ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Falka_
    Original poster 2 posts

Is the HD texture pack for 4k or will it improve the textures regardless of 4k?

I have a resolution of 2560x1440, so will the texture pack improve visuals or is it meant for 4k?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• RamJETz
    14 posts

Got my preload down for Xbox Series X - Base Game = 42.4Gb. However the HD Texture Pack does not appear anywhere. There should be one because PS5 Base Game is 42.8Gb plus another 26Gb for the Texture Pack. Total size PS5 = 68+Gb.

Does anyone know how to acces the Series X HD Textures ? Does it only download on the release day 7th October ?

Odd there is no info about it yet the PS5 version info is available ? I really hope there is a HD Texture pack for the X Series X

• Kormac67
    1100 posts

@ramjetz Ubisoft Connect says ">11gb VRAM required" for HD texture pack.
    I guess consoles are out. So are most PCs.

• RamJETz
    14 posts

@kormac67 You may be correct but I just read an interview with a Dev who said there is going to be a texture pack for both PS5 and XsX.

Could be there is a different technique on console for using Vram - I hope so anyway.

• RamJETz
    14 posts

I just read up and PS5 & XsX both have 16gb of GDDR6 which is shared by cpu & gpu so similar tech in both consoles.

If PS5 has a HD Texture then Series X should also, possibly Series S too.

Can someone from Ubi please let us know ? Thanks

• souper82
    11 posts

@ramjetz I've just downloaded and installed both the game & texture pack - 72GB's worth, just waiting for it to enable playing ! 😁 Pc

• Falka_
    Original poster 2 posts

I think I figured it out. The HD texture pack doesn't seem require a 4k monitor.

https://frondtech.com/how-to-get-the-hd-texture-pack-in-far-cry-6/: (https://frondtech.com/how-to-get-the-hd-texture-pack-in-far-cry-6)

• RamJETz
    14 posts

@souper82 Cool, have fun but I am asking about the Xbox Series X version.

Nobody will confirm but I think it should be same as ps5 at 2gb for the HD Textures.

Ubisoft would do better to answer questions like this but the employees rather play the game !

• Kormac67
    1100 posts

@falka_ You can simply get closer to an object before seeing pixels in the texture.
    Of course this is more relevant the higher your screen resolution is.

• A Former User
    0 posts

Yeah.

It doesn't matter what resolution you're playing on -- these HD textures will work regardless.

The higher resolution the better, of course.

• Akira1364
    159 posts

@falka_ Higher resolution textures will always provide clear visual benefits, regardless of what resolution the game is being rendered at.

• Kormac67
    1100 posts

@akira1364 Only if their resolution gets near the resolution they are rendered at.

Suggested Topics