ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• LateNiteDelight
    Original poster 1040 posts

I normally ignore Rogues in the DZ, because I'm just there grinding Recon and collecting DZ resources [and I enjoy the Maps/Landmarks]. Typically, I don't much end up battling them, or they mess with each other on some other part of the map. Occasionally, I'll get backdoored in a Landmark, or jumped at an extraction, but I just roll with it as a cost of being in there.

But I've been thinking about fighting back, as I'm in a bit of a game hole at the moment. Anyone have some build recommendations for dealing with the usual DPS Rogues?

I figured I should put together a 3R3B Crit build [need to farm]. I've got a 4R/3Y Skill/Sniper hybrid. I've got a Pesti Striker build. I've got a Capacitor/Crusader Crit build. Maybe something focused more on Headshot than Crit, since they're running car doors and I'll be going for their domes anyway?

I'm tempted to just troll them with a Shrapnel Trap + Bulwark/Liberty/High-Noon build.. but maybe I'll feel like honestly engaging them at some point, and I'd like to have a build or two for that.

Is there anything that can turn the tide on an AdRush/Intimidate/In-Sync Crusader? Or you just take the gank and prep for the next encounter?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• WalkinTarget1
    39 posts

@latenitedelight On one hand, I have sooo many DZ questions (even though I get in plenty of DZ hours, they are all mostly farming), but I fully expect no clear answers, simply because if you are a good PvPer, you aren't giving away any secrets. So with that in mind, I will ask away on what I have questions to, and hope that we get some valid replies.

Rigger - decoy + shrapnel traps. I used this in the DZ this morning. It was .... OK. Its meant to punish an aggressive rogue, but NPCs actually avoid rushing you for the most part. Does it work against rogues ?

Oxi/Artificer - another build I made recently. Tier 6 Oxi buffed by the artificer. Does a helluva number indoors. If someone is running a scanner pulse in the group, you can carpet bomb an area and chew the rogues armor up. But is it able to down a 4B rogue with a bulwark ?

• WalkinTarget1
    39 posts

Got smoked this morning in DZ west, southern extract. Both times I was in a hurry and hung on the rope early, leaving them plenty of time to go rogue and cut the rope. Ughh ... I even downed the guy as he downed me, but we both got back to grab our loot and he was behind me and flagged.

Second time was at eastern extract. He flagged early and I hadn't switched to my pulse/tank build. So here I am with my skills build, trying to stay in cover and my turret and drone were chewing him up. I should have stayed aggressive (I never learn) and went to hang on the bag with 10s left, at which point he hopped out from behind the firetruck at the extract site and finished me off. Dammit I hate myself for being so passive when they flag on me.

• badkarmacreepin
    36 posts

@walkintarget1 When extracting, I always fire a flare up in a place where I can have line of sight on the rope 50-60m (or more) away, in cover (preferably with a wall behind me) so I only have to monitor one direction, but an exit to scurry away if contact is made. I sit it this spot and watch the rope area for potential rogues. If one shows up, I turn and run. When the chopper arrives, I put my bag on immediately, and hurry back to the spot. I'm not going to give specific spots, for my own security, but if you find a spot like I've described, I've used it or am using it.

When someone (or a group) shows up with my bag already on, I'm far enough away to drop anyone trying to cut the rope, without them knowing I'm there. And if they come after me, I back up a little to pull them away from the rope. Now they're having to decide whether to pursue me or cut the rope. If they go back to the rope, I get back in my original position and fire on any hijackers. If a full squad, and 3 chase you and one stays on the rope, stay on the rope guy until you down him, then back up. It will further add complexity to the rogues' decision-making process, since they've now got to revive one of their own, kill me, AND cut the rope - on a ticking clock.

Good luck!

• Sock_Monkey
    535 posts

@badkarmacreepin I realize this thread is old, but stumbled across it and wanted to mention a tactic I've used many, many times to extract (when solo).

Start an extraction in one place, then (as fast as possible) run to another and start one there. Rogues cannot monitor both, and if you aren't visible when they arrive they won't necessarily leave because they usually think you're hiding till the last 10 seconds before putting your loot on.

In the 70-80 times I've used this tactic I can only remember getting ganked twice, so it's pretty effective. I tend to only use it if I have something I actually want to keep, which is rare anymore. Usually I just extract for the XP and Proficiency caches, then deconstruct everything on the other side for the mats. In those cases it's not really worth the effort I described above.

• badkarmacreepin
    36 posts

@sock_monkey I've done the multiple extraction thing too, sometimes with three going at the same time (for like a 10 second max overlap).

But I usually only do it if I know there's someone in the DZ going rogue or I already killed a rogue once and they're instinctively going to be coming back for revenge.

I think putting your bag on the rope as early as possible and guarding it works better....but that's totally subjective. In the end, if you're successfully extracting, keep it up.

Suggested Topics