ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Felistopus_
    2 posts

Bumping this, i just switched to linux and i would love if R6S would work on linux

• SlouchyButton
    6 posts

It is incredibly sad that R6 runs so well on Linux, like exceptionally well, yet the only thing that prevents playing it on Linux is anticheat. Please Ubi, we haven't lost hope yet.

• x_V01D_x
    4 posts

Weekly request to enable anticheat support for Linux 😑

• COF_MrShekel
    1 posts

I'd like to throw in my two cents as well. Been playing this game since it came out. For technical and privacy reasons switched to Linux - literally every other game I play works just fine if not better than on Windows, but sadly this game doesn't work. C'mon Ubi, do what's right!

• achromatopsic 0
    1 posts

please!!! as a linux user i really want to play r6s!!

• StKViper12
    1 posts

I was planning to go to linux, but one of the only games in my playlist, it's not supported on linux for me to perform better on my pc -_-

• GaeForTachanka
    1 posts

+1 I started playing siege on my xbox 2020 when I got it for Xmas. After a few months of enjoying the game VERY much, i decided to get it on my pc, (windows 10 at the time) And played it for 2 years, absolutely enjoying it. now however I decided to switch to linux because my pc wasn't up to the task of handling windows bullcrap, it could run the game very well but, windows was just a struggle 24/7 on linux I cannot play the game anymore, why? who knows, the anticheat could've been implemented so easily, I've experienced it in other games, they all worked flawlessly, yet Siege for some reason, just hasn't enabled the support. I'm dying here looking for alternatives of siege, yet everything else is just csgo. There simply aren't any other game out there that is competitive, plays out and feels like siege, it's such a great game and is one in a mil, and there is no reason to not add this support. SO PLEASE DO IT!

• PapaMikeyYT
    58 posts

@SXGES @Ubi-Milky still waiting on any concrete response whatsoever

• chunky.tinkl
    2 posts

i would love to play r6 on linux

• Solid_Snonk
    2 posts

We need R6S Linux OS support, through Proton or Native build.

I'm not booting into Windows for this game, I wiped my Windows SSD and won't be reinstalling.

Most other games that are for Windows are supported under Proton.

Even APEX Legends supports Proton.

Come on guys, this is an easy W for you guys if you just do it.

• HTSimple
    1 posts

Well, It's 2022.
    BattleEye does supports Linux already.
    Rainbow Six Siege still doesn't.

Ubisoft, what in the Earth?

• SlouchyButton
    6 posts

@HTSimple BattleEye have been supporting linux from their start. They have tweeted it when Valve started working with EAC and BE to make the Proton work. Battleye just made it even simpler and started supporting Proton. BE is easier to enable than EAC, because for EAC there are two versions (and one, the older one, will never support Proton, and that is the one that is mostly used by devs - this is why it takes a long time for some games. They have to switch EAC version which comes with many problems), but for BE, its just that one email. They supported Linux for Native games and had BE Linux binaries from start of their bussiness.

• ThotRemover
    12 posts

This needs more attention. Bump

• For_SaIt
    4 posts

+1 for Proton or Linux Support

• PapaMikeyYT
    58 posts

I hate that my two favorite games, this and dead by daylight are some of the only games that dont work now.

• WINDOWS-789
    28 posts

How many years does ubisoft need to ask battleye to enable linux support ?

• Osito391
    2 posts

Please, I really want to play R6 with my friends!!!

• Osito391
    2 posts

I'm not sure if my post was published, so I'll say it again. Please add Linux support, me and my friends really want to play this game!!!

• WINDOWS-789
    28 posts

I think they will never enable the linux support. They saw another discussion where I posted the link of this discussion and locked the other discussion. They know that we are asking for the support. They just don't care. They are worst than EA, even Apex Legends work on Linux.

They just need to send an email but it is too hard for them.

• x_V01D_x
    4 posts

@Ubi-Milky @Ubi-Orion
    How's the support for Linux coming along? 😊

Suggested Topics