Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• docfirebrand001
    Original poster 3 posts

Hi yesterday I purchased the X/S version of Breakpoint for my Series S. However, it is installed and has not been installed in the X/S category on the menu and does not have an X/S logo in the corner. Is this correct ?

Cheers

Rick

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 630 posts

Hi there, @docfirebrand001! I'd be happy to investigate this for you. Could you please provide me with a screenshot of what you are seeing? Also, give this troubleshooting guide a try to test if it makes any difference for you? Thanks!

Official Response
  • Jeramix
    1 posts

@docfirebrand001 I also am experiencing the same. I have the Xbox Series S. I got the Ultimate Edition of breakpoint. It only installs the base game for Xbox one. Not optimized and has no logo of X|S. I also did all the troubleshooting that you have given on that link but it’s still the same. I got to the store, it says “Manage you own this” I select manage and the items on the list are the base game and add ons. It doesn’t have the XS version as an option to install. 😔

• docfirebrand001
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubisushivamp

Tried the test no different, as you can see from the attached screenshot, that incidentally, it says error validating file when it uploads to this message the game clearly is in the normal xbox games and not the X/S portion of the X Box menu

So what do we do now ?

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1037 posts

Hello everyone, thanks for getting in touch with us about the new listing for the Ultimate Edition of the game, on the Xbox Series X/S console store.

The Ultimate version of the game does not add anything new to the game in terms of content on XBSX/S consoles, only updated key art.

The performance you can expect on the Xbox Series X are as follows >

Performance Mode = 1080P at 60 FPS
    Resolution Mode = 4K at 30 FPS

The performance you can expect on the Xbox Series S is 1440P/2K at 30 FPS.

The game is available on these consoles through backward compatability. Please see our article for more information >
    https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/ghost-recon/breakpoint/news-updates/6nVED9nYA0oYaC3jxVAWry/tom-clancys-ghost-recon-breakpoint-nextgeneration-consoles

Official Response
  • docfirebrand001
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi-milky So basically i have purchased the game for a second time hoping for something X/S which it does say is Optimised for it. and its essentially not just a frame rate boost. this should have been made clear on the store... that is not a fair play Ubisoft

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1037 posts

I apologize for any confusion on the store listing @docfirebrand001

The Xbox Series X version of the game is a port the Xbox One X Enhanced version we released previously with 4K and HDR support >
    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/10/10/inside-xbox-one-x-enhanced-ghost-recon-breakpoint/

On the store listing, it should normally show an XB1 Enhanced logo on the game tile, or be listed under Xbox1 Enhanced games. We have fed this back to the Ghost Recon team, how this might not be clear on the XBSX storefront.

Please see the Ghost Recon teams Twitter post here >

Official Response
  • RenanBan
    3 posts

@ubi-milky Really, you guys should release a next gen update for this game. Look how much people wants it, that made them buy TWO copies of the same game so we can play with a smooth framerate on Series S, I myself was searching about this new X|S optimized version but it was bait. Not everyone has the money to buy a Series X.
    Please give us something, Motherland DLC will come with anything perfomance related?

• RenanBan
    3 posts

@docfirebrand001 I don't know why they did not make a nextgen REAL update. Just looked at the people who bought TWO copies of the game hopping to get a perfomance boost, because not everyone can buy a Series X

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 530 posts

Hey @RenanBan, welcome to forums and thank you for your input on the matter there. I do appreciate that some players would like to receive performance boost on next gen consoles therefore accordingly, will make sure that this gets forwarded to our game team for further review.

Should you have any more feedback/suggestions to share, or if you run into any difficulties, do not hesitate and drop us a message at any time!

Official Response
  • RenanBan
    3 posts

@ubi-karl I really appreciate your response Karl, hope to get a boost in the future, untill then stay safe friend.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 530 posts

Thanks @RenanBan, you as well! 🙂

Official Response
  • bloupotlood1984
    2 posts

@ubi-milky The game is incredibly frustrating to play at 30fps. Removed it to make space for other titles.

• bloupotlood1984
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 960 posts

Sorry to see you've wound up uninstalling the game as a result of the performance options @bloupotlood1984 .

As noted by Milky, we'll continue to pass player's comments and feedback onto the team, to help make messaging clearer regarding the Xbox Series X / S versions.

We can't confirm if any changes will be made at this time, but if any new editions are announced, they'll be announced publicly on the game's channels.

Should there be anything more we can help with, please let us know!

Thank you for your understanding!

Official Response
  • xMotorCityBx
    1 posts

@renanban I feel your pain! All I want is to play Breakpoint at 60FPS on my Xbox Series S.. GR is my favorite franchise but its hard to go back to playing 30FPS.. I really hope they add 'FPS Boost' on Series S soon, it would make so many people happy..

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1746 posts

Hello @xmotorcitybx,

THank you for sharing your feedback! I'll pass it along to the team 🙂

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response

Suggested Topics