Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Inrapt
    Original poster 2 posts

I understand we can dual wield 2H weapons, but when I just want a single longsword on my back, there is an extra sheath there with no way to get rid of it. It looks silly and completely ruins the look. Please let me know if there is a way to remove the sheath(I have hidden the 2nd hand weapon slot and that didn't work), or if it is a bug that is known and being worked on. Thank you.
    undefined

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Inrapt
    Original poster 2 posts

bump, still not in known issues thread. will possibly contact support in the next few days if I don't see it there

• Graesholt
    9 posts

Hello.

I would like a very simple thing in the game fixed.
    When you equip a two-handed weapon, two sheaths appear on Eivor's back, though only one is in use.
    Can you please remove the second sheath, untill another two-handed weapon is equipped?
    For the few of us who notice this, it is a HUGE eye-sore.

Furthermore, if not one-handed weapons are equipped, can you please hide the belts that flop around eivor's hips?
    They really have not function or business there and look extremely silly...

Thank you.

• Graesholt
    9 posts

Furthermore, if you hide the scabbards of weapons when you hide the weapons, could you hide the arrow holster if the player hides the bow?

Thank you.

EDIT: My mistake. You already do.
    There is a glitch though, where not the holster, but the arrow's contained within, are visible during conversation.
    That was my bad. Apologies.

• Graesholt
    9 posts

Having the rope dart hidden unless you equip it as an ability would make sense as well...

Edit: Or simply a toggle to hide the rope dart. I can hide my bow or my weapons that I use every other second, but I HAVE to look at the rope dart, which I LITERALLY never use, and never will...

• HoodedKeeper
    12 posts

Agree with all of this and would add that I dislike the cloak being auto equipped in distrust areas when I have it hidden.

• McTankler420
    11 posts

@graesholt The shrinking weapons REALLY [censored] me off- it looks terrible.

• henrym0rgan
    1 posts

Hi!
    I can't understand where did 3d designer look at, when he was drawing this! I'm really waiting for any fix for this.

undefined

• FactualCharacte
    1 posts

undefined

This text is here just to meet the minimum character requirement because the screenshot says all there is to say

• Mor11din
    1 posts

@graesholt Thank you so much for requesting this. I avoid 2 handed weapons because of how horrible this looks, and there is no way it would be a complicated add to slip in to a next patch.
    Please Ubi!

• akaBrucey
    1 posts

When you equip the Bone Biter Dane Axe (2h) the sheath for the axe on your back is not aligned properly. Actually it seems like there is an extra sheath that appears for your axe on your back. This looks really jarring and the extra sheath should be removed.

This might happen for other 2h weapons too and may need investigation as well.

undefined

I tried to post this originally on the Ubisoft Bug report website but there is no actual button to submit the ticket it seems.
    undefined

I keep getting Error error when making this post, bah I have spent so long into this stupid bug report

• TXC-DEVV
    18 posts

Why is it that eivor always has two heavy sheaths on their back? Even when theyre onky carying a single weapon? Is there any chance they can change it for duel/single weilding?

• sattium85
    105 posts
    When using a two-handed weapon, the character displays one extra scabbard on his back.
  • SteveZ_Pun
    273 posts

@sattium85
    Dont like it too. The armor isnt designed good..weapons glitch through or no scabbard(maybe super glue?)

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts

Hey everyone,

I've merged together several threads dedicated to this issue whereby two sheaths appear on Eivor's back even when a single two-handed weapon is in use, as I saw that this topic was gaining more traction again. Thank you all for reaching out to us to share your thoughts on this, and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I'd like to reassure you all that this is a topic that the development team are already aware of, and I've reached out to them to find out whether it is intended behaviour or a genuine visual issue. As soon as I have any additional informtion to share with you all, I'll be sure to reply to this thread again.

@Graesholt - In reference to your reply from November 15th, can you clarify if the "belts" you are referring to are the holsters where the one-handed weapons such as hammers and axes are stored?

@HoodedKeeper - With regard to your post from November 17th, it would be best to open a separate thread to discuss the behaviour of the disguise as this is linked to the overall stealth mechanics of Valhalla, and as such has a lot more to consider. Thank you!

@McTankler420 - We have a thread dedicated to the "weapon growth" topic that you can find here if interested. Please feel free to share your feedback on this, though I can confirm that it is intended behaviour and is not considered to be a defect or bug by the development team. 🙂

@sattium85 - Do you mainly notice these visual issues with "unusual" weapon types, such as the Swordfish and sickles?

Official Response

Suggested Topics