ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Multicut
    Original poster 2 posts

In my opinion is the cover shooter mechanic. If Ubi change this mechanic in the Hartland game it will be much more a strong game and it will get much more players.
    A "the Division game" with more natural and fluid movements, where you can crouch, prone or jump like most 3rd person shooters but with the Division RPG mechanics will be the best version of this game.
    If you watch some youtube videos you are gonna see easily that most players almost never uses the cover shooter feature in this game. It makes the game clumsy and harm the gameplay.

What do you think?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Virtual-Chris
    798 posts

I agree. I think the movement and cover system is the worst part of this game. I feel like I move like an elephant compared to the enemies who are like Usain Bolt on crack. And the cover is ridiculously sticky to the point I’m running circles around a tree to try and get away from it. It’s comical. It’s just the kludgiest movement system I’ve ever played.

In the next title, they desperately need to get rid of the stickiness, allow stance changes anywhere to crouched/kneeling or prone, and either lighten my load by taking that ridiculous mini gun off my back, or give me some crack like the enemies have, so I can actually move like a somewhat athletic individual and not a 300lb couch potato in waist deep water. LOL.

Oh, and while they’re at it, they can fix the poor camera implementation as well. Allow third person camera shoulder switching any time (not just while aiming) and allow 3rd or 1st person aiming on every gun/optic. This is basic basic shooter stuff.

• Noxious81
    828 posts

I think the weakest feature of The Division are players who prefer to complain over playing The Division like The Division.

In other words:
    Ever since launch of the game there have been a few players who weren't really interested in builds, in strategies or tactics, in taking cover, in taking on challenging gameplay or most of the aspects that make The Division The Division – and not Call of Duty. They kept on complaining how hard the game was – because they simply weren't good enough for the hardest difficulties, but yet somehow demanded to be able to complete them with ease. Gear? Too complicated. Loot? Too bad. Enemies? Too strong. Mechanics? Don't care.

Basically all those complaints nearly rendered the cover-feature useless (as the OP described), because the game has become so easy and some builds (especially builds with shields) have become so ridiculously overpowered, that taking cover is not even a necessity on heroic difficulty.

I really miss the times back when only invaded missions offered heroic difficulty and the missions were so [censored] hard that we sometimes had to fall back several rooms to regroup and make new plans. So maybe you could say that currently the weakest feature of The Division is the lack of really challenging content (which imho would go a long way concerning replayability and longtime-motivation for veterans). But since (imho) not The Division is to blame for this lack of challenging content but the group of players crying for an easier game (instead of playing on lower difficulty levels) I decided to pick them as the weakest feature.

• XMdead
    144 posts

I completely agree. The vast majority of my deaths are caused by funky game mechanics instead of my own actions, and of those getting stuck when I am trying to move is by far the most common reason.

Being a cover shooter is a great design choice, but you don't need to get glued to the cover to play in cover shooter mode. Cover shooting is what I always did in Far Cry and most other games I play, without getting glued to the cover.

For a close second as the worst feature I nominate the network coding and servers. Frequent crashes due to connection issues that are not on your end but a factor of the path between your location and the servers or server overload are not cool. But I have hopes that this will improve, Ubisoft tends to listen if you can explain the issues properly.

• LateNiteDelight
    1013 posts

Jumping in shooters is cancer. Friends don't let friends ask for bunny hopping jackalopes in their games.

Crouching 👍

There are builds that allow you to largely ignore cover 👩‍🏫

• DutchLMB4ever
    303 posts

@noxious81 This!!
    Bad players demanding easy elite player content.
    And it's not even that they cant play good.
    (It's like you said)
    They don't want to understand how builds work.
    So they run around with 6 fenris using an smg/rifle.
    And complain why their skills don't do damage.
    So basically they aren't even bad, but they are dumb asf.

They are nearly not asking for completing rewards after they quit mid mission. Lol

• Virtual-Chris
    798 posts

@dutchlmb4ever

I dunno… I’m on these forums everyday and I don’t see any complaints about the game being easy. In fact, at least once a week, there’s a rage filled post talking about how difficult the game is.

Lack of difficult content is not even close to being on my list of issues.

• DutchLMB4ever
    303 posts

@virtual-chris
    you are right because they already have it their easy way.
    Heroic missions AND world was like how legendary is right now. (it was beautiful)
    Challenge was like how heroic is now.
    Etc.

They also complained that the enemy's flank too much.
    Now the enemy don't do it that often, so the players (that dont complain anymore) can stay in the same cover until every enemy is dead.
    And more bs like that.

Just stay in the tier where you can stay alive until it's too easy.
    Then go up a tier.
    Repeat
    Really easy rules.

But they didn't except that because hard world tier doesn't give the same (better) loot as heroic.
    The devs couldn't give heroic even more better loot either.
    So heroic had to be easier...
    Now elite players have 3 missions.
    And most of those complainers still play hard tier.
    Because they feel powerful in there *sigh*

• TxDieselKid
    289 posts

The lack of continued content post WONY, and the lack of PvP additions.

No new maps, no new places to explore,..... nothing.

• N3mB0t
    846 posts

in three little letters ...

PVP

• dagrommit
    894 posts

Getting stuck to cover is absolutely the worst part of the game. And yeah, no jumping please.

• Imagine_Brata
    417 posts

@virtual-chris Because 99% of those who complain are Normal / Hard level ready players. Who only wants Heroic loot, and wants nerf heroic to the ground to (Storymode level) for easy loot. (they destroying the game)

• Adrian-11
    881 posts

@imagine_brata @Virtual-Chris

I like the posts that are complaining that the game is "cheating"... 🤡 😖 🤦

The weakest "feature"? 👉 downgraded servers 👈

• Rodnaz
    72 posts

@dutchlmb4ever

My thought is the dev's don't pay attention to squat so I'm a little hesitant on the easy mode change. To me though by far games weakest feature is sticking to objects. I get triple bent when easing out of cover to end up jumping into an execution - mine. lol That is absolute #1 other than the Dev's don't pay attention to squat! I know this magical turnaround is suppose to happen ---- later. Their incessant in the back game play puts me off especially when they come down an elevator behind me. That's happened a few times. I've bitc*ed about that & their crack loaded players, world champ sprinters, contortionists that hide behind a bent toothpick etc. That stuff but not easier, just fair with a hint of realism.
    End of rant

• Ken_Koerperich
    68 posts

Multiple things starting w/:

1) Crappy loot drops/gear
    2) Cover system sucks
    3) PvP Removed
    4) Did I say Crappy drops/gear
    5) No MM for Raids
    6) In Game Chat Breaks To Much
    7) Story Line To Short
    😎 Ah Hell, Pretty Much Everything Sucked In This Game

Toodles!

• HonestlyOK1986
    147 posts

Its player base.

• Multicut
    Original poster 2 posts

@latenitedelight Im not talking about things like jumping to evade bullets but to move through the map. You could run at the top of parked vehicles, jumping between them for example.

• Oatiecrumble
    473 posts

🖕 👉 Getting stuck in cover 👈 🖕

• Merphee
    61 posts

The loot from daily / weekly projects.

• LateNiteDelight
    1013 posts

@multicut that's not how it works though. We already have a pretty smooth mantling system. If there is an ability to jump, people will abuse it.

Also, have you ever tried jumping with 50-100 pounds of gear on?

Suggested Topics