ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• oO_HODOR_Oo
    Original poster 26 posts

hi,

when i click "get it for free" connect displays a new window saying:

Your game is displayed in the Uplay library

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon

click OK to link the game to your Ubisoft account. You will be able to access it in your list of games from any computer.

Cancel
    Ubisoft Support
    OK

OK is not working - client does not do anything. same goes for wildlands DLC.
    at least ghostrecon can be added at games page at free games - as a workaround

please fix the shop / link
    thanks
    hodor

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• EdWood110
    1 posts

@oo_hodor_oo I have exactly the same problems. I was able to purchase the games but not able to add the free DLC, the OK button just does nothing. Going to the website, it simply redirects me to the the app... and again, nothing.

• Grumpy_Wolf
    3 posts

Similar issues, except I can click continue but then it asks me for a activation code, why is a free game asking me for a code?

• Grumpy_Wolf
    3 posts

I'm trying to activate the free DLC available right now, but whenever I click on it, it says free, I hit continue, then it asks me for a activation code. Please fix this.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2700 posts

Hey @grumpy_wolf

If you already own the content from a previous time by purchasing it or the Season Pass, this could be why it isn't letting you claim it again. Is this the case for you?

Official Response
  • Ubi-Froggard

Hey everyone,

Just merged 2 threads on this, but please can you double check you don't already own the Fallen Ghosts DLC through the Season Pass? Let us know if this isn't the case for you please.

Official Response
  • asjunk
    2 posts

@ubi-froggard

I can verify that I don't have the season pass that would include the Fallen Ghosts DLC, and that I don't have the original Ghost Recon on Ubiconnect. I am having the same issue cited upthread -- the "OK" button in the Ubisoft Connect application simply doesn't work to allow you to add the free game to your account for either Fallen Ghosts or the original Ghost Recon.

Any suggestions?

• unexactriot299
    12 posts

I'm having the same problem in ubisoft connect that whenever I press the "OK" button nothing happens

• oO_HODOR_Oo
    Original poster 26 posts

@ubi-froggard
    I have just bought wildlands for kicks, to see if the great connect software allows to add it as dlc from the game page - it does not, it allows purchase for original price, not as give away.
    also, no year pass
    still, wildlands giveaway does not work, as stated above

ultimately playmate below added a wise comment - fix the store 🙂

cheers
    hodor

• Ubi-Froggard

Hey everyone,

I just tested this myself with my own account using Ubisoft Connect to redeem them and the game was able to add fine and I can see that appear in the library.

However, with the DLC for Wildlands, there was no indication that this had redeemed, even though I can see that it has added to my account, but if you don't own the game there isn't a way of you seeing this and I can see this hasn't silently added for all of you.

I will report this issue to the Ubisoft Connect team and also mention that some players are having an issue redeeming the game too.

Please also make sure to try redeeming the giveaway's through both Ubisoft Connect and the giveaway website (there is links within this link to click on). Please let us know if it worked on one but not the other for you.

In the meantime, if you still have an issue after trying both places to claim the giveaway, please reach out through one of the methods below so we can log a support ticket for each of you to help get this resolved:

Tickets & Live Chat

Twitter

Facebook

Official Response
  • oO_HODOR_Oo
    Original poster 26 posts

@ubi-froggard
    giwe away link page works for dlc, as written before it does not work through connect

maybe ubisoft should go back to good old iframe - or similar - in connect, and simply open a page that works instead of having non- working links and workarounds. 😉

• Ubi-Froggard

@oo_hodor_oo Thanks for the update on your situation.

It doesn't seem to affect everyone, as I mentioned it has redeemed OK for myself through Ubisoft Connect and we're not seeing many reports of the issues mentioned here, but I have reported this to the Ubisoft Connect team regardless.

If anyone does struggle to claim everything they want, we'll be able to help through one of the private channels mentioned in my post above.

Official Response
  • asjunk
    2 posts

It worked for me, too, *if* I went to the giveaway page first and clicked in through there.

It did not work if I added the product directly via the Ubisoft store website or Ubiconnect app, despite both purporting to offer the products for $0.

@ubi-froggard, thank you for posting the solution!

• Grumpy_Wolf
    3 posts

@ubi-froggard I guess I got the season pass because it seems to work fine in game, thanks. I seriously don't remember ever buying it.

• samsagace
    2 posts

@ubi-froggard :I had no problem retrieving the game but it does not launch it is still loading the wheel turns turns indefinitely.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3019 posts

Thank you everyone for keeping us updated and letting us know you have been able to redeem the game, at least through the giveaway pages >
    https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/ghost-recon/breakpoint/news-updates/4P4NwbBFUUFvk1IeorXExL/ghost-recon-20th-anniversary-giveaways-october-2021

We have passed the steps you took to redeem the content, onto our Connect team so they are aware there are issues when redeeming from the Store and Connect launcher, thank you all for bringing this to our attention.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Milky

Hey @samsagace thank you for your post. Which game is it you are having trouble with launching?

GR Wildlands or the original Ghost Recon?

If this is the original Ghost Recon, you may need to launch the games .exe file in Windows compatibility mode and disable full-screen optimizations, in the Properties, Compatability tab, if the game is having trouble launching on a modern OS such as Windows 10.

Official Response
  • samsagace
    2 posts

i did all of that i even tried checking files, looking at uninstall and reinstall firewall permissions but no nothing!

• Ubi-Milky

Thank you for reply @samsagace when you say you checked the files, do you mean you verified the game files as shown in this guide? >
    https://www.ubisoft.com/help?article=000060529

Can you also please try running the game as an administrator in the games .exe files Properties menu, under the compatibility tab again, and then try launching the game from its .exe file, whilst the Ubisoft Connect launcher is completely closed?

Official Response
  • itsBrxndon
    1 posts

Was able to get the giveaway through the page - but no uplay, but it asks for an activation key. Any fix for that?

Suggested Topics