ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Dutchwallie
    Original poster 2 posts

Its 4:04 am CEST still no pre load for me.
    Does it work the same for Ubisoft+ subs, or do we have to wait until release to download.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5606 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

As the game has now been officially released in all regions, pre-load will no longer be available. For this reason, we will be marking this thread as resolved and locking it.

If you are still unable to access the game despite it being past your regional release time, please can you share your report within this dedicated Megathread.
    If you have been able to install the game successfully, but you are experiencing crashes on launch, then please can you share your report within this dedicated Megathread.

If you are encountering a different issue which is preventing you from enjoying Far Cry 6, then please open a new thread and we will take a closer look. When opening a new thread, please include as much information about the issue you're encountering as possible. Any additional images/videos are always helpful for further investigation as well!

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • aKawaiiLizard
    3 posts

Same thing for me, it's currently 1:05 am EDT and pre-load is not showing for me, I have opened and closed ubisoft connect multiply times.

• aKawaiiLizard
    3 posts

ubisoft, you said the game would be avalible for pre-load at 12 am EDT, I exit and open Uplay 7 times now and it isn't showing

• Kormac67
    1023 posts

@akawaiilizard It's downloading right now.

• Kormac67
    1023 posts

Just finished download.

• Treamnate
    35 posts

I pre-order on EGS but it still not letting me pre-load either on Ubi connect or EGS
    https://imgur.com/vF85guw

• Treamnate
    35 posts
  • UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 909 posts

Hi there, @treamnate! I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles with preloading Far Cry 6. Please try to run Ubisoft Connect as administrator and let me know if this helps resolve the issue for you.

Official Response
  • UbiSushiVamp

Hello, everyone! Have you all been able to preload the game at this point? Please let me know, thanks!

Official Response
  • Treamnate
    35 posts

@ubisushivamp nope it didn't work

• UbiSushiVamp

@treamnate I apologize that this did not help! Would you be willing to share with me where you purchased Far Cry 6 from?

Official Response
  • Treamnate
    35 posts

@ubisushivamp it has been sorted out its just confusion from ur side regarding the time zone I'm from India so for me, it has to be started preload around 8:30 PM on 5th OCT but it started 1:00 AM on 6th OCT so basically for u guys TIME ZONE are like this 1:00 AM AEST on 6th OCT=1:00 AM IST on 6th OCT

• WildHunt
    197 posts

I'm having nothing but trouble with the FC6 install.

I had the preload installed from Epic and when I launched it, Ubisoft connected installed another version on my machine because it doesn't recognize the Epic install location and installed another version right next to it:

"FarCry6" is what Epic installs it as and won't let me change the name of the folder, only its location.

"Far Cry 6" is what Ubisoft Connect looks for and installs it again because it doesn't recognize the "FarCry6" folder.

This has happened in other Ubisoft games and they are forever "investigating" the issue, for over a year now with some games and it never gets fixed. So I have uninstalled both versions, now I am trying again. If it keeps happening I'll refund.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

I've merged together some similar threads about being unable to preload Far Cry 6 into a single thread. Creating a single thread helps us to keep all updates and information regarding an issue in an easy-to-find place. I apologise if any ongoing discussion was disrupted by this merge.

You can find out more information on the preloading times, as well as the official release times for your platform, in this tweet:

If you are still unable to preload Far Cry 6, please can you provide us with the following information:

• Which platform / launcher do you use (eg. Ubisoft Connect, Epic Game Store, Stadia etc)?
    • An image which shows that you do not have the option to preload the game.

We can then pass these reports along to the dedicated team for further investigation.

@WildHunt - I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble preload installing the game, and that you are prompted to download it twice on Epic and Ubisoft Connect. I'd recommend that you manually change the installation path using the "Locate Installed Game" feature in Ubisoft Connect to point to where the Epic version is installed. You can also use this support article to help you to manually locate the installation location for Far Cry 6.

If you're still having trouble preloading the game, please don't hesitate to reach out so we can take a closer look at this.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • WildHunt
    197 posts

@ubi-borealis Hi, it is my understanding that the "locate installed game" feature only works for released games. For preloads it won't work (you don't get the option). That is fine, I'll wait until release. The fact this is still happening with Epic is frustrating.

It happened with Wild Lands and to my knowledge it never got fixed, just the work-around you posted. AC Valhalla and WD Legion on Epic never had this problem because Epic and Ubisoft Connect both had matching install folder names. I feel like this issue will still crop up with my future Ubsioft games purchased on Epic. I don't know why this doesn't get resolved, is it one side pushing off onto the other? Can we just get this fixed once and for all?

• Ubi-Borealis

I apologise for any frustration that has been caused by this, @WildHunt. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I'll pass this along to the dedicated team for further investigation.

If you are still having trouble installing the game following release by using this workaround, please let us know so we can help you get into the game as soon as possible.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • souper82
    11 posts

@ubisushivamp Not in the UK as yet..

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @souper82!

Just to confirm, have you not been able to preload Far Cry 6? If so, please can you provide us with the following information:

• Which platform / launcher do you use (eg. Ubisoft Connect, Epic Game Store, Stadia etc)?
    • An image which shows that you do not have the option to preload the game.

We can then pass this report along to the dedicated teams for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • souper82
    11 posts

@ubi-borealis PC windows 10 Ubisoft Connect
    I've downloaded & installed the game (72Gb's)
    I've tried clicking the icon on my desktop to no effect, all i get is taken to the Ubisoft Connect page. I get no further.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/xciloXk.jpg[/img]

• souper82
    11 posts

@souper82 Concering my above-post... The page shows that the game is pre-loaded but its grey-out.

Suggested Topics