certain locations and if so could you provide another video or some screenshots to highlight those areas on the map, I can then forward it on to the development team to see if they are able to reproduce it.

@lemmie88 I'm sorry to hear that you have also encountered the issue with the stairs and the other issue that you mentioned which appears to be an invisible object.

If possible could you please provide videos to show this and also highlight the locations on the map.

Official Response

Suggested Topics