ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• xlastovi
    Original poster 117 posts

Hello,

this issue was bad but managable during levelling and at level 30. At WT5 I could at least immediately see a gear score of an item. But now at 40 it is unbearable for me. It is all just orange or purple level 40.
    I don't know what gear is rewarded for playing missions at several more difficult variants.
    Recalibration library - I don't know whether to try and fill it. Too many talents that are unsharable! between different weapon types. And that are only talents, not talking about attributes...
    Not sure what I should do. I cannot invest several more hundreds or thousands hours in the game.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• N3mB0t
    801 posts

@xlastovi you are overthinking it , take a step back , take a deep breath , examine , adapt and overcome.

or just move to another game where inventory management isnt a thing , because in the Division IT IS A THING.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

Play on challenging if you only want high-end gear. Ignore the open world boxes as they don't scale with difficulty. And definitely fill-out the recalibration library with talents from weapons that you would otherwise crush or sell.

And yeah, it's a looter shooter with a whole lot of RNG. Inventory management is part of the deal.

• xlastovi
    Original poster 117 posts
    @xlastovi you are overthinking it , take a step back , take a deep breath , examine , adapt and overcome.

or just move to another game where inventory management isnt a thing , because in the Division IT IS A THING.

No. It was not like this in the Division 1. It was much less complicated. I had one effective end game setup.

And I played all Borderlands before the 3. It was difficult to compare weapons there due to undocumented mechanics and they did not drop so often. And gear was more simple so it was mostly about weapons and skill tree.

Moving to another game is surely a possibility. But I would like to first collect all collectibles and complete whole story.

• N3mB0t
    801 posts

@xlastovi

well if all you want is to finish the campaign then why bother with inventory? just wear whatever is better and trash all the rest.

Division 1 was waaay more complicated to manage inventory wise , what you are missing here is the ability to look at stuff and be able to decide how good it is in a ablink of an eye, that comes with time and the will to learn , and you dont need many of the two , just the enough amount.

also DIV1 build diversity was... none , its was a choice between 2 or 3 classified gearsets , of course that was easy to manage , and to get bored of real quick too.

• ArthurFriend
    53 posts

Division 2 has a way better inventory management. I totally adore being able to loot as junk or to dismantle loot right away.

Try to learn to recognize the quality of the loot directly from the bars of the attributes. The small white triangles on the bars show the stored value in your recalibration library, so you can see directly whether you still need the value or not. Purple loot can be left on the ground or sold, if you really want to improve your equipment. And the less loot you simply pick up without having looked at it first, the faster you will be able to clean up your inventory later.

• Sr_0v3rk1ll
    89 posts

@xlastovi dude? attributes. The higher the difficulty the more maxed out this gear pieces are. Not only that you get more named items and such. I'm level 1070 and I'm still trying to build some sets. Cause you have to wait for the stars to line up to get rewarded the attributes and talents you need. When you get to understand this game to it's fullest you'll realize you don't get rewarded enough of what you need. But, that's ok cause you still need titanium, carbon fiber, electronics and a lot of other things you get by destroying this items.

Division games are not about shooting for the most part. It's a plus to be a good shooter, as in a either tracking targets well or snapping on to targets fast while being accurate. But, in this game stacking your talents and attributes together to fit your style is more valuable. You are in the right track when you are able to finish heroic missions alone. If not you're doing something wrong and you have to find out what it is.

• Virtual-Chris
    798 posts

I think there’s an argument to be made for less loot of higher quality. I’m sure we all dismantle or sell about 99% of the loot that drops, keeping only that odd good piece that has a couple of good rolls that can be calibrated/optimized.

So why not reduce the volume of loot dropped, if 99% is trash? Have only named bosses drop loot but it’s very likely going to be good. The rest is trash anyway.

I dunno. If they offered me a set of filters to not even show me loot that wasn’t in the 90th percentile or better, I’d definitely use it. I wouldn’t see much, but when I did, it would be worth picking up.

• echolecter
    223 posts

@virtual-chris

We already been through the process of lesser drops and higher quality. For a short while it actually was considerably better and less drops then at the beginning of gear 2.0. Then they came up with the optimization station and overall quality plummeted again. You can't find good items anymore, you need to optimize the things you find. They even changed the composition of mobs with lesser elites so they couldn't drop to much high-end items, same with heavies that are roaming the streets. In past they always dropped high-end stuff, now it's mostly purples.

Fortunately I did find most of the items I wanted when loot was good, been using my builds for over a year now without making changes. Sometimes another piece drops that I can use to replace but this rarely happens. Don't think that I switched more than 10 pieces in all of my load-outs. I just play for fun and ignore all loot, pickup everything as marked to sell or deconstruct. But since I can't bare to get yet another exotic (they aren't) from SHD projects I don't complete those anymore either, and all materials are already maxed.

This game is all about chasing loot drops and hope that you will actually find something good one day. But frankly said you don't anymore, not even on higher difficulties and you are now forced to optimize what does drop. Thus you need to play more to collect everything that is required for an upgrade. Despite what everybody thinks I did find the old system much, much better. Loot attributes were capped and when one attribute was great the others weren't, you had to think and make choices. Now only maximum stats count and if items are less they become pretty much useless. Everyone want those maxed out stuff simply because they exists but have become very hard to find.

• XMdead
    144 posts

Although the game does not explain it, there are some things that are essential if you want to be able to play certain activities:

• You need every blueprint. Not really - as most blueprints are trash - but due to random dropping, unless you get them all you will not get some critical blueprints in the optimization section.
    • You need to max-fill the optimization library, or you will be badly crippled... enough that you will get frustrated and abandon the game.
    • Challenging level is the lowest you should want to play, and try to play Heroic at every opportunity so long as you can survive it. Otherwise the drops will be almost all worthless.
    • Every (very rare) time you get a god-roll (every bar maxed up) wither use it or save the item in your stash. You will eventually want it to build sets of gear for various purposes... even if you have no way to use it now.

If the above is not fun for you, make a new character and don't ever take it to NY. You will get a better variety of projects that way. And use your NY character for the NY/DLC related content. But do not expect for thw two characters to share stuff, the game does not handle that particular mix too well.

• Noxious81
    796 posts
    (...) I’m sure we all dismantle or sell about 99% of the loot that drops, keeping only that odd good piece that has a couple of good rolls that can be calibrated/optimized. (...)

At this point, I'd like to say something maybe a bit provocative:

Players themselves are to blame for this. Or rather, the part of the players who cried out loudly for better loot, for the Optimization Station, and for cheaper Optimization.

Due to these "improvements" good, but not perfect, drops – which would be perfectly sufficient to play raids and legendary missions – are suddenly no longer good enough. Anything that doesn't drop with one or two or three maxed out attributes is considered junk. Because today, thanks again to the aforementioned group of players, we can get perfect items too quickly. And those who have perfect items get bored with non-perfect items as loot. 

In a time long forgotten agents used to play with good and very good items and were totally happy with loot drops of the same quality. Back then perfect items were incredibly rare and felt like real rewards. But because everything had to be easier and faster, the reward system now simply can't work as intended anymore.

• Aced_100
    121 posts

I used to keep gear that had at least one maxed out attribute, I do a whole heap of missions on Challenging because it's much quicker than Heroic, even on Heroic I rarely get these pieces now. Have been after a holster which has Status Effects maxed out for months and can never get one.

• Chunkie__Monkie
    47 posts

@xlastovi But this is Division 2 NOT Division 1 or Borderlands get used to it its not changing

Suggested Topics